What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Al Wilson (1 Viewer)

flooredyas

Footballguy
Last I heard was him failing a physical and getting cut. Though I read that he claims to be healthy. Will he find a team willing to give him a shot, or is it really the end?

My current understanding is that he's yet to be cleared to play. He's due for another evaluation soon, IIRC, and that will determine whether he retires or gets back on the market.

I was thinking about picking him up when free agency starts, but then I checked his ranking in my 14 team league. LB 51 in 2006 and LB 47 in 2005. Not as good as I figured. That's a low starting Lb 4 and being another year older and currently jobless, I'll pass. No guarantee he gets a starting job either. There are others with more upside to pick up. Has he even been cleared to resume his career?

I know there has been some talk about him in some threads, but

this was the only Al Wilson thread I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about picking him up when free agency starts, but then I checked his ranking in my 14 team league. LB 51 in 2006 and LB 47 in 2005. Not as good as I figured. That's a low starting Lb 4 and being another year older and currently jobless, I'll pass. No guarantee he gets a starting job either. There are others with more upside to pick up. Has he even been cleared to resume his career?I know there has been some talk about him in some threads, but this was the only Al Wilson thread I could find.
Are there any updates on where WIlson will play this year, if at all?

I was thinking about picking him up when free agency starts, but then I checked his ranking in my 14 team league. LB 51 in 2006 and LB 47 in 2005. Not as good as I figured. That's a low starting Lb 4 and being another year older and currently jobless, I'll pass. No guarantee he gets a starting job either. There are others with more upside to pick up. Has he even been cleared to resume his career?I know there has been some talk about him in some threads, but this was the only Al Wilson thread I could find.
He's been on visits to New Orleans and Detroit, but hasn't signed. Not a good sign. :mellow:

I was thinking about picking him up when free agency starts, but then I checked his ranking in my 14 team league. LB 51 in 2006 and LB 47 in 2005. Not as good as I figured. That's a low starting Lb 4 and being another year older and currently jobless, I'll pass. No guarantee he gets a starting job either. There are others with more upside to pick up. Has he even been cleared to resume his career?

He's been on visits to New Orleans and Detroit, but hasn't signed. Not a good sign. :lmao:
Not at all ... Detroit signed Fincher last week.

He's been on visits to New Orleans and Detroit, but hasn't signed. Not a good sign. :hophead:
Not at all ... Detroit signed Fincher last week.
I think I also read that Wilson is now suing the Broncos saying they harmed his return to football. Possibly pushing him to return sooner than possible. I'll see if I can find a link.
Code:
WILSON WANTS HIS 2007 PAY FROM THE BRONCOSPosted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2008, 10:31 p.m.An intriguing legal battle has played out under the radar between the Denver Broncos and former linebacker Al Wilson.Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Wilson is pursuing a grievance against the Broncos based on his belief that the team failed to give him appropriate medical advice and treatment after Wilson suffered a neck injury late in the 2006 season. Wilson played again in 2006 after suffering the injury.The dispute, which recently went to a formal hearing, arose under Article XLIV of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Specifically, Section 1 requires the team to advise the player in writing of any condition that “could be significantly aggravated” by continued performance.Wilson’s contention is that the Broncos failed to tell him in writing that he had a herniated disk in his neck. As a result, Wilson claims that he didn’t even know about the condition until he flunked a physical in April 2007, when he was being evaluated by the Giants in connection with a possible trade.The trade fell through, and Wilson eventually was released. He had the injury repaired, and he is now pursuing a return to the NFL. He has visited with the Lions and the Browns.Wilson claims that if he’d known about the condition, he would have had surgery in late 2006, and would have been ready for the 2007 season. Thus, he wants the base salary he would have earned from the Broncos if he had been able to play.Several million dollars hang in the balance on this one. Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread