What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Fire Stick $19 for Prime (Alt. to Chromecast/Roku) (2 Viewers)

Yep.  have Fire TV boxes for all my TVs. :wub:   

Although, I'm not happy all the next-gen Fire products are Alexa included without an option.   
I never use the Alexa feature. I DO use the Kodi remote app on my phone though, makes typing and searching a breeze with my phone keyboard...light years better than the hunt and peck with the stock remote.

ETA: I don't think Aexa works inside of Kodi anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Wingnut said:
If I were you guys I'd get a Fire TV box to replace the stick. It's so much better and faster it's silly. Once I got one (used but like new on eBay for $70) all my stick issues disappeared. Just make sure you get the Gen 2 with the longer remote w/alexa built in or wait for the new box/cube to drop around xmas.

I only use my stick for traveling now.
Yep. Had the fire stick after ditching DirecTV and had the same issues. Even when it worked "fine" it was way too slow. Fire TV is the way to go. 

What is difference between Fire TV and stick?  I know I could google it but don't feel like it.

What is difference between Fire TV and stick?  I know I could google it but don't feel like it.
The fire stick is like a big thumb drive...well, the new gen 3 is now a square dongle that hangs from the Tv's HDMI port and it's just called Fire TV now (no more sticks).

The Fire TV box (the upcoming gen 3 may be called the Fire TV Cube) is a small box that has more memory, an SD card slot, and is way faster than the stick.

The new price points are $70 for the dongle, and the new box/cube will be around $100 when it's released.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fire stick is like a big thumb drive...well, the new gen 3 is now a square dongle that hangs from the Tv's HDMI port and it's just called Fire TV now (no more sticks).

The Fire TV box (the upcoming gen 3 may be called the Fire TV Cube) is a small box that has more memory, an SD card slot, and is way faster than the stick.

The new price points are $70 for the dongle, and the new box/cube will be around $100 when it's released.
when does the next box/cube come out?  looks like the 'old' ones aren't available anymore?

So does anyone have one of the new Fire TVs that came out a couple weeks ago? Early impressions?

I need to grab another Fire Stick and was likely going to grab the TV version instead if reviews are good. 

Also thinking these are both a lock to be discounted on Cyber Monday if I can hold out that long. 

So does anyone have one of the new Fire TVs that came out a couple weeks ago? Early impressions?

I need to grab aInother Fire Stick and was likely going to grab the TV version instead if reviews are good. 

Also thinking these are both a lock to be discounted on Cyber Monday if I can hold out that long. 
Yea, I set one up for my GF's mom who was just in town visiting her.  It's fine.  No ethernet jack so make sure you have a strong wifi signal wherever you put it. 

RUSF18 said:

I need to grab another Fire Stick and was likely going to grab the TV version instead if reviews are good. 

It seems to take a bit longer to load initially, but its faster opening different apps.  I'm not entirely sure I'm seeing a dramatic difference between the fire stick or fire tv.

Good feedback, thanks. I'll probably just pick up another standard Stick. I saw in the Black Friday Target ad that someone posted that it'll be on sale for $25. Figure it will be similarly priced on Cyber Monday. 

Users who are viewing this thread