What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aerial Assault's ***OFFICIAL Miscellaneous/Catch-All TV Thread***: "SheKnows" Cuts Charles From Line of Succession, Alters Netflix Writing Plan for Th (1 Viewer)

What is the best new show of the last two (or so) TV seasons?

• The Man in the High Castle

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • The Handmaid's Tale

• Feud: Bette and Joan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This Is Us

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Legion

• Preacher

• Blood Drive

• Riverdale

• Victoria

• Stranger Things

• Better Call Saul

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Ozark

• Other (Explain)

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Speaking of sitcoms...some new(er) ones we watch:

Baskets, Crashing, Rick and Morty, People of Earth, Brockmire, Catastrophe

Always good to hear about sitcoms as we are exclusively drama fans/watchers with a few reality shows (Survivor, Amazing Race, Voice and Bach) mixed in.  Thanks, jamny.  

like these two a lot.
Those are actually my 2 least favorite on the list. I think People of Earth has fallen off a bit in the second season and Catastrophe can be a tough watch since it's hard to root for either of them at times, especially her.

Those are actually my 2 least favorite on the list. I think People of Earth has fallen off a bit in the second season and Catastrophe can be a tough watch since it's hard to root for either of them at times, especially her.
tbh, I've only watched a bit of baskets (wasn't interested) and falling (same). I don't remember if we watched the second season of PoE yet.

but catastraphe I really like.. very smartly written and acted- going far enough with the humor (and I love the supporting cast and characters) in gut-punching ways to make it clearly not drama or melo-drama, even though given the subject (new family, relationship struggling to make it) it can easily veer that way. that makes it easier for for me to not worry about routing for either of them and just sit back and enjoy the situations and humor.

Always good to hear about sitcoms as we are exclusively drama fans/watchers with a few reality shows (Survivor, Amazing Race, Voice and Bach) mixed in.  Thanks, jamny.  
Speaking of sitcoms, for some reason I am a big fan of The Ranch :bag:

I don't know if it is the eye candy, the romantic ideal of a ranch/rural Rocky mountain community, the That 70's Show style of comedy, or Sam Elliot being Sam Elliot. 

Speaking of sitcoms, for some reason I am a big fan of The Ranch :bag:

I don't know if it is the eye candy, the romantic ideal of a ranch/rural Rocky mountain community, the That 70's Show style of comedy, or Sam Elliot being Sam Elliot. 
Is that Elisha Cuthbert?  I wondered what she'd been doing.  

Anyone else wathing The Sinner on USA?
Yeeeeeees . . . see my post above, where I talk about it at the end. :)    What do you think so far?  
Liking it so far..
Feels like it could end up being a Religious Cult like reasoning.
You have the :loco: Religious Mom blaming her for the sisters sickness, the reference to 7 stab wounds, 7 punches, aka 7 sins...
and of course, the title of the show, The Sinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed premiere dates for S2 for The Crown (Dec 8) and Victoria (Jan 14).  We're nearly through with The Crown S1 and it's very moving.  Some incredible performances.  Pacing similar to Mad Men/Boardwalk Empire. 

Now through the third ep of The Sinner.  To my relief it may actually not involve supernatural forces (!).  It's well-acted and tightly written but I think I can guess what happened.  And whoever thought it would be a good idea to have Bill Pullman in the thrall of some matronly dominatrix needs to take a long walk off a short pier.  

Going to try to blast through The Defenders this weekend. :yes:  

Anyone here watching or have watched "Z: The Beginning Of Everything," which is about Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald (F. Scott's troubled wife)? I'm into S1E4 right now and it's been pretty good, though I already know that this isn't going to have a happy ending. 

eta* It just got renewed for a surprise season two on Amazon

So a show i really wanted to like and had to bail on in the 1st season is The Strain. I am pretty sure it had a thread a bit, and there isn't a ton on now so i have been binging to catch up. And holy hell does this show suck. I mean like reaaallll bad. 

The plot is pretty good, has enough action, and isn't totally predictable so there is opportunity there. But i have never watched anything and hated the Protagonist so much. I mean i hate this dude more then most of the guys you are supposed to hate on shows. Started with the rumors when the series started that i guess he is from ER or something and he made them change some things to get him more attention. But everything about this character and actor makes it so it is basically where i watch the show, and have to fast forward when he is on the screen. 

Anybody watch this one? there was another show, and it had it to a much less degree, about a history teacher who was leading humankind against an alien invasion. i think it was the same idea with the main character wanting to be more of a presence on the show, and had to stop watching that one because of the main lead again.

this happen to anybody else? wondering if it is just me, or is this a trend? and how do shows not realize these mistakes (unless it is just me being a pissy dude)

Just finished up "The Sinner"

What an intense Roller coaster ride... There are parts that were a little hard to watch

partial Incest
but overall the story, the drama and even the eventual pay off were all well done. Highly recommend it. :thumbup:

Next up.... Even though the ratings haven't been very good, and the chances of it getting renewed to get a "conclusion" are not looking good... I've been enjoying "Salvation".

And can't leave this catch all thread without giving a BIG :thumbup: to  The Last Ship..

Just when I think they've hit a spot where they should end the series before they ruin it, AKA Heroes, they throw in a new twist that grabs my attention and re-hooks me in again for another season.

watching the 2nd episode of Syfy's Channel Zero - No End House. 1st season was strange and i bailed a few episodes in, but binged it a few weeks ago and it was ok. Not sure where this season is going, but so far has my interest

I mentioned this somewhere last year in some long lost thread but I think many are missing out on Good Behavior

Letty Raines is a thief and con artist who is always one bad decision from implosion. Fresh out of prison, she's attempting to stay afloat. But when she overhears a hit man being hired to kill a man's wife, she sets out to derail the job, sending her on a wild collision course with the killer.
Really enjoyed last season and the 2nd season starts up October 15th :popcorn:

Knew the pole was going to be a blowout before I even clicked on Saul.  Love the thread for all the suggestions tho.

What an intense Roller coaster ride... There are parts that were a little hard to watch

partial Incest
but overall the story, the drama and even the eventual pay off were all well done. Highly recommend it. :thumbup:

Next up.... Even though the ratings haven't been very good, and the chances of it getting renewed to get a "conclusion" are not looking good... I've been enjoying "Salvation".

And can't leave this catch all thread without giving a BIG :thumbup: to  The Last Ship..

Just when I think they've hit a spot where they should end the series before they ruin it, AKA Heroes, they throw in a new twist that grabs my attention and re-hooks me in again for another season.
lol... I found all three of those pretty weak, probably the order of weakness matching the order that you posted. 

guess we don't have to pay attention to each others' recommendations going forward...

partial Incest

lol... I found all three of those pretty weak, probably the order of weakness matching the order that you posted. 

guess we don't have to pay attention to each others' recommendations going forward...
Salvation is probably the "weakest" of the bunch for me..
A lot of really???? moments, but thought the idea.. Asteroid, Trip to Mars, World War III almost began, Conspiracy inside the White house had it's moments to..

I thought Sinner kept you guessing all the way to the last two episodes exactly what happened and thought it was well done.. Except Jeff Bridge's Character... They didn't fully go into why he liked to be the "Slave" or why, or what he blamed himself for..

And The Last Ship is my idea of a great Summertime :popcorn: movie, except you get to watch it each week!

watching the 2nd episode of Syfy's Channel Zero - No End House. 1st season was strange and i bailed a few episodes in, but binged it a few weeks ago and it was ok. Not sure where this season is going, but so far has my interest
man, this show is getting better as the season goes on (i think)

Users who are viewing this thread