What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alone ( A real survival type show) (1 Viewer)

Just finished. That guy kicked ###. Crazy they were out in the middle of BFE and you could still see clear cuts in the background hills. 

I think they made him sit out there an extra day after the other guy tapped out :lol:  that's just mean.
Thought it was strange at first. But made sense since they had to fly his daughter in to give him the Great news.. :thumbup:

And agree with post above that the winner, short of a injury, was going to be there for quite sometime. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Season 3 premier Dec 8th,can't wait really enjoy this show.Moving from Vancouver Island to Patagonia S.A. Probably not as many predators maybe mountain lions but conditions may be worse.
Do not remember where I read it but the article I read made it sound like it would be more difficult and dangerous, can't wait to see!

Someone told me I'm distant relationship thru marriage to Zach Fowler who is on this show.  Never met the guy and wasn't even aware of his existence until a week ago.  

If he wins I'm gonna hit him up for at least 3 racks.

No military types or southern boys this time.First season a guy from my neck of the woods didn't even make it a day.Bears scared him off.Thing is he was from Umatilla rite outside the Ocala national forest bears out the butt in that area.

Someone told me I'm distant relationship thru marriage to Zach Fowler who is on this show.  Never met the guy and wasn't even aware of his existence until a week ago.  

If he wins I'm gonna hit him up for at least 3 racks.
His wife...  wood.

I don't know how you can go on that show with a family and especially young children at home.   The psychological toll that would take would be too much for me.   It would be interesting to try out having no contact with humans for an extended period of time.  The weather conditions in season 1 are my ideal.  I'd never be able to do something like that in a warm climate.  They need to watch that that **** proenneke doc before doing this.  They should have no problem building a real nice shelter with all that wood.   

Starts tomorrow.Always have a soft spot for the females that can do this because I know I couldn't. So pulling for Carleigh but after watching the cast intros thinking that Zach has best shot no wives or kids to mess with his mind while he is out there.

Starts tomorrow.Always have a soft spot for the females that can do this because I know I couldn't. So pulling for Carleigh but after watching the cast intros thinking that Zach has best shot no wives or kids to mess with his mind while he is out there.
Unless there are two Zachs I'm pretty sure the Zach I "know" has a wife and two kids.  

Unless there are two Zachs I'm pretty sure the Zach I "know" has a wife and two kids.  

Yep two Zachs,Showed Fowler tonight he has kids. Zach Gualt 22 doesn't all he has is girlfriend.Stated on his intro that he had already done 32 days alone in the woods before.Gotta love the hippie chick one of the first things she does is get nekkid and go swimming.

Looks like this should be yet again a fun season...

Yet another "All talk" Positive Mental attitude person... I get it that he has things coming up in his life and being ALONE is difficult..
But when your teachings include having PMA and you only can last 3 days before tapping out because of the mental aspect.. Um, time to find a new teaching method..

Oh wait "Those that can, do; those that can't, teach" :pokey:

Well guess I couldn't have been more wrong about who I thought would make it for awhile. Just like fantasy football I couldn't pick a winner if my life depended on it.

Once it thins out to 4 or 5 contestants it will probably be better but I feel like the hour show is not long enough. I am wanting to see more of their skills and strategies. 

Outside of a roof collapse (funny) and a guy catching fish left and right I would say they are setting up two strategies: full scale living versus as little as possible when it comes to living. 

They focused on the chick who is building her "tiki hut" including her hearth and the dude who is actually building a trail (handrails included) versus the guy that claims to be the laziest survivalist. He is not interested in "wasting" his energy with extra projects.

Will be interesting to see who does better.

Love the idea of using a ice cold stream as a refrigerator :thumbup:

The woman from last season who was catching so many fish she ended up letting a couple go would have been set had she figured something like that.

The woman from last season who was catching so many fish she ended up letting a couple go would have been set had she figured something like that.
Not sure that's going to work? Not sure what to do but they were talking about the temps being in the 50's plus I wondered about animals getting into his stash. I wondered about him smoking them but that does attract more wild animals? 

Beef Ravioli said:
snogger said:

Not sure that's going to work? Not sure what to do but they were talking about the temps being in the 50's plus I wondered about animals getting into his stash. I wondered about him smoking them but that does attract more wild animals? 
It looked like a stream of water coming down from the mountains, which would be pretty cold. Cold enough to keep them fresh :shrug:

But he did mention that from here on out he was going to keep whatever he caught alive and put them in there and use it as a "live well".
He built a pretty good cover of intertwined sticks and then placed a large rock on top to hold it down.
A large animal could probably figure out a way to flip it, but it is better then wasting the catch, or like last season, letting it go.

Is the duck trap going to work? Pretty interesting concept! 

I guess if I am starving I would eat a fox but from my LazyBoy that's to much like my dog.

Another one down. The way he was catching fish at the beginning, I thought he was on to something with the chumming. Hadn't caught anything in like 23 days....rough.

Starting to look like a woman could have a chance this season.I'd like to see that. looks like Patagonia could be the great equalizer.

Starting to look like a woman could have a chance this season.I'd like to see that. looks like Patagonia could be the great equalizer.
The guy making the duck trap seems to be pretty ingenuitive. I have my $ on him at the moment. My opinion could change by next week though.

The guy making the duck trap seems to be pretty ingenuitive. I have my $ on him at the moment. My opinion could change by next week though.
He was my pick from watching the preview show, but I've taken that back.  To me he just seems to overthink everything.  Needs to simplify IMO.

I've been super-impressed by the homesteading lady from Lopez Island, WA (why can I remember every detail but people's names?).  Did not expect much from her at all.  I'm rooting for her now that the black guy is out.  Loved him, and was surprised at how well he did at the beginning and got hopeful for his chances.

Knew that 22-year-old would be one of the first out. :lmao:   Unfortunately he was also my eye candy. :kicksrock: I thought the forest service lady would be one of the first out, and she's doing surprisingly well.

Think the guy from Utah with the wacky curly hair (with bald spot) is also a real contender.  I'm putting my money on him or homesteading lady.

I liked the guy building the raft to cross the lake to the river and then catching a nice trout.  Sets him up well long-term if he can manage not to fall into the water.  Once again, I think the season will boil down to who can best sustain a food source, which looks to be fish most likely.

And like @Beef Ravioli mentioned, it is obvious they are contrasting the over-worker with the do-nothing guy.  I had high hopes for Fowler going into the season, but he is working himself to death with no food to sustain him.  Climbing the equivalent of an 8-story building every day to your permanent shelter?  Come On Man!

I enjoy watching the busy bodies and the craftsmen, etc but am thinking they are more apt to burn out unless someone is fortunate enough to get a boar. How cool would that be by the way?!

Question: The Canadian that floated across the lake to the stream. Is he able to "move" over there or is he required to stay where he was dropped off?

Really enjoying this season.  That hippie chick keeps getting naked, which isn't so bad.  I'm pulling for Fowler and the Sheetrocker Canuck.  

Oh, and it sucks that they can't eat mice/rodents.

Question: The Canadian that floated across the lake to the stream. Is he able to "move" over there or is he required to stay where he was dropped off?
I assume so, didn't a guy hike to a new place last season?  

Really enjoying this season.  That hippie chick keeps getting naked, which isn't so bad.  I'm pulling for Fowler and the Sheetrocker Canuck.  

Oh, and it sucks that they can't eat mice/rodents.

I assume so, didn't a guy hike to a new place last season?  
Don't know if anyone moved or not?

Did I miss something? They can't eat rodents? A rule or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread