What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-time cereal draft (1 Viewer)

1.1 ffweasel Frosted Flakes 1.2 3MTA3 Total1.3 Wheelhouse Donutz Cereal 1.4 Iwannabeacowboybaby! on the clock1.5 rikishiboy on deck1.6 shuke in the hole

Yeah, that's bad. I just rushed back from running around, I'm sweating, and I was pressured to call a cereal and low and behold Total came to my head, probably because it's the last cereal commercial I saw. This may be the worst 1st round pick in any event. Boot me now.

Wow, I can't believe the choices I'm going to have slip to me.
:P He he-heh, yeah. there are some good ones on the board for sure, but I'm going for the nostalgia grabber with my roster picks. I'm more here for the side commentary. :D

Frosted Flakes was a solid, safe pick.Total was a reach this early.LOL @ the "King Vitimin" proxy selection :rotflmao: :popcorn:

Sorry Folks, had to run an errand1.2 - Total
Another dubious pick, but do you mean Total Corn Flakes or Total Brown Sugar and Oats?
Corn FlakesAt least this pick is a hit with the health-wise, which amounts to exactly 4 people that frequent this board.

Is this a reverse draft where you are supposed to pick the worst cereals first? If so, great job so far.

Going with an old favorite here...1.3 Donutz Cereal
Donutz (1980) were, well... singing doughnut-shapped characters without limbs. Created by Alan Snedeker, they were the first singing group from General Mills cereals. Very successful introduction, but the chocolate version was a failure due to bad manufacturing. The lead singer was Axelrod, who wore sunglasses. Powdered Donutz (shown) was a "crispy, sweetened, 3-grain (corn, oat, and wheat) cereal". :no:

Another dubious pick, but do you mean Total Corn Flakes or Total Brown Sugar and Oats?
Corn FlakesAt least this pick is a hit with the health-wise, which amounts to exactly 4 people that frequent this board.
Energy 373 kcal Protein 6 gTotal Carbohydrates 85.6 gTotal Sugars 11 g Total Fat 1.6 gSaturated Fat 0.4 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.4 gMonounsaturated Fat 0.2 g Dietary Fiber 2.5 gCholesterol 0 mgSodium 698 mg Vitamin C 200 mgVitamin B6 6.7 mgVitamin B12 20 mcg

Iwannabeacowboybaby has been lurking but hasn't picked. I have to run to the post office. BRB.

Going with an old favorite here...1.3 Donutz Cereal
Donutz (1980) were, well... singing doughnut-shapped characters without limbs. Created by Alan Snedeker, they were the first singing group from General Mills cereals. Very successful introduction, but the chocolate version was a failure due to bad manufacturing. The lead singer was Axelrod, who wore sunglasses. Powdered Donutz (shown) was a "crispy, sweetened, 3-grain (corn, oat, and wheat) cereal". :no:
Do you really need this information to know that was a crappy cereal? Not only did they try to make donuts into a cereal, they resorted to using a 'z' to make donut plural. That is all you need to know.

Whoa whoa whoa.I thought you were referring to "whole grain" total, which is in the blue box that is in all the commercials, and not the corn flakes, which would take all corn flakes off the board.Which is it?

Whoa whoa whoa.I thought you were referring to "whole grain" total, which is in the blue box that is in all the commercials, and not the corn flakes, which would take all corn flakes off the board.Which is it?
It has to be the blue box. The original Total.

No no no ...the whole grain ones...where the bowls pile up in the commercial.Good lookin out

It has to be the blue box. The original Total.
I agree.Corn flakes are still on the board, as is Brown Sugar and Oat Total. Total also makes a raisin bran, and raisin bran is still on the board.

1.4 Fruit Loops

Can't believe it slipped to me here. It's like a pepperoni pizza, everyone loves Fruit Loops, got to have at least 1 box in the house at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.4 Froot LoopsCan't believe it slipped to me here. It's like a pepperoni pizza, everyone loves Froot Loops, got to have at least 1 box in the house at all times.
Wow

Where can I buy cereal for lunch in downtown Chicago? I am in the mood for cereal now. But not Total, donutz, or Frosted Flakes. Maybe Froot Loops.

Where can I buy cereal for lunch in downtown Chicago? I am in the mood for cereal now. But not Total, donutz, or Frosted Flakes. Maybe Froot Loops.
We have muffins here at my computing center on Clark... :unsure:

1.5--sugar frosted mini wheats--this has always been afav of mine, both as a kid and as an adult.
WOW, this has not gone as I expected.My top 5 are all still on the board.

1.5--sugar frosted mini wheats--this has always been afav of mine, both as a kid and as an adult.
i think its because we are picking what we like over what is most popular...as I understand it that is what we are supposed to do.

i think its because we are picking what we like over what is most popular...as I understand it that is what we are supposed to do.
Well the top 5 I like are still on the board

Thanks for the cheatsheet HtH, God knows I need it.
Okay.... You were a little nervous with your first pick..understandable....I would go with one of the following with your second pick:Waffle Crisp (will probably be gone at your pick)Apple JacksSmacksHoney Nut CheeriosHoney CombSleeper:Golden Grahams

Okay.... You were a little nervous with your first pick..understandable....I would go with one of the following with your second pick:###### ##### (will probably be gone at your pick)##### ################ ### ############# ####Sleeper:###### #######
Please refrain from mentioning unselected cereals.TIA

Okay.... You were a little nervous with your first pick..understandable....I would go with one of the following with your second pick:######### (will probably be gone at your pick)########################Sleeper:########
No name dropping please.

Only rule I can think of is you can not draft generics or "same" cereals.
This is what we're supposed to do, so do your thing.If Fruit Loops isn't in your top 5 for most popular, you need to ask some kids what their favorites are, which of course are the people that eat the most cereal.

This is terrible, I was thinking about having some cereal and checking out the FBG's. I foolishly choose to have the Cereal first and missed the signup. Now I can only watch in horror as some "draft genius" takes Donutz cereal in first round. If you need a expansion coach, I have a bowl,spoon and a team name "The Box Tops" ready to step in.

You just mentioned them again by quoting him.Oh ####, now I'm doing it too.

Good cereal but waaay too early.I have a new theory...The more a cereal tears up the roof of my mouth, the more I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread