What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ANARCHY LEAGUE 1 (2 Viewers)

Carlton has sniped me almost every chance he's had.

I like my RB/WR/TE group, but not feeling too good about the Packers/Titans QB tandem.

QB1 Philadelphia

QB2 St Louis

RB1 Shuan Alexander

RB2 Julius Jones

RB3 Jamal Lewis

RB4 Marion Barber III

WR1 Michael Clayton

WR2 Keyshawn Johnson

WR3

WR4

WR5

TE1

TE2

FLEX T.J. Duckett

PK1

PK2

DT1

DT2

Think I should have gone WR sooner rather than back to back QBs, but I was travelling and Yudkin had to pick for me. We'll see if I can overcome that weak spot.

QB1 Det

QB2 ?

RB1 Westy

RB2 T.Bell

RB3 L.White

RB4 Staley

WR1 R.Moss

WR2 A.Bryant

WR3 Jenkins

WR4 ?

WR5 ?

TE1 Cooley

TE2 Winslow

FLEX ?

PK1 ?

PK2 ?

DT1 ?

DT2 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...this is fun, timeout after timeout.
Average Time Waiting For Pick To Be Made Franchise Avg. Wait Time # PicksBassNBrew 25 minutes 8Unlucky 1 hour, 20 minutes 9PurpleHaze67 26 minutes 9Bueno 16 minutes 9Aaron Rudnicki 1 hour, 6 minutes 9Carlton Gray 28 minutes 9LHUCKS 1 hour, 25 minutes 9Dickey Moe 3 hours, 47 minutes 9David Yudkin 2 hours, 2 minutes 9SLBD 1 hour, 17 minutes 9Twilight 1 hour, 2 minutes 9jurb26 6 minutes 9Hear-The-Footsteps 1 hour, 14 minutes 9Gatorman 1 hour, 57 minutes 9bostonfred 4 hours, 2 minutes 8Jason Wood 49 minutes 8

I am baffled about Fred. He's been actively posting on the message board and even checking into the league site but NOT making any picks. I made his pick again this morning and I guess he's no longer interested. I'll pick for his team from here on out unless anyone has any better ideas . . .

PurpleHaze got a steal I think with Suggs after todays news. :thumbup:
Robbery. I was hoping Duckett was on his way to New york. What pisses me off is I knew when it was time to pick, but couldn't do anything about it - I have 5 RBs.

It would be nice if Bass would stop drafting all of my sleeper WRs...what a hack.
Heck...you took them all during Triathlon Leg 1. We've been battling over these guys since the start of the year. All though I do have to admit that Wilson is direct theft of your material, especially on a playoff caliber team.

The big question is does Yudkin take his first RB? :popcorn:
Nope. But obviously I will have to start taking some soon. Should anyone care to hear the logic behind it . . .I didn't really intend to NOT take RBs, but taking Gates out of the gate and the subsequent RB binge left value initially at WR. I had some RB queued up but several would get taken right before my picks.At some point, I did decide to punt RB, as there was no point in taking a part time RB over a full time player at another position that A) scored a lot better than RB, B) scored a lot better than the WRs that will be available late, and C) were a lot less risky than a RB with playing time or health issues.So while other teams will be fishing for WR (a minimum of 24 still need to be taken) and TE (a minimum of 9 more need to be taken) later on, I will be fishing for RB to get part time production. By my math, boosting production at other spots should offset having little to almost no RB production. So I elected to get more points in my bank before I went fishing than some other teams will. As I see it, anything from the scrub RBs that I pick will be gravy. But as they say . . . that's why they play the games.

Interesting to see if David's anti-LHUCKS drafting method works this year (remember LHUCKS not taking a WR until round 5 or 6 last year).

In this format you takes what you can get :yes:

Interesting to see if David's anti-LHUCKS drafting method works this year (remember LHUCKS not taking a WR until round 5 or 6 last year).In this format you takes what you can get :yes:
Agree, if there's one thing I've done both years, that's it. Contrarian, if I can.What's your team name in League 4?

The big question is does Yudkin take his first RB? :popcorn:
Nope. But obviously I will have to start taking some soon. Should anyone care to hear the logic behind it . . .I didn't really intend to NOT take RBs, but taking Gates out of the gate and the subsequent RB binge left value initially at WR. I had some RB queued up but several would get taken right before my picks.At some point, I did decide to punt RB, as there was no point in taking a part time RB over a full time player at another position that A) scored a lot better than RB, B) scored a lot better than the WRs that will be available late, and C) were a lot less risky than a RB with playing time or health issues.So while other teams will be fishing for WR (a minimum of 24 still need to be taken) and TE (a minimum of 9 more need to be taken) later on, I will be fishing for RB to get part time production. By my math, boosting production at other spots should offset having little to almost no RB production. So I elected to get more points in my bank before I went fishing than some other teams will. As I see it, anything from the scrub RBs that I pick will be gravy. But as they say . . . that's why they play the games.
I have a tear in my eye. I like most of your picks and when.As a mod are you compelled to learn'em?

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2006/...&tid=667516

Look at my post times and my timeouts. I've missed David by a couple minutes each time. I timed out Tuesday night, posted immediately, and predrafted the next pick. I predrafted the Giants TMQB and a couple other TMat 6.2, but apparently I timed out on that. I don't understand how that happened - I was predrafted for both rounds, and I think for the seventh, too. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I didn't click add all from previous round, or somehow overwrote the picks, or whatever.

I timed out Friday night after work after the above described bat debacle, and immediately posted about it once I got away from the gf, but again, just minutes after David picked.

Then Monday morning, I check the site quickly before work, it's not my pick and I'm not on deck, go to make my pick once I get a break, and David has picked for me before I timed out.

From my perspective, while I wasn't online all the time, I really was checking the site and just missing the clock each time. Look at the timestamps and the message board. And while David correctly points out that I've been posting on FBG, it hasn't been much, and I'm fairly certain I haven't timed out while online.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Maybe I'm just busier than I used to be. I have a new long commute at work when I'm not travelling, which I'm doing more of. My company is subcontracting out to smaller training sites that don't have internet access, or have some kind of strange wifi access that I can never seem to get set up on right the first time. I've been attacked by wild bats.

I never intended to become a slow drafter, but I guess that's where my life is now. I'm probably not doing any more online drafts for a while unless they're live, or maybe if I change jobs. Sorry about the inconvenience; you guys are welcome to boot me, ADP draft for me, or just let me keep predrafting and hopefully not ####### up too much. Whatever floats. The last thing I want to do is cause trouble.

Interesting to see if David's anti-LHUCKS drafting method works this year (remember LHUCKS not taking a WR until round 5 or 6 last year).In this format you takes what you can get :yes:
Interestingly enough, I had 4 WRs before everybody this year. :coffee:I believe Yudkin(and everybody else for that matter) should have did what I did which was take a RB in round 1 and then take WRs in the following rounds, but we'll see. He's going to get rocked with his RB scoring.In general I believe almost everybody(except me) reached on QBs, risky RBs and TEs. There are certain players from those positions that are worth reaching on due to elevated playoff scoring, but for the most part WRs should have gone quicker IMHO.

what was the "bat debacle"?
From the link above
I was sitting at the computer last night ready to do my draft picks and predrafts for the weekend when my girlfriend came downstairs crying. Apparently she was upstairs, and out of nowhere, something buzzed down by her head. She looks around, can't see anything, and then a minute later, she sees movement on the chimney. It's a bat, and it swoops down towards her again. So I go upstairs with a sheet, hoping to catch it somehow. Unfortunately, I have no windows I can open (it's a loft, and of the two windows we have upstairs, one doesn't open more than four inches, and the other has the air conditioner because the first one wouldn't open far enough to fit it. So I can't just open it up and let it fly out. The thing ends up dive bombing at me a couple times, and I make a half assed attempt to catch it in the sheet, but nothing doing. Eventually, we call over her brother, who's the closest guy I know that doesn't have kids. He comes over, and puts on leather gloves like he's going to catch the thing bare handed. Then we get upstairs, he sees it start flying around, and he's hiding behind me. Great. I finally got it to fly downstairs and out the sliding door in the kitchen, then had to take her brother out for a beer for coming over.

From the link above
I was sitting at the computer last night ready to do my draft picks and predrafts for the weekend when my girlfriend came downstairs crying. Apparently she was upstairs, and out of nowhere, something buzzed down by her head. She looks around, can't see anything, and then a minute later, she sees movement on the chimney. It's a bat, and it swoops down towards her again. So I go upstairs with a sheet, hoping to catch it somehow. Unfortunately, I have no windows I can open (it's a loft, and of the two windows we have upstairs, one doesn't open more than four inches, and the other has the air conditioner because the first one wouldn't open far enough to fit it. So I can't just open it up and let it fly out. The thing ends up dive bombing at me a couple times, and I make a half assed attempt to catch it in the sheet, but nothing doing. Eventually, we call over her brother, who's the closest guy I know that doesn't have kids. He comes over, and puts on leather gloves like he's going to catch the thing bare handed. Then we get upstairs, he sees it start flying around, and he's hiding behind me. Great. I finally got it to fly downstairs and out the sliding door in the kitchen, then had to take her brother out for a beer for coming over.
This is definitely the best reason I've ever heard for missing draft picks. :thumbup:

:lmao:

next time that happens, get a broom and take some swings at it. if you connect, they'll usually get stunned for a little bit. then you can scoop em up and throw em out.

reminds me of the scene in "The Great Outdoors":

"It was bigger than I thought. About a 2-pounder"

From the link above
Yeah...and the Bills are going to win the Super Bowl. If you'd spend more time with the the pre-draft function and less with the pipe, you wouldn't have to concote these fairy tales.

:lmao:next time that happens, get a broom and take some swings at it. if you connect, they'll usually get stunned for a little bit. then you can scoop em up and throw em out.reminds me of the scene in "The Great Outdoors":"It was bigger than I thought. About a 2-pounder"
Well, I had a crappy little broom, and I thought about trying to hit it, but it was high enough on the chimney that I would have had to swing way over my head, and the broom I had was mostly bristles and handle and not much base. So I figure if I miss, I've now got an enraged rabid animal with razor sharp teeth flying around the house, and if I only make slight contact, I run the risk of the thing spilling rabid bat blood all over the living room as it flies around trying to infect me with its dying breath. So we went with the much more sensible alternative of throwing #### at it then running like scared little girls and peeking out from behind the bedroom door to see if it was still flying around. The worst part was, when we finally got it to go downstairs where the wide open kitchen slider is, we couldn't tell if it had gone out or not - it just went into the kitchen, and didn't come back out. We walked downstairs to check on it, and sure enough it came flying out straight at us like the man eating beast it is. The second time it went into the kitchen, we waited a little longer, and when it didn't come flying back out, we just walked around poking at all the hiding places we could think of and told my girlfriend it was ok to come back upstairs, under the logic that if anyone was going to see this thing immediately, it would be her.

:lmao:next time that happens, get a broom and take some swings at it. if you connect, they'll usually get stunned for a little bit. then you can scoop em up and throw em out.reminds me of the scene in "The Great Outdoors":"It was bigger than I thought. About a 2-pounder"
Well, I had a crappy little broom, and I thought about trying to hit it, but it was high enough on the chimney that I would have had to swing way over my head, and the broom I had was mostly bristles and handle and not much base. So I figure if I miss, I've now got an enraged rabid animal with razor sharp teeth flying around the house, and if I only make slight contact, I run the risk of the thing spilling rabid bat blood all over the living room as it flies around trying to infect me with its dying breath. So we went with the much more sensible alternative of throwing #### at it then running like scared little girls and peeking out from behind the bedroom door to see if it was still flying around. The worst part was, when we finally got it to go downstairs where the wide open kitchen slider is, we couldn't tell if it had gone out or not - it just went into the kitchen, and didn't come back out. We walked downstairs to check on it, and sure enough it came flying out straight at us like the man eating beast it is. The second time it went into the kitchen, we waited a little longer, and when it didn't come flying back out, we just walked around poking at all the hiding places we could think of and told my girlfriend it was ok to come back upstairs, under the logic that if anyone was going to see this thing immediately, it would be her.
] :lmao: Freaking city boys.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
We couldn't hit one with a 12 gauge w/6 shot shells.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
We couldn't hit one with a 12 gauge w/6 shot shells.
Just give them a little more lead. :ph34r: Anyone else find it ironic that TO's agent would have a vampire in his house?

From the link above
Yeah...and the Bills are going to win the Super Bowl. If you'd spend more time with the the pre-draft function and less with the pipe, you wouldn't have to concote these fairy tales.
:lmao: How bostonsucksfred wiggled off that hook, I'll never know.

I'm out for the next two days -- my picks in Anarchy 1 have been pre-drafted, except for my super-sleeper pick in Round 18, which I will only divulge to Yudkin.

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
BassnBrew, I took Michael Bennett. How do you feel about that, overall?
I hope a bat ####s on your head.If LJ goes down, I'm screwed anyway. I briefly considered Bennett, but there's too much talent left on the board for my team to take a flyer. Besides, my gym buddy Dee Brown wouldn't be happy if he found out Bennett was on my roster.

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
BassnBrew, I took Michael Bennett. How do you feel about that, overall?
I hope a bat ####s on your head.If LJ goes down, I'm screwed anyway. I briefly considered Bennett, but there's too much talent left on the board for my team to take a flyer. Besides, my gym buddy Dee Brown wouldn't be happy if he found out Bennett was on my roster.
Oh, well. I was hoping you'd be more upset.I changed my mind at the last minute figuring you'd be getting him shortly. And let's face it, you either win this thing or, meh. I hate Bennett too, but thought it's worth the shot as my team does not look like world-beaters.

Users who are viewing this thread