What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alternatives to Pirateship? (1 Viewer)

Helaire-ious

Footballguy
Shipped a lot through them. Had to file a couple claims along the way, but no problems...until now.

Insured a package for $400 and they refuse to pay out.

Looking for a new site to use. What are my options?

Shipped a lot through them. Had to file a couple claims along the way, but no problems...until now.

I know a bunch of scams and never heard of this one.

That’s a bummer. I’ve used PirateShip a bit and really appreciated how cheaply you can ship using their site/account.

I would post and tag them on social. News like this could hurt.

Could you elaborate on the reasons they’re denying you?

That’s a bummer. I’ve used PirateShip a bit and really appreciated how cheaply you can ship using their site/account.

I would post and tag them on social. News like this could hurt.

Could you elaborate on the reasons they’re denying you?
They won't pay because that was not the sale price

Pirateship is not a well-known thing. Give a little background on what Pirateship is and what you were trying to do, and maybe someone will know enough to help.

Is Pirateship like a legit FedEx, UPS, DHL-type service of itself -- like there are Pirateship planes and trucks out there moving deliveries? Or is it more of a go-between service matching customers to carriers -- maybe selling about-to-go-unused space on the established carriers' vehicles?

EDIT: Looks like Pirate Ship (two words) is a go-between outfit. Spoiled Reddit link because of slightly blue language in the URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/IsItBullshit/comments/10iqoax/isitbullshit_pirate_ship_for_shipping_stuff/

Pirateship is not a well-known thing. Give a little background on what Pirateship is and what you were trying to do, and maybe someone will know enough to help.

Is Pirateship like a legit FedEx, UPS, DHL-type service of itself -- like there are Pirateship planes and trucks out there moving deliveries? Or is it more of a go-between service matching customers to carriers -- maybe selling about-to-go-unused space on the established carriers' vehicles?

EDIT: Looks like Pirate Ship (two words) is a go-between outfit. Spoiled Reddit link because of slightly blue language in the URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/IsItBullshit/comments/10iqoax/isitbullshit_pirate_ship_for_shipping_stuff/

I don't know anything about third-party shipping, but this Reddit thread seems worth perusing.

Summary: Shipping insurance can have non-intuitive exclusions, even with the major players like USPS and UPS. Your problem might not have been a specific Pirate Ship problem (IOW, you might have had the same problem going with another third-party company or with the major carriers directly).

Here are several types of vessels that pirates historically used or could use as alternatives:

1. Sloop:
    • A small, fast, and maneuverable ship, often with a single mast.
    • Ideal for quick raids and escape due to its speed and agility.
  2. Brigantine:
    • A two-masted vessel, square-rigged on the foremast and fore-and-aft rigged on the mainmast.
    • Versatile and fast, making it suitable for both trading and piracy.
  3. Schooner:
    • A fore-and-aft rigged vessel with two or more masts.
    • Known for its speed and agility, often used for smuggling or quick coastal raids.
  4. Frigate:
    • A warship, generally larger and more heavily armed than smaller vessels like sloops or schooners.
    • Used for long-range missions and capable of engaging larger targets.
  5. Barque:
    • A sailing vessel with three or more masts, with the foremast being square-rigged and the others rigged fore-and-aft.
    • Versatile and capable of long voyages, often used for cargo but adaptable for piracy.
  6. Galley:
    • A vessel propelled mainly by rowing, used historically in the Mediterranean.
    • Known for its speed and maneuverability in calm waters, with a shallow draft suitable for coastal raids.
  7. Cutter:
    • A small, single-masted vessel, often fast and used by navies and customs services.
    • Suitable for quick chases and effective in coastal waters.
  8. Man-of-War:
    • A powerful warship with multiple decks and heavy armament.
    • Used by navies but occasionally captured and repurposed by pirates for its firepower.
Each of these vessels has its unique characteristics, advantages, and historical contexts. Pirates chose their ships based on factors like speed, maneuverability, firepower, and the type of waters they operated in.

The first mate, he got drunk
And broke in the captain's trunk
The constable had to come and take him away
Sheriff John Stone
Why don't you leave me alone? Yeah, yeah
Well, I feel so broke up
I wanna go home…

Users who are viewing this thread