What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All FBG Mock! (1 Viewer)

Lets get done the draft and then run with this. I think a good idea is to start with the most active people in the mock and then invite others we see fit. We could solicit input from the board. I would like to see a few of the other sharks in this including mlevin, pigskin, captain quin, etc.To be honest, I am looking forward to battling mbeuhner the most :football:
I'm in if it is an invitation!!

I think you're drastically overstating the worth of Leftwich and Carr.Colin
You don't think either Leftwich or Carr will match or outproduce Plummer? I know that sounds like a challenge, but it's really a question.

I think you're drastically overstating the worth of Leftwich and Carr.Colin
In the same breath HERD I think you are vastly underestimating Carr and Leftwich. They both have a excellent supporting cast around their maturation. the only worry with all three is interceptions. Plummer and Brooks have learned the ropes already and I would feel comfortable with either as a startikng QB but Culy is what seperates Britney from the pack.

You don't think either Leftwich or Carr will match or outproduce Plummer? I know that sounds like a challenge, but it's really a question.
Individually, no. If you can QBBC spot start them then yeah they will outproduce him. Texans will lean heavy on DD and Jax heavy on Taylor to avoid Ints. and Denver just traded Portis. Plummer will have every option to throw a ton this year and has targets everywhere.

Britney,I actually do NOT think either will outproduce Plummer. Despite all the crap the guy has taken over the years, Plummer was a very effective fantasy QB last year. (Disclosure: I friggin' hate Jake Plummer. I think he sucks. THat being said, he played well last year). By cutting down on the INT's last year, he was able to produce well enough to be the 15th rated QB in standardscoring despite missing 6 games. He was top ten in passer rating for regular starters, top 5 in yards per carry (5.6), and shocker of all shockers, only had 9 INTs.I'm not saying Leftwich and Carr don't have upside, they do. I think Leftwich can be an effective QB this year, both in the NFL and FF. However, for all intents and purposes, Plummer was a top-10 or better QB last year when he was playing. I think its a tad premature to expect that from Leftwich or Carr.Just my opinion.Colin

I don't know if it's just me, but I see a ton of upside for Leftwich. Everything I have seen from him is good. I am probably hoping, but I do see him putting up as good of numbers as Plummer. I sort of forget about Plummer running the ball though, and there is something to be said about that.I like Carr as well, but Leftwich is my guy. Carr was just a value pick truthfully.But week to week, I see Culpepper outperforming the combo od Brooks/Plummer. That is why I spent a 2nd round pick on him. I think I will have the most points from the QB position of any team. You are bound to miss a couple times with Brooks/Plummer if playing matchups. I will start Culpepper every week, and get all his points. There is no chance to miss a 3 TD game from him.Interesting stuff here.

Two things:

1) The Hybrid Onions are pred drafted for the remainder of the draft

2) What to do when the draft is done?

How about we set up a bracket (tournament) like the babe bracket on the FFA message board, allow voting and others to make comments.

just a thought

I also disagree that Herd has the best set of QBs ...... I like my set of McNabb and Bledsoe.
Neither of them was a decent fantasy QB last year, and they were each only decent for half of '02. Colin

When this is over, i'll leave it to you guys to critique each team. I'm going to write a series of posts that rank each unit of each team - who has the best QBs, the best WRs, the best RBs, and the Best of the Rest (TE, K, D/St) just for fun. Colin

I take Plummer over Carr and Leftwich right now.......Plummer improved a BUNCH on his rating year 1 under Skeletor, and it should continue.Despite some bad injuries, he had a solid TD/Int ratio.Plays for a former QB coach = lots of upside.Carr and Leftwich both still have a bit to go before they are consistant starters IMO.

I think playing the matchups with Bulger and Green beats Brooks and Plummer.
It depends 100% on how their schedules match-up. Two studs who have similar SOS = you never know when to start which one. I'm currently working on an "expected" vs. "actual" performance to determine which qb's or systems are easiest to predict when to start. Some qb's and systems score more points against good defenses than expected and vice versa = when you start them (bc their schedule is "ez" they underperform). I'll make sure the results get posted AFTER this year's complete schedule is posted.(Liquor)

I wasn't looking WR and did not see it until the pick, but I think A.Davis at 15.2 by Red is a nice value pick.32 Games 12 Starts 77 rec 996 yards 12.9 avg 11 TDs in his first 2 years.40 catches on 58 targets in 2003 (69%)Had the Lelie debate on the Bronco/Northcutt thread - THIS looks more like a guy on the verge of a breakout to me.

15.14 James Stewart16.1 49ers DefenseStewart could end up anywhere. He was averaging 4.4 ypc and ~35 yards/game recieving when he was healthy in 2002. Thats not likely to go unnoticed. Stewart will end up somewhere, either as a backup or as an immediate starter. Ill be contraversial and note that I believe Stewart has about the same chance of putting up useful numbers next year as any given rookie in the draft considering the pre-draft nature of this mock. People get too ga-ga over rookies. Now that doesn mean that one of the top 4 wont have a great season, one probably will. But pickign the correct one is problematic. I picked a guy in round 15 I believe has the same odds of production as any one of the rookies takin as early as round 2 of this draft and forward. None of these guys have a team yet, any one could pull a Larry Johnson, or Deshawn Foster, or Curtis Enis... including Stewart. But Stewart has proved he can play in the NFL and none of those guys have proven a lick. Plus its a fairly mediocre bunch to begin with, notwithstanding the usual draft fever.The 49ers Defense was the squad I targeted and the squad I got. Young, high impact, improving. They will probably buck the WR expectations and take a defensive player in the 1st round. For my final pick they suit me fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im shocked at how many teams there are in this draft that will have to catch a break somewhere just to field 2 starting RBs. Considering there are about maybe a dozen respectable WRs still on the board that is unbelieveable.

My team:Team: Mike Vick Show Owner: footballman_696969 Last activity: 4/13, 6:25 PM QB TM B FP Matt Hasselbeck SEA 0 17 Quincy Carter DAL 0 14 RB Jamal Lewis BAL 0 18 Travis Henry BUF 0 13 Curtis Martin NYJ 0 10 Eddie George TEN 0 9 WR Marty Booker CHI 0 7 Troy Brown NEP 0 6 Rod Gardner WAS 0 6 Tyrone Calico TEN 0 6 Quincy Morgan CLE 0 4 TE Itula Mili SEA 0 4 Anthony Becht NYJ 0 4 K Josh Brown SEA 0 7 DT Colts IND 0 3 Broncos DEN 0 2 I'm pretty happy with my team overall. I feel I'm strong at Qb with Hasselbeck as my starter. He should match if not beat his numbers from last year with that great supporting cast of Alexander, KRob, and DJax. Quincy Carter is not a stud, but he'll be a solid backup now that he's had a year to learn Parcell's system. I love the RB's I ended up with. I'm very happy with Jamal and Henry as my starters. They should both be top 15 backs this year imo. CuMart and George are great depth and trade bait to have on my roster. I am pretty weak at WR, but fortunatly we only start 2 in this format. At least one of the guys I took should break out and be a solid starter. I'm pretty high on Booker this year and am happy with where I got him in the draft. My TE's are pretty week since I had a computer selection take Mili for me. I think Becht could have a good year with Pennington starting at QB though. Josh Brown should have a great year in Seattle. I like the strategy of having your QB and PK on the same team. One of my two defenses should be top 10 this year and I think Colts have a chance at being top 5.Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im shocked at how many teams there are in this draft that will have to catch a break somewhere just to field 2 starting RBs. Considering there are about maybe a dozen respectable WRs still on the board that is unbelieveable.
I think a lot of that is due to the fact we are drafting so early. Later in training camp, a lot of the backs picked will be either in, or out for sure. Some will still be question marks, but not all.

Mike Vick Show, GRADED, by me of course:

QB1 - Matt Hasselbeck A

Backup QB - Quincy Carter D-

Hasselbeck heads a very potent offense. The Seahawks spread the ball around, which hurts the WR's, but is wonderful for Hasselbeck. If one of the WR's go down, he is still very productive. You didn't spend a premium pick, and likely got a premium performer. Quincy is very poor depth IMO, injury to Hass, and your season is in trouble.

RB1 - Jamal Lewis A-

RB2 - Travis Henry A+

Backup RB - Curtis Martin, Eddie George B

Jamal is solid. He's not the best RB1 in the league, but he is coming off a 2k yard season, and certainly can't be called a negative. Travis Henry at RB2 could be a monster. When you take into account where he was drafted, this is the best value on your team. Martin is a great fill in, and George is tired and his role is diminishing. They average each other out. Still a great RB set.

WR1 - Marty Booker C-

WR2 - Troy Brown C

Backup WR - Rod Gardner, Tyrone Calico, Quincy Morgan B

You can't have all the players, and WR is where you skimped. Pretty obvious that was your plan. Booker would be a credible WR2, or great backup, but at WR1, he is not good. Troy Brown has seen his aervice are not nearly needed as much with the emergence of those "other" Patriot WR's. Troy is really a backup at this stage of his career. Your backups are ok. If any one of them does anything, it will be easy to move Booker or Brown right out of the starting lineup. You could really play matchups with any of your 5 WR's on any given week.

TE1 - Itulu Mili B+

Backup TE - Anthony Becht B-

I am very big on Mili. He's a consistent performer, and is really a major part of the Seattle offense. Especially in the red zone. Knowing I'm personally high in him, I refrained from giving you an A. Becht is a decent filler. Nothing special, but is a backup TE ever really that exciting?

I'm not grading K&Defense.

Overall, a good draft by FM in my view. This team would contend solely based on the RB's and QB. A trade for WR would make this team deadly.

I love my team.. I wish we were using this as a real league..QB - McNabb BledsoeRB - McCalister Mike Bennett Warrick Dunn Lamar Gordon Larry JohnsonWR - KRob Stallworth Lelie Drew Bennett Kevin DysonTE - Crumpler Teyo JohnsonK - KasayD - PanthersCall me optimistic, but I see Mcnabb as top 3 this year. Last year he struggled with injuries early, but he finished strong. Owens can't hurt (ok he can, but he won't) .. Bledsoe will return to form with a healthy Moulds. McCalister is a stud. Mike Bennett will come back healthy, and SOD will be an after thought. Warrick Dunn is always a good bye week fill in and then I have some lottery tickets in Gordon and Larry Johnson.Young, explosive WRs in good offenses - Krob, Stallworth, Lelie. Drew Bennett will surprise, and Kevin Dyson was cheap enuff to stash away. Is he the number 1 receiver on SD?Crumpler is an athletic TE who actually led FF through about 5 weeks last year. Teyo is a WR turned TE and could flourish if they get a QB ...Kasay is solid ... Panthers are good...Bang up job if I do say so myself. Of course, I did draft them, so of course I think they are good.. WHat do u guys think?

Bang up job if I do say so myself. Of course, I did draft them, so of course I think they are good.. WHat do u guys think?
QB - McNabbBledsoe

Grade - A

- McNabb is a great fantasy QB and I think he will probably finish the season around top five. He has alot of different receivers to spread the ball around to and his rushing yards + td's will help him alot. I'm not very high on Bledsoe, but he should be an ok back up for your stud Qb in McNabb.

RB - McCalister

Mike Bennett

Warrick Dunn

Lamar Gordon

Larry Johnson

Grade - A-

-McCallister is a stud on a great offensive team. He will easily put up top five numbers and maybe even top 3. I don't see Onterio Smith stealing many of Bennett's carries, but I do think he will lose goaline touches to Moe Williams, Culpepper, and maybe even some to the SOD. He should still get around 1200/5 which would be great value for the bottom of the 2nd. Warrick Dunn is an alright bye week filler, but if Bennett or McCallister went down - I would not want Dunn as my starter. Gordon and Johnson aren't worthy much, but if Faulk or Holmes goes down you hit the jackpot.

WR - KRob

Stallworth

Lelie

Drew Bennett

Kevin Dyson

Grade - B+

-KRob should have a good year in Seattle if he doesn't drop too many balls again this year. Stallworth could blow up and be top 10 easily, but he has too many injury concerns imo. Lelie is a good pick now that he is entering his third year and will be playing opposite R.Smith who should attract some double teams. I like Bennett, but I think him and Calico will split what Mason doesn't get. Dyson has the opportunity put up some nice numbers.

TE - Crumpler

Teyo Johnson

Grade - B+

-Crumpler was amazing at the start of the 2003 season, but then his numbers slowly declined. I think he will be a great option for Vick, but will not put up numbers like Gonzo, Heap, or Shockey. Teyo Johnson is a solid bye week filler.

K - Kasay

D - Panthers

Grade - A-

Overall you drafted a solid team that would be tough to beat. I like it alot, but of course mine is better. :yes:

What you think of my team, Juice?

There are 14 teams in this league, just how many teams did you expect to get a solid RB2?Take a look at this thread. I defy you to do any better than Ministry of Pain in finding sure-thing RBs for the upcoming season.

QB: B+Aaron Brooks, Jake Plummer - the key to this committee is making sure I don't get killed playing matchups. The temptation would be strong to play Brooks regardless, but that would be short-sighted. Both guys can put up top-8, or better, numbers so between the two of them, unless I make a bad play, there is no reason to think I can't have a QB tandem that finishes the year ranked in the top half. INterestingly, I ended up with the same duo in another mock. RB: INCOMPLETEStephen Jackson, Anthony Thomas, Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee, Mike Alstott, Tatum BellIf Stephen Jackson ends up somewhere where he's the feature back, and one of the Thomas duo gets the bulk of the work in Chicago, I'll be much better off then you think. However, if Jackson splits time and Chicago is a RBBC, I'm pretty much dead in the water. Alstott actually has the scoring past of a RB2, but I can't get that excited about him. McGahee should get some work but I doubt he'll do enough to be a RB2, much less an RB1. Bell was a luxury/depth pick.WR: ARandy Moss, Eric Moulds, Eddie Kennison, Roy WilliamsMoss is the best WR in the league. If Moulds rebounds at all, he'll be a top-16 guy which makes him a WR1a, and Kennison scores well enough to be a darn good WR3 in a 16 team league. I think Roy is the best WR in this draft class, so I'll take a chance on him having a rookie year similar to Stallworth and Andre's rookie contributions.TE: B-Marcus Pollard, Jason Witten. THe computer took Pollard for me, but he's a dog. Dallas Clark will have him on the bench by midseason. Witten should catch a lot of balls, but Dan Campbell is around and Q. Carter is still the QB.K: CMartin Gramatica is so unpredictable, I shudder at the thought of having him on my team.Defense: BI think Cincy's D is going to make some noise this year. They weren't bad last year, they'll probably take D in the 1st round, and they've added 2 guys that should be able to play well for Marvin (O'Neal, Gardner). I think this group has lots of upside.Colin

Um, considering there are 32 teams in the league and this is a shark draft, all of em.
I think the rest of us probably qualify as sharks, but you must be some sort of prophet if you know who qualifies, without question, as a solid RB2 in a 14 team league.Please enlighten us, O Great One, as to who is even going to start for the following teams in 2004:New EnglandDallasDetroitOaklandDenverAnd which of the RBs in these RBBC hells are solid RB2s:PhiladelphiaPittsburghTampa BayMinnesotaAtlantaAnd as long as you're imparting your wisdom upon us, please tell us which of the following RBs are not going to be seriously impacted by their back-ups and/or chronic injury concerns:Marshall FaulkTravis HenryRudy JohnsonLee SuggsStephen DavisEddie George

Doesnt take a prophet to know that relying on an undrafted rookie, a scheduled backup, or an unsigned free agent to be your #2 RB isnt the best idea in the world.

I dont know where you get off with your attitude either. I dont think im exactly rewriting the fantasy bible by suggesting having 2 rbs on your squad that are going to be on the field is a good idea.

as a solid RB2 in a 14 team league
Holmes, LT2, Portis, Green, McAllister, Williams, Alexander, Lewis, Faulk, James, Davis, Taylor, Henry, DD, Barlow, Johnson, Barber, Bennett, Westbrook, Shipp, Garner, Staley, Suggs, Martin, Jones, George, Dunn.There are 27 guys scheduled to start right there. Of course you could grab Hearst and Griffin late and have a likely starter between them. Duckett probably scores enough points and has enough upside to consider him for a 2.

If one or two teams missed these guys, thats one thing, but there are 4 teams in this draft without a number 2 back.

Lets throw it open to the board, who would be confortable going into the season with this backfield:

Edgerrin James IND 0 16

Greg Jones 0 0

Cedric Cobbs 0 0

Julius Jones 0 0

Kevin Jones

especially since you have absolutely no trade bait. Sorry in my opinion that is just a really bad, dangerous draft. Yeh, you could strike gold. But chances our your season will be over before the first game starts.

Barlow, Johnson, Barber, Bennett, Westbrook, Shipp, Garner, Staley, Suggs, Martin, Jones, George, Dunn.
These backs might all be "scheduled to start." But in April, that means nothing.Your initial assertion was:
Im shocked at how many teams there are in this draft that will have to catch a break somewhere just to field 2 starting RBs.
The majority of the above players are not solid because of their situations. I'd rather take a chance on Kevin Jones than the majority of these players.

The majority of the above players are not solid because of their situations. I'd rather take a chance on Kevin Jones than the majority of these players.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Im a big proponent of going with proven backs. Guys like Staley and Hearst alway seem to end up playing somehow, despite yearly reports of their demise.

Several people had discussed making this a league. I was in favor of going with the teams as drafted, others wanted to redraft later. I'd like to do it either way. Is this still on?I know JAA, the self appointed King, didn't want to play with some of us as we didn't measure up to his lofty standards. However, I don't think that diarrhea of the keyboard qualifies him for anything more than vying for the title "King of Crap."If he's the only one, we can easily replace him.

I agree that we should have a league with these teams we drafted.... Put our money where our mouths are .... Some people had such a high opinion of their teams and such a low opinion of others, lets see how it pans out.

I agree that we should have a league with these teams we drafted.... Put our money where our mouths are .... Some people had such a high opinion of their teams and such a low opinion of others, lets see how it pans out.
I think I have a solid team, and you guys are welcome to it. I'm not averse to "putting my money where my mouth it" with Fantasy Football, but I'm not doing it for a team picked before the NFL draft even takes place. Sorry, thats just me.Colin

Count me in as someone who has a high opinion if their own team. I certainly don't think all the other teams suck, but I DO feel my team is in the upper echelon of the league.I would certainly play with this team.I know it's hard to get a gruop of guys to all pay money that don't really know each other, so I'm willing to play for pride as I said before. I don't play games like this without the full intention of winning.I don't like the argument that "It's a team drafed in April". We all drafted with the same rules, so there is no unfair advantage. If the league is free, then there is nothing to stop people from playing, unless they are too scared to put the team that they drafted to the test.I have nothing against playing a "paper" league. Keep track of your own scores and submit them to the commish. Track your own rosters, etc. This is the way I always did it when first playing FF. Pick a site like ESPN as the standard scoring site.Just my thoughts.

I don't like the argument that "It's a team drafed in April". We all drafted with the same rules, so there is no unfair advantage.
I disagree. If I'd known we were drafting a team before the NFL draft and I was going to have to put money on it, I would have entered myself in the #1 slot to take LT2 and remove all doubt. Instead, I chose to sign up for a mock draft to use it as practice drafting from a later spot then I normally prefer. Colin

I disagree. If I'd known we were drafting a team before the NFL draft and I was going to have to put money on it, I would have entered myself in the #1 slot to take LT2 and remove all doubt. Instead, I chose to sign up for a mock draft to use it as practice drafting from a later spot then I normally prefer. Colin
NO desire to see how it turns out?

Not really. I like my team, but I don't love it. Between now and my first real redraft draft, I'll be spending dozens of hours pouring over data and details about pretty much every draftable guy in the NFL (thats just how big of a dork I can be.) THis group, I did with no research, little preperation, and not much thought to how others were drafting. Colin

I have no problem putting my money where my mouth is.

I am sorry you take offense to this 'self appointed king' crap. It was not directed at you per se, so I dont even know why you are upset. This may not be the best place, but when I think about the best 'Sharks' in the pool, your name doesnt come up, sorry.

That does not mean I will beat you in any league. It means that I dont think the information you give to the shark pool warrants you in a 'Shark Pool League' Matter of fact, it doesnt warrant me in the league either. However, if I thought of 12 people from this forum I wanted to be in a Shark league with, your name would not come up.

I am all for continueing this league with no money, some money, trophy, etc. I like my squad even before the draft. As far as the 'Shark Pool League', I think it needs a different thread.

JAA

So what's the deal? We gonna do this or not? I'm so game.HERD, would you do it for free? You know, it's not like the rest of us rand VBD spreadsheets for this draft. I know I personally just went off gut feeling and the top of my head picks. I think we all entered, and participated in this draft on a level playing field. Just for pride.We could even do this on xpert as a survivor. Although, I'm sure none of us had survivor in mind when we were drafting, it might still be fun. It would also save us from adding up our scores every week.Personally, I like drafts from earlier in the pre-season sometimes. During the pre-season, and after the draft, there tends to be MAJOR hype machines rolling, and it's hard to get clear information without people's own personal spin. The information in the shark pool right now is the best there is usually. It's all REAL information.

I'm sure Red could move the teams over to a redraft league sometime before the season. He just charges $5.95 per team for the redrafts.Some of the teams could have problems with the survivor format because of bye week problems.I'm in. C'mon Denver! Draft Kevin Jones!

I'm up to the challenge with this team:QB TM B FP Peyton Manning IND 6 18 Tim Rattay SFO 7 7 RB Clinton Portis WAS 7 19 William Green CLE 8 8 Troy Hambrick DAL 4 7 Marcel Shipp ARI 6 6 Quentin Griffin DEN 10 4 WR Chris Chambers MIA 10 9 David Givens NEP 3 8 Reggie Wayne IND 6 8 Javon Walker GBP 9 7 Mike Williams 0 0 TE Jim Kleinsasser MIN 4 4 K Matt Bryant NYG 6 4 DT Rams STL 8 5 Dolphins MIA 10 4 PS Are we going to be able to trade and use WW ?PPS. Please Denver DON'T draft a RB...

All of the sudden The Jones Gang Looks like a contender:QB Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers Rex Grossman, Chicago BearsRB Edgerrin James, Indianapolis Colts Kevin Jones, Detroit Lions Julius Jones, Dallas Cowboys Greg Jones, Jacksonville Jaguars Cedric Cobbs, New England PatriotsWR Torry Holt, St. Louis Rams Jimmy Smith, Jacksonville Jaguars Ike Hilliard, New York Giants Muhsin Muhammad, Carolina Panthers Donald Driver, Green Bay Packers Antonio Bryant, Dallas CowboysTE Todd Heap, Baltimore RavensK Morten Andersen, Kansas City ChiefsDT Kansas City ChiefsWhat do you say boys, are we still on?

JAA

Jeff Garcia

Jon Kitna

A.J. Feeley

Stephen Davis

Onterrio Smith

DeShaun Foster

Quncy Wilson

Marvin Harrison

Anquan Boldin

Steve Smith

Freddie Jones

Ravens BAL

While I would not advocate going RB, WR, WR, WR; this was an excellent value based draft through these rounds. Davis was a great pick-up from the 12 spot, and Harrison as the 17th pick in the draft makes sense. Getting Boldin as the 7th WR taken and Smith as the 12th are awesome value (I'd have taken Moulds instead, but flip a coin for who will produce more). While others were making stabs at RB1's, JAA created an A+ receiving corps. Picking Foster in the 5th, was a desperation move, and not one that I would make. This leaves the team w/ only one solid RB starter unless Onterrio or Wilson do something very unexpected (i.e., consistently produce!). Looking at the WR's available in the 6th, makes me realize that reaching for a RB2 and/or RB3 early makes much more sense. While you picked Foster and Smith (big reaches!), others were putting solid starters on their teams (Look at the players around in the 6th!! = Wow). I don't even want to discuss Kitna in the 7th!! With Garthia and Feeley you have plenty of depth at QB now, but a lot of question marks. In order to compete, you are going to have to find a second RB to produce, though I have no clue who it could be. Maybe Mrs. JAA can help you find one!
Garunteed I would have finished last place in this.

Users who are viewing this thread