What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All I got to say is (1 Viewer)

Mustang Man

Footballguy
I have seen some around here say this could be just like the Brady situation when he came in for Bledsoe. Not going to happen and like I said last year and when Brady went down this defense will get eaten up over the season. Sure they will put some good games together just on game planning by the coach but this team relied on the best offense ever last season. This is not a dominant defense. 8-8 to the ceiling of 10-6 the Pats will have a tough time making the playoffs.

What do the Pats fan think. Am I over reacting to this game vs Miami or is this a sign of things to come?

I'm not a Pats fan, but there is no way they don't bring in a veteran QB now. One who can throw the ball farther than 15 yards, or has the confidence to throw into coverage and let Moss go up and get it.

Seems they dont trust him enough to spread the field and stretch it a bit...also isnt helping that it looks like Moss has written off the season now that Brady is gone. His yards/attempt was ridiculously low today....at one point he was something like 15-20 for 100 yards. It was all 3 and 5 yard crossing patterns and dump offs....They almost never looked deep and when they did...usually resulted in a coverage sack....They are in a for a long year unless they can move things away from the line of scrimmage....As a Brady now Cassell owner in a 2 qb league...i'm already trying to trade for another qb to replace him...dont like what i'm seeing at all.

Cassel has only started 2 games in his career now. Before that he hadn't started since high school. There are going to be some stinkers. Overall, I think he will be fine though and so will the Pats. NE doesn't need to go 16-0 to make the playoffs. They can easily go 10-6 and get in. I find it highly unlikely they do any worse than that and by seasons end Cassel should have grown by leaps and bounds as a QB... if they decide to stick with him. Exactly what vet is it you would like for them to bring in?

Cassel has only started 2 games in his career now. Before that he hadn't started since high school. There are going to be some stinkers. Overall, I think he will be fine though and so will the Pats. NE doesn't need to go 16-0 to make the playoffs. They can easily go 10-6 and get in. I find it highly unlikely they do any worse than that and by seasons end Cassel should have grown by leaps and bounds as a QB... if they decide to stick with him. Exactly what vet is it you would like for them to bring in?
Bledsoe? :unsure:

Brady's second NFL start:

vs: Miami

stats: 12 for 24 for 86 yards

score: 30 - 10 (loss)

Cassel's second NFL start:

vs: Miami

stats: 19 for 31 for 131 yards

score: 38 - 13 (loss)

I'm just sayin'... :unsure:

I am by no means comparing Cassel to Brady, but Brady had some really bad games his first year starting when he took over for Bledsoe as well. With that being said, and with me being a Pats fan, I really hope they bring in a veteran just in case the stink fest continues over consecutive weeks. I don't think they will though, but if they did, Garcia tops my list. Hopefully this was just a bump in the road.

The team I saw today doesn't have the ability to go 8-5 over the remaining 13. 7-6 m-a-y-b-e if Cassel continues to grow throughout the year. San Diego, Denver, Pitt, Indy, and at best 1-1 against Buffalo are all losses from my vantage point.

I think this is somewhat like MIN situation....They didnt open up the passing game bc of TJ and they had AD, and they end up benching him basically because of tight play calling and nothing happening

I didnt see the NE game, but I have a feeling theyre keeping the plays a little too close to the vest. And agreed on Moss, he knows they have no shot now so he gives no effort

Users who are viewing this thread