What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 1 (1 Viewer)

With luck, I won't have drafted the all-injury team this year.Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB A good pairing if McNabb stays healthy. We'll see what McNair has left. Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB James, Edgerrin ARI RB Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Turner, Michael SDC RB I like these guys. There is talk of running the ball more in Az (we'll see) and you have to cuff Turner, especially where I got him. Westbrook won't make it the whole season and Buckhalter might get the goal line carries. Berrian, Bernard CHI WR Floyd, Malcom SDC WR Marshall, Brandon DEN WR Stokley, Brandon DEN WR Stovall, Maurice TBB WR Looked mainly late and for under-valued WRs and sleepers. We'll see how it goes.Crumpler, Alge ATL TE Schobel, Matt PHI TE Smith, L.J. PHI TE Thhoght I was doing well here until LJ got hurt and had to back him up just in case. Graham, Shayne CIN PK Kaeding, Nate SDC PK They're kickers, they're on playoff calibre teams. Broncos, Denver DEN Def Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB DefHey, if I beat SLBD, I'm happy!
This roster is littered with flawed strategies.
A lot like the Republican plan for Iraq, huh?
No, it looks like bueno has an exit strategy.

With luck, I won't have drafted the all-injury team this year.Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB A good pairing if McNabb stays healthy. We'll see what McNair has left. Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB James, Edgerrin ARI RB Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Turner, Michael SDC RB I like these guys. There is talk of running the ball more in Az (we'll see) and you have to cuff Turner, especially where I got him. Westbrook won't make it the whole season and Buckhalter might get the goal line carries. Berrian, Bernard CHI WR Floyd, Malcom SDC WR Marshall, Brandon DEN WR Stokley, Brandon DEN WR Stovall, Maurice TBB WR Looked mainly late and for under-valued WRs and sleepers. We'll see how it goes.Crumpler, Alge ATL TE Schobel, Matt PHI TE Smith, L.J. PHI TE Thhoght I was doing well here until LJ got hurt and had to back him up just in case. Graham, Shayne CIN PK Kaeding, Nate SDC PK They're kickers, they're on playoff calibre teams. Broncos, Denver DEN Def Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB DefHey, if I beat SLBD, I'm happy!
It took skill to assemble such a craptacular squad as this. Especially from his draft position.I count 7 backup players out of the 14 not garunteed starters (QB and DT are locked). That is not a good thing taking zero's from 50% of the roster.I do not understand the handcuffing as being considered a good thing in total points format. Insurance is not a short term investment strategy. It's one thing if you draft players that will get points in time share that could have expanded roles if the starter gets injured, but thats different than drafting known backups.I see this squad having a good chance to finish last again. I don't think anyone in league 2 has mismanaged thier draft as much. Shame considering he had the 1st overall pick which is a great advantage imho in 16 team leagues.

It took skill to assemble such a craptacular squad as this. Especially from his draft position.I count 7 backup players out of the 14 not garunteed starters (QB and DT are locked). That is not a good thing taking zero's from 50% of the roster.I do not understand the handcuffing as being considered a good thing in total points format. Insurance is not a short term investment strategy. It's one thing if you draft players that will get points in time share that could have expanded roles if the starter gets injured, but thats different than drafting known backups.I see this squad having a good chance to finish last again. I don't think anyone in league 2 has mismanaged thier draft as much. Shame considering he had the 1st overall pick which is a great advantage imho in 16 team leagues.
Bingo. Also not real wise to add a marginal TE when most WRs will outscore TEs. Oh well, at least the LT advantage was neutalized.

QB MIAMI MIA 31.14 P:24-43-2-256 R: 4- 9 TD:P14,R5,R1,P4 QB MINNESOTA MIN 11.44 P: 9-23-0-136 TD:P60 RB BENSON,CEDRIC CHI 8.50 R:18- 67 C: 2- 18 RB BETTS,LADELL WAS 3.10 R: 3- 10 C: 3- 21 RB BROWN,CHRIS TEN 2.60 R: 5- 26 RB JORDAN,LAMONT OAK 8.80 R:18- 42 C: 6- 46 WR COLSTON,MARQUES NO 7.20 C: 1- 2 TD:C2 WR JONES,MATT JAX 4.80 C: 3- 18 WR MUHAMMAD,MUHSIN CHI 12.40 C: 2- 44 TD:C33 WR OWENS,TERRELL DAL 18.60 C: 6- 66 TD:C12 WR STALLWORTH,DONTE' NE 26.60 C: 7-136 TD:C69 WR WILFORD,ERNEST JAX 1.40 C: 1- 4 TE SCAIFE,BO TEN 10.50 C: 3- 45 TE WITTEN,JASON DAL 10.70 C: 3- 47 PK AKERS,DAVID PHI 10.00 FGs:-41,-41,22,31,25 XPs:1/1 PK GOULD,ROBBIE CHI 7.00 FGs:32 XPs:4/4 Def ATLANTA ATL 7.00 S:1-0 FR:1 I:2-45 YA:491 PA:31 Def NEW ORLEANS NO 15.00 S:5-29 FR:1 I:1-6 YA:425 PA:17 TD:FR5
Amazing...everyone on the roster made a contribution.

I wish I could say the same, BnB.

Lee Evans is helping to capsize my ship. And his mates, Javon Walker and Deion Branch are joining in. Not good when you go WR heavy...

Travis Henry should help end things for me shortly.

Even Josh Scobee of all people, is in on it.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised I'm still in the middle of this regatta.

I wish I could say the same, BnB.Lee Evans is helping to capsize my ship. And his mates, Javon Walker and Deion Branch are joining in. Not good when you go WR heavy...Travis Henry should help end things for me shortly.Even Josh Scobee of all people, is in on it.Quite frankly, I'm surprised I'm still in the middle of this regatta.
Well posting 18 scores doesn't equal posting a good total. Definately some clunker picks on my roster. I just found it strangely lucky to have points from everyone. I believe that Twilight looked at this in year one and found that everyone normally posted at least one zero.I expect a middle of the pack finish. I thought Benson, Scaife, and Mushin would offset waiting on a QB...big mistake.

wow. My team is not that bad...
It's like you're the Pats and the rest of us are the the balance of the NFL.
well, my entire team is pretty banged up now so the pack should come rushing up on me soon.
Yep. Fiddles is within 30 of you from league 2.However, if you were talking about the rest of us in League 1, then not a chance. You still have almost a 300 pt lead over BostonFred, who is second. And second place is the only thing up for grabs.

Twilight said:
Gatorman said:
well, my entire team is pretty banged up now so the pack should come rushing up on me soon.
Yep. Fiddles is within 30 of you from league 2.However, if you were talking about the rest of us in League 1, then not a chance. You still have almost a 300 pt lead over BostonFred, who is second. And second place is the only thing up for grabs.
RB BROWN,RONNIE MIA 0.00 RB LYNCH,MARSHAWN BUF 0.00 RB MORRIS,SAMMY NE 0.00 RB PETERSON,ADRIAN MIN 0.00 WR BOSTON,DAVID --- 0.00 I didn't realize his RB crew was this beat up.

Twilight said:
Gatorman said:
RB BROWN,RONNIE MIA 0.00 RB LYNCH,MARSHAWN BUF 0.00 RB MORRIS,SAMMY NE 0.00 RB PETERSON,ADRIAN MIN 0.00 WR BOSTON,DAVID --- 0.00 I didn't realize his RB crew was this beat up.
Hopefully Marshawn and AP will be back soon. Still my WRs and QB (Brady) should continue to carry me a bit.

Once again, I am near the top of the standings, proving just how awesome I am at fantasy football.

Currently in 2nd place in 2007

Finished 5th in 2006

Finished 6th in 2005

TE WITTEN,JASON DAL 49.80 C:15-138 TD:C16

1/3 of my output this week. Pretty bad when 19 of 20 slots are posting scores.

Once again, I am near the top of the standings, proving just how awesome I am at fantasy football.Currently in 2nd place in 2007Finished 5th in 2006Finished 6th in 2005
Is that you back there? You are so far back it is hard to see you...

Gatorman said:
Once again, I am near the top of the standings, proving just how awesome I am at fantasy football.Currently in 2nd place in 2007Finished 5th in 2006Finished 6th in 2005
Yes, I'm the one that gained about a hundred points on you this week and is only 212 back, with plenty of weeks left. Potential playoff players:IND QBTB QBB. JacobsJ. JonesF. TaylorP. CraytonJ. GaffneyA. ToomerM. BryantMIN DYou have these potential playoff players:NE QBSD QBA. Peterson, MING. JenningsD. ClarkP. DawsonA. VinitieriPIT DIt ain't over until the Patriots win the Superbowl.

Yes, I'm the one that gained about a hundred points on you this week and is only 212 back, with plenty of weeks left. Potential playoff players:B. JacobsJ. GaffneyA. ToomerYou have these potential playoff players:NE QBSD QBG. JenningsIt ain't over until the Patriots win the Superbowl.
Looks like it is down to this. Thanks for playing. p///ned

It's possible that Jacobs, Toomer, and Gaffney outscore Brady by 95 points, right? OK, so not really. I'd like to thank Peyton and the Colts for losing to SD, essentially ending any chance I had at winning this league. I'll happily accept my 2nd place trophy in the women's locker room.

It's possible that Jacobs, Toomer, and Gaffney outscore Brady by 95 points, right? OK, so not really. I'd like to thank Peyton and the Colts for losing to SD, essentially ending any chance I had at winning this league. I'll happily accept my 2nd place trophy in the women's locker room.
Pwned!

Users who are viewing this thread