What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahman Green in 2006 (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
I notice Green disappearing from many 2006 prelim rankings, and wonder if it's a function of age, injury, situation, or something else?Love to hear some comments on where he's projects for 2006. Is he definitely out at GB? If so, where's he likely to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
He was interviewed at the Bucks game last night. He said he's ahead of schedule with his rehab. He plans to start working out next week and wants to remain with the Packers.

IIRC, Green is slated to be a free agent, and given the uncertainty in Green Bay with regard to the coaching staff, Brett Farve, the direction of the team, and several players returning from injury (as well as other free agents) it is difficult to project what will happen to Green this offseason.Until we know his health status and what team he's on, any educated guesses are indeed guesses at this point. Even if he stays in Green Bay, who knows what the Packers will ook like in 2006?

Another question is what does the backfield look like? Davenport is a FA, but could be back due to injury issues. Gado played well in the absence of the injured backs. It could be a muddled mess.

Another question is what does the backfield look like? Davenport is a FA, but could be back due to injury issues. Gado played well in the absence of the injured backs. It could be a muddled mess.
Right on. I believe Green, Davenport and Fisher are all free agents. And Gado and Herron did well with their opportunitites. This is a mess.

GB will be in full-blown rebuilding mode, meaning no future there for Ahman.My fearless prediction? Signs at a reasonable figure with Philly...

GB will be in full-blown rebuilding mode, meaning no future there for Ahman.
Not so sure about that. He isn't going to command a lot of money, or a long term commitment. He wants to stay in Green Bay. I believe they have a good shot at signing him to a reasonable deal.

GB will be in full-blown rebuilding mode, meaning no future there for Ahman.
Not so sure about that. He isn't going to command a lot of money, or a long term commitment. He wants to stay in Green Bay. I believe they have a good shot at signing him to a reasonable deal.
:goodposting:

Q: Ahman Green in 2006, has he disappeared?A: He disappeared in 2005. I know, I drafted him.

Keep this much in mind -- he was on the decline in a big way even before the injury. That's nothing I want any part of now, especially with that team looking to rebuild.Steer clear.

Until we know his health status and what team he's on, any educated guesses are indeed guesses at this point. Even if he stays in Green Bay, who knows what the Packers will ook like in 2006?
See 49ers, San Francisco, 2005..... :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread