What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC's Top 8 teams this year (1 Viewer)

Kit Fisto

Footballguy
1. Pittsburgh (Div. Champ)

2. Denver (Div. Champ)

3. New England (Div. Champ)

4. Indianapolis (Div. Champ)

5. Cincinatti (WC)

6. Miami (WC)

7. Oakland

8. Jacksonville

Yours?

1. Cincy

2. Indy

3. Denver

4. Cleve

5. Miami

6. Jacksonville

7. Kansas City

8. Pittsburgh

Laugh all you want but I am always a gambler when it comes to team predictions. Pittsburg run is over! New England in a serious re build mode! Welcome to the new team on the block. The BROWNS!

1. Pittsburgh (Div Champ)

2. Kansas City (Div Champ)

3. Miami (Div Champ)

4. Jacksonville (Div Champ)

5. Denver (WC)

6. Indy (WC)

7A. New England

7B. Cincy (with healthy Palmer)

I think the Dolphins make a huge jump this year.

The Pats finally start to fall off a little. Miss the playoffs by one game.

Colts can't hold off the Jags anymore.

Cincy could be strong if Palmer is. Without him, they dont win 8 games.

Pittsburgh is still the king until they prove otherwise.

1. 'Nati*

2. Denver

3. Jax

4. Miami

5. NE

6. Pitt

7. Clev

8. KC

* Provided Palmer is 100%

:2cents:

Pitt is a good team that got hot at the right time last year. No way they repeat

NE is a team that I have problems forcasting, but I do think they are on a downward swing

Miami has a lot of rebuilding going on here (QB, OL, DB, LB, Off Coor, Def Coor), as well, but with good pieces. They are really going to be a strong contender :) or they will implode :no:

Clev I like what Romeo is doing here, I think they start becoming a force rather than a farce

1- Steelers

2- Colts

3- Bengals (if Palmer is ready to go week 1)

4- Broncos

5- Patriots

6- Chargers

7- Dolphins

8- Chiefs

1. 'Nati*

2. Denver

3. Jax

4. Miami

5. NE

6. Pitt

7. Clev

8. KC

Pitt is a good team that got hot at the right time last year. No way they repeat

NE is a team that I have problems forcasting, but I do think they are on a downward swing

Miami has a lot of rebuilding going on here (QB, OL, DB, LB, Off Coor, Def Coor), as well, but with good pieces. They are really going to be a strong contender :) or they will implode :no:

Clev I like what Romeo is doing here, I think they start becoming a force rather than a farce
If Ben didn't get hurt, the Steelers more than likely would have won the division last year... :rolleyes:

1. Pittsburgh

2. Indianapolis

3. Denver

4. Cincinnati

5. Kansas City

6. San Diego

7. Miami

8. Houston :eek:

Gotta throw in one surprise pick!

1. 'Nati*

2. Denver

3. Jax

4. Miami

5. NE

6. Pitt

7. Clev

8. KC

Miami has a lot of rebuilding going on here (QB, OL, DB, LB, Off Coor, Def Coor), as well, but with good pieces. They are really going to be a strong contender  :)   or they will implode  :no:  

If Ben didn't get hurt, the Steelers more than likely would have won the division last year... :rolleyes:
And if Palmer didn't get hurt Pitt would have had an early exit in the playoffs.....

1. Kansas City Chiefs (Div. Champ)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (Div. Champ)

3. New England Patriots (Div. Champ)

4. Indianapolis Colts (WC)

5. Pittsburgh Steelers (Div. Champ)

6. Denver Broncos (WC)

7. Miami Dolphins

8. San Diego Chargers

Let it be known that I do not believe that Carson Palmer will play until November, and so therefore I see the Bengals as no better than an 8-8 team and 3rd in their division (Baltimore).

I stick by these predictions until training camp, so here they are.

Playoffs

(6)Denver at (3)New England

(5)Indianapolis at (4)Pittsburgh

(4)Pittsburgh at (1)Kansas City

(3)New England at (2)Jacksonville

(3)New England at (1)Kansas City

Super Bowl XLI

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Washington Redskins

Final Score: Chiefs 36, Redskins 29

MVP: Larry Johnson

Last edited:
Gotta say I'm pretty stunned by all of the people picking against the Patriots...

My list:

1. Broncos

2. Steelers

3. Patriots

4. Chiefs

5. Bengals

6. Jags

7. Indy

8. Cleveland

:eek:

Love all of you guys burying the Pats..... :lmao:

What have they actually lost? A kicker? I'm supposed to :cry: over a kicker.

McGinest was a situational player, albeit a very good one. Givens was a #2 receiver that was in and out of the lineup.

They get Harrison back this year. They get their C Dan Koppen back this year. They get LT Matt Light back this year.

NO WAY Miami overtakes the Pats this year. Brady >>> Culpepper. The Pats still have a better D than Miami. Miami's D is OLD.

1. Pitt

2. NE

3. Denver

4. Indy

5. Cincy

6. KC

Pitt is the defending champions. No big defections, they start out in first. NE is healthy now and until proven otherwise, they are still a prime contender. Denver was a conference championship team last year and I think they will be a contender again. Indy takes a step back, losing Edge and emotional affect of last year will hurt. Cant put Cincy higher until I see how Palmer is. KC has made some nice pickups on D and have a more defensive minded coach.

I think SD takes a step back replacing Brees with Rivers. Miami snuck up on people at the end of last year but I am not a big Culpepper fan. They lost Ricky so the whole burden falls on Ronnie Brown. The Fins will do well to repeat last years record.

1. Indianapolis

2. Denver

3. Pittsburgh

4. Cincinatti

5. New England

6. Jacksonville

7. Miami

8. Kansas City

1. Indy

2. KC

3. DEN

4. Miami

5. Pitt

6. Cincy

7. Clev.

8. NE
Cleveland is ahead of NE now? :lmao: :lmao: Stop it, please. You are killing me.Charlie Frye is going to lead his team to a better record than Tom Brady.

Have I missed a news report?

Seymour, Wilford, Warren, Colvin, Vrabel, Bruschi, Asante Samual, Eugene Wilson and Rodney Harrison are all still playing D for the Pats, right?

1. Kansas City Chiefs (Div. Champ)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (Div. Champ)

3. New England Patriots (Div. Champ)

4. Indianapolis Colts (WC)

5. Pittsburgh Steelers (Div. Champ)

6. Denver Broncos (WC)

7. Miami Dolphins

8. San Diego Chargers

Let it be known that I do not believe that Carson Palmer will play until November, and so therefore I see the Bengals as no better than an 8-8 team and 3rd in their division (Baltimore).

I stick by these predictions until training camp, so here they are.

Playoffs

(6)Denver at (3)New England

(5)Indianapolis at (4)Pittsburgh

(4)Pittsburgh at (1)Kansas City

(3)New England at (2)Jacksonville

(3)New England at (1)Kansas City

Super Bowl XLI

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Washington Redskins

Final Score: Chiefs 36, Redskins 29

MVP: Larry Johnson
:eek: Someone actually out-homering me!

Once again, I'll be the one to step in and actually make a bold prediction or two:

1. Miami

2. KC

3. Indy

4. Pit

5. Den

6. NE

7. Jack

8. SD

:eek: Someone actually out-homering me!
I'm not a Chiefs fan. I consider them among the teams that I like, but they are under the Bengals, Giants and Bucs, respectively.

Once again, I'll be the one to step in and actually make a bold prediction or two:

1. Miami

2. KC

3. Indy

4. Pit

5. Den

6. NE

7. Jack

8. SD
QB in a new system doesn't = immediate success. Give Culpepper and that offense a year to click.

I expected some dirt to be thrown on the Patriots. I have faith they'll be back.

I am seeing lots of Dolphin love going on. I also see the Browns as a team on the rise. Not this year, though.

What I'm not buying is all the Chiefs love. Why?

I expected some dirt to be thrown on the Patriots. I have faith they'll be back.

I am seeing lots of Dolphin love going on. I also see the Browns as a team on the rise. Not this year, though.

Take a good look at them. They are a team now playing at a championship level that's hungry as hell and now has the Gruden Factor going for them. I don't see how they aren't favorites going into this season. Give them homefield at Arrowhead and they are invincible.I wish I could show you the nice power rankings equations that I read right before the post season started.

The Chiefs were #3 behind the Seahawks and Colts. And it was a very solid system used.... anyone remember what I'm referring to? A link would be great.

Last edited:
1. Colts

2. Bengals

3. Steelers

4. Broncos

5. Chiefs

6. Pats

7. Ravens

8. SD

AFC is tough. Hard to leave off Miami who is rising and JAX who have a solid outfit but you said to pick 8.

Take a good look at them. They are a team now playing at a championship level that's hungry as hell and now has the Gruden Factor going for them. I don't see how they aren't favorites going into this season. Give them homefield at Arrowhead and they are invincible.I wish I could show you the nice power rankings equations that I read right before the post season started.

The Chiefs were #3 behind the Seahawks and Colts. And it was a very solid system used.... anyone remember what I'm referring to? A link would be great.
What is the Gruden Factor?I agree that they have a great offense, but I'm not convinced on D just yet. How can a team that is playing "on a championship level" not make the playoffs?

What is the Gruden Factor?

I agree that they have a great offense, but I'm not convinced on D just yet. How can a team that is playing "on a championship level" not make the playoffs?
A super hungry team with a coach that couldn't take them to the big game, and then a new coach comes in who pushes them over the top.Herm Edwards is that guy. This is so the Chiefs' year. After this year and a Super Bowl Title, KC will go back to the doldrums because half of their team is going to retire... but this is just their year. As a team they've got everything going their way.

Getting Ty Law would be huge.... although I haven't heard much on him of late.

Last edited:

I agree that they have a great offense, but I'm not convinced on D just yet. How can a team that is playing "on a championship level" not make the playoffs?
A super hungry team with a coach that couldn't take them to the big game, and then a new coach comes in who pushes them over the top.Herm Edwards is that guy. This is so the Chiefs' year. After this year and a Super Bowl Title, KC will go back to the doldrums because half of their team is going to retire... but this is just their year. As a team they've got everything going their way.

It seems like every year is "the Chiefs year".

Half of their team..............????????????????Please explain...

1 Jacksonville

2 New England

3 Oakland

4 Pittsburgh

5 Denver

6 Baltimore

:football:
It is what it is, huh? Well, the question asked for the top 8. Spin it any way you like, but your list is not the top 8 teams. It ain't what he asked for.

1. Miami

2. KC

3. Indy

4. Pit

5. Den

6. NE

7. Jack

8. SD
QB in a new system doesn't = immediate success. Give Culpepper and that offense a year to click.
I actually had Washington in Miami in the SB before this offseason started and both teams made all of those moves. My thoughts are only strengthened now.

1. Steelers (AFC North Champ)

2. Colts (AFC South Champ)

3. Dolphins (AFC East Champ)

4. Broncos (AFC West Champ)

5. Patriots

6. Bengals

7. Jaguars

8. Chiefs

9. Chargers

10. Browns

11. Ravens

12. Raiders

13. Titans

14. Bills

15. Texans

16. Jets

1. Colts (DW)

2. Cincinnati (DW)

3. San Diego (DW)

4. Miami (DW)

5. Pittsburgh (WC)

6. Jags, Chiefs, Broncos and Pats all battle it out for the 2nd wildcard.

The WC system is flaWed right now. Its really not fair that the AFC West beats each other up. Each of the other divisions have 1 or 2 very subpar teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
steelers 11-5

broncos 11-5

colts 11-5

patriots 11-5

dolphins 10-6

cinci 9-7

steelers probably the best balance but those 4th and 1 from bettis will be missed

patriots still have the best qb and coach in football .

if the broncos add a good vet wr and te they #1

phins will be most improved team

chargers are headed for a couple 5 or 6 win seasons again

cincys defense was awfull at last years end

I am only one on here picked Pittsburg not to return to playoffs?? Just remember where you heard it first! They were very lucky to even get in last year. They couldn't beat Ravens when they needed a win bad! PUKESBURG fans get then crying towells out now! You won't even make playoffs next year!

Yeah, Herm Edwards' post-season success really ought to rub off on this team.Stating irrefutable evidence like "This is so the Chiefs' year" to support your opinion that the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl makes it a lock. :P

What is the Gruden Factor?I agree that they have a great offense, but I'm not convinced on D just yet. How can a team that is playing "on a championship level" not make the playoffs?
Is this the link MLBrandow was seeking? http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff.phpAnyways, the Chiefs were very nearly in the playoffs at 10-6 instead of the Steelers at 11-5. We all know how the Steelers season ended. Don't be so quick to disparage the Chiefs because they didn't make the playoffs.

I am only one on here picked Pittsburg not to return to playoffs?? Just remember where you heard it first! They were very lucky to even get in last year. They couldn't beat Ravens when they needed a win bad! PUKESBURG fans get then crying towells out now! You won't even make playoffs next year!
I have a feeling this dude took a visit to Pukesburg not too long after posting this... :X You gotta love drunk Browns fans! :lmao:

A super hungry team with a coach that couldn't take them to the big game, and then a new coach comes in who pushes them over the top.Herm Edwards is that guy.
Herm Edwards is most certainly not that guy, and not a good coach. He will get outcoached and out adjusted, unless he can face Marty in every playoff game.

Users who are viewing this thread