What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 1 (1 Viewer)

If we could get to me tonight, that would help everybody, as I'm leaving soon...gone until Monday.

Note: this does not mean I have gone back to my yard duty role. Nope.

I will be gone all day Fri and this weekend as well. Wont be home until Monday night.
Make room on your bench for Curtis Martin.Probably should find someone to stand in for you.
I disagree that Yudkin hasn't chosen with anything but good intent, if that's what you're implying. Some people were getting pissed about his absentee selections letting people off, so to speak.Anyway, are you predrafting tonight, fool?

I will be gone all day Fri and this weekend as well. Wont be home until Monday night.
Make room on your bench for Curtis Martin.Probably should find someone to stand in for you.
I disagree that Yudkin hasn't chosen with anything but good intent, if that's what you're implying. Some people were getting pissed about his absentee selections letting people off, so to speak.Anyway, are you predrafting tonight, fool?
Sarcasm meter broken???

Yudkin should have been Curtis Martined by now, with HTF up now and purple haze, dickey moe having predrafted and buenox2 having predrafted the two after that. But because the commish is the one who's not around, he doesn't get Priest Holmes. I'm not complaining, since I'm normally one of the worse offenders, and I don't do the work to commish any of these. But if Yudkin wins this league on the back of an excellent sixth round pick, I might mention it.
Nice speech. Save it for when I actually go over the 4-hour clock, though. And if I win because of a breakout year by Tery Glenn we're all in trouble.
Not really a speech. I'm not worried about it at all. I'm just saying that I've grown accustomed to the fact that when I hit 4:01, I'm getting Priest Holmes. Twilight got six and a half hours, because you weren't around. Then you got another 3:15. After 9:45, two picks had been made. Is that fair? Probably. You're the commish. You're doing all the work for this one, and we all appreciate that. In fact, I think it's more than fine that Twilight get the extra time, and that you be able to take as long as you want at whatever discretion you want. I hate the rigidity of the time limit in an early August draft during working hours. I'm just saying that when it's my turn, and people are waiting at 4:01 for me to get Curtis Martined, I hope I'm not playing under a different set of rules.

Yudkin should have been Curtis Martined by now, with HTF up now and purple haze, dickey moe having predrafted and buenox2 having predrafted the two after that. But because the commish is the one who's not around, he doesn't get Priest Holmes. I'm not complaining, since I'm normally one of the worse offenders, and I don't do the work to commish any of these. But if Yudkin wins this league on the back of an excellent sixth round pick, I might mention it.
Nice speech. Save it for when I actually go over the 4-hour clock, though. And if I win because of a breakout year by Tery Glenn we're all in trouble.
Not really a speech. I'm not worried about it at all. I'm just saying that I've grown accustomed to the fact that when I hit 4:01, I'm getting Priest Holmes. Twilight got six and a half hours, because you weren't around. Then you got another 3:15. After 9:45, two picks had been made. Is that fair? Probably. You're the commish. You're doing all the work for this one, and we all appreciate that. In fact, I think it's more than fine that Twilight get the extra time, and that you be able to take as long as you want at whatever discretion you want. I hate the rigidity of the time limit in an early August draft during working hours. I'm just saying that when it's my turn, and people are waiting at 4:01 for me to get Curtis Martined, I hope I'm not playing under a different set of rules.
Keep up this pace and next year you can talk about being Alstotted.

Could I be dominating this draft more than I already have?
Yes
I think he'd be doing fine if he just drafted better players at his draft spots.
That would have helped.If this league were being played in 2005 his team would be quite a bit better.
It's not even 2005 - Jones-Drew wasn't even good last year. I think the common thread might be "Guys LHUCKS had on his team during their one really good year and he thinks they can do it again".
Buy Low, Sell High...look into it GB.
Honestly, after looking at your team, I'm ready to invest in Porcuine cosmetic products.

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone is interested in a small $25 Payday sports league with great scoring rules..going tonight at 8PM EST click the link below and sign up! Hope to see you there...if you do sign up make sure you check out scoring rules very well..the owner of these leagues has really made it so that almost any position can be drafted early and often! He runs a tight ship and is a really nice guy as well. I have played there for a few years and he really does a good job and the payouts are fair as well.

http://payday.rtsports.com/php/private-lea...u.php?OPER=1166

Did Fred really just draft the 2007 version of Curtis Martin???
Let's hope so. Then he can't blame anyone for sucking. He made that pick voluntarily. By the way, with a few gone for the weekend, and 4 weeks until the season actually starts, why don't we just turn off the timer until Monday? Pick if you can, but no worries if you're away. Everyone needs to chill and realize this is a free league and we've got plenty of time to finish this draft.

Let's hope so. Then he can't blame anyone for sucking. He made that pick voluntarily.
I might have. And maybe I could have let him slide for a while longer. But I like having the Detroit RB combo at the price of a 5th and an 8th. I'd better hope the Lions have a very good offense this year, though, since I have the Detroit QB, too.

I might have. And maybe I could have let him slide for a while longer. But I like having the Detroit RB combo at the price of a 5th and an 8th. I'd better hope the Lions have a very good offense this year, though, since I have the Detroit QB, too.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that stacking up on Detroit Lions is not the way to win anything. (And handcuffing is probably not the right strategy for a total points, no subs league--you're guaranteeing yourself a dead slot).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that stacking up on Detroit Lions is not the way to win anything. (And handcuffing is probably not the right strategy for a total points, no subs league--you're guaranteeing yourself a dead slot).
I'll talk more about this after the draft. For now, I'll just say I disagre.

Let's hope so. Then he can't blame anyone for sucking. He made that pick voluntarily. By the way, with a few gone for the weekend, and 4 weeks until the season actually starts, why don't we just turn off the timer until Monday? Pick if you can, but no worries if you're away. Everyone needs to chill and realize this is a free league and we've got plenty of time to finish this draft.
:lol:

I realize that there is no real rush to get done anytime soon, but League 4 started last and is already done and League 1 has not even hit the halfway mark yet. :bag:

Having predrafted before I would have liked because of a travel day, I guess I have little empathy here.

I realize that there is no real rush to get done anytime soon, but League 4 started last and is already done and League 1 has not even hit the halfway mark yet. :goodposting:
David....SLBD said he was out until Tuesday. You may want to cue up a replacement pick for him.

Wow there sure have been some seriously flawed picks. Over/under on the number of years it takes people to grasp this format?

Wow there sure have been some seriously flawed picks. Over/under on the number of years it takes people to grasp this format?
Yeah, like which moron took Cedric Benson in the second round with all of the WRs still on the board?
Owens/Colston/Muhammy/Stallworth/Jones...I'm very comfortable with my WRs and will be happy to see them contributing points in the postseason.I expect 200 regular season points from Benson and two post season games. My RB position is now closed out with 4 guys who will see playing time. I've also left myself room at everyone position to grab the BPA

I expect 200 regular season points from Benson and two post season games. My RB position is now closed out with 4 guys who will see playing time. I've also left myself room at everyone position to grab the BPA
How many regular season points do you expect from Wayne/Harrison, and how many post season games?

LHUCKS said:
Fred swinging for the fences here with a couple of high risk/high reward guys. :hophead:
I got squozen on receivers pretty hard in MBSL1, so I'm taking guys I like now instead of waiting. But yeah, I'm aware Davis is a reach compared to his current ADP. I do want to have a conversation about the Bell/KJones combo later, but not yet. That is all.

Examples please o enlightened one.TIA :hophead: BTW I was peeking at the comments from league 4 who I guess finished thier draft allready and saw some mention of players being drafted MUCH later than I think they should be such as Andre Johnson in round 4 and a couple others I forget right now. That leads me to believe there will be quite a bit of disparity between teams in that league.'Have not looked at any other draft yet besides league 2.

I expect 200 regular season points from Benson and two post season games. My RB position is now closed out with 4 guys who will see playing time. I've also left myself room at everyone position to grab the BPA
How many regular season points do you expect from Wayne/Harrison, and how many post season games?
About 305 from Wayne and 275 fro Harrison with 2 additional games.

Examples please o enlightened one.TIA :wub: BTW I was peeking at the comments from league 4 who I guess finished thier draft allready and saw some mention of players being drafted MUCH later than I think they should be such as Andre Johnson in round 4 and a couple others I forget right now. That leads me to believe there will be quite a bit of disparity between teams in that league.'Have not looked at any other draft yet besides league 2.
I'll provide more comments at the end after I'm done benefiting from the mistakes.Well I will give you one preview, owners who think RB receptions count towards the scoring.

So you gave up over 100 points, for what?

Examples please o enlightened one.TIA :wall: BTW I was peeking at the comments from league 4 who I guess finished thier draft allready and saw some mention of players being drafted MUCH later than I think they should be such as Andre Johnson in round 4 and a couple others I forget right now. That leads me to believe there will be quite a bit of disparity between teams in that league.'Have not looked at any other draft yet besides league 2.
I'll provide more comments at the end after I'm done benefiting from the mistakes.Well I will give you one preview, owners who think RB receptions count towards the scoring.
You mean RB don't get any points for receptions in this format? :thumbdown: Looking forward to the write ups. I will try to do some myself if I can find the time.Still wondering if I should have foregone my insticts and joined the TE craze or not. Common sense be damned. I may still be behind the power curve in that regard. I did almost take Gonzo instead of Andre Johnson but I am not liking what the Chiefs have going on right now and moving forward.Still a TE only needs 50 catches to = a WR getting 100... it is a hard pill to swallow. But I still chose to go against the grain and try to catch lightning in a bottle later. Failed miserably in that attempt last season. Will see if I can do a bit better this time around but I do not exppect it to be pretty from that position.

So you gave up over 100 points, for what?
Colsten was a 50 point drop so it was a coin flip between Benson/Colsten v. Wayne/RBBC. Benson had more room for upside than Wayne who is in my top 5 so it was a pretty easy choice for me.

BTW - Alex Smith was a steal! I shoul d have taken him for my flex, but I thought he might slip under the radar. :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread