What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 1 (1 Viewer)

BTW - Alex Smith was a steal! I shoul d have taken him for my flex, but I thought he might slip under the radar. :shrug:
yeah, I had a couple of sleeper TEs that I liked which is why I waited on TE2. After Pollard went Alex Smith was next on my list.

I'm heading into Yellowstone for the next few days. I've predrafted for the rest of the draft, but should a list be too short, just pick someone right away, as I won't be back online until Tuesday.

I'm heading into Yellowstone for the next few days. I've predrafted for the rest of the draft, but should a list be too short, just pick someone right away, as I won't be back online until Tuesday.
I've already got Curtis Martin queued up should you miss a pick.

David Yudkin said:
Twilight said:
I've already got Curtis Martin queued up should you miss a pick.
Give him a chance - give him Priest.

bueno said:
I'M BACK #####ES!

:rolleyes:
Can we ridicule you! for the Michael Jenkins selection now? :11:
Fixed. At least Jenkins will start though.
Brought to you by: LAST PLACE FINISHES
Not this year. My first round pick spent most of last yer injured, remember.
Don't remember. But I do know that that was the only injury in the NFL last year. Amazing.Let's see, giving you those points back would move you up to around 13th. Congrats. :moneybag:

Twilight said:
Thanks for the effort. Have a GREAT trip. Man, does that sound awesome. Not many places I'd rather be, good for you. :moneybag:

Twilight said:
Thanks for the effort. Have a GREAT trip. Man, does that sound awesome. Not many places I'd rather be, good for you. :excited:
That's on my things to do list as well...nothing like great weather, fresh air and good people. Work Suxor

bueno said:
I'M BACK #####ES!

:yes:
Don't remember. But I do know that that was the only injury in the NFL last year. Amazing.Let's see, giving you those points back would move you up to around 13th. Congrats. :hot:
It would have probably moved me ahead of your pathetic team.

bueno said:
I'M BACK #####ES!

:bye:
Don't remember. But I do know that that was the only injury in the NFL last year. Amazing.Let's see, giving you those points back would move you up to around 13th. Congrats. :shrug:
Sure it would've. Tell you what, we won't count injuries for you this year. :lmao:

bueno said:
I'M BACK #####ES!

Don't remember. But I do know that that was the only injury in the NFL last year. Amazing.Let's see, giving you those points back would move you up to around 13th. Congrats. :thumbup:
Sure it would've. Tell you what, we won't count injuries for you this year. :thumbup:
Gee thanks! How about not counting suspended players too?

I'M BACK #####ES!

Don't remember. But I do know that that was the only injury in the NFL last year. Amazing.Let's see, giving you those points back would move you up to around 13th. Congrats. :thumbup:
Sure it would've. Tell you what, we won't count injuries for you this year. :thumbup:
Gee thanks! How about not counting suspended players too?
Whatever it takes to get you competitive buddy. We're here to help. :thumbup:

:popcorn:Cecil Sapp, huh? Great. Good for you, bf, good for you."bostonrichard", actually has a nice ring to it.
I don't even want him. I just felt pressured to make a pick and was too hungover to make a good one. My remaining slots are at TE (and every team in the league already has 2 except me and my last WR/RB flex spot, so I looked quickly at flex guys and picked him. If you'd like, I'll drop him and pick someone else.

:popcorn:Cecil Sapp, huh? Great. Good for you, bf, good for you."bostonrichard", actually has a nice ring to it.
I don't even want him. I just felt pressured to make a pick and was too hungover to make a good one. My remaining slots are at TE (and every team in the league already has 2 except me and my last WR/RB flex spot, so I looked quickly at flex guys and picked him. If you'd like, I'll drop him and pick someone else.
I was just playing along. I did think you knew what you were doing however, which was totally fine.If you're serious about switching, I'll do it. You want Herron? As far as I could tell, he's the best choice out there (maybe better than Sapp actually).

:football:Cecil Sapp, huh? Great. Good for you, bf, good for you."bostonrichard", actually has a nice ring to it.
I was just playing along. I did think you knew what you were doing however, which was totally fine.If you're serious about switching, I'll do it. You want Herron? As far as I could tell, he's the best choice out there (maybe better than Sapp actually).
They both suck. My last round pick will post more points than both on them combined in the careers.

BassNBrew said:
Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
bostonfred said:
;)Cecil Sapp, huh? Great. Good for you, bf, good for you."bostonrichard", actually has a nice ring to it.
They both suck. My last round pick will post more points than both on them combined in the careers.
Wow. COOL.

BassNBrew said:
bostonfred said:
:lmao:Cecil Sapp, huh? Great. Good for you, bf, good for you."bostonrichard", actually has a nice ring to it.
Wow. COOL.
Thought you would appreciate the education.

BassNBrew said:
bostonfred said:
:mellow:Cecil Sapp, huh? Great. Good for you, bf, good for you."bostonrichard", actually has a nice ring to it.
Wow. COOL.
Thought you would appreciate the education.
Oh indeed, kind sir. I never would've known that a team QB would outscore bottom of the barrel RBs. BRILLIANT!

I may as well start us off...

Bills, Buffalo BUF TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

Henry, Travis DEN RB

Herron, Noah GBP RB

Morris, Maurice SEA RB

Washington, Leon NYJ RB

Branch, Deion SEA WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Walker, Javon DEN WR

Williams, Demetrius BAL WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Miller, Zach OAK TE

Kasay, John CAR PK

Scobee, Josh JAC PK

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def Not gonna detail everything, would rather just get your input, but a few notes...

Real happy to get Henry at 13. Didn't like the next RBs available and LOVE Smith this year, so that also worked out well. Kept going WR as I felt the early part of this draft went too RB crazy, dropping some value to me. Similarly, I could not make it in time to the TE party, so that kept me after WRs as well. Obviously, I like how I did there, 4 of them have good playoff possibilities, and if I do anything, that'll be the reason.

When I was done there, the only area I felt I could capitalize on was D. Too early, I know, but the 3 big positions had been looted and I saw nothing for me. Didn't see the point in that, so I tried a changeup. Going earlier allowed me to either possibly start a run, which didn't happen, or stack my Ds. And when no run ensued, I was actually happy to get SD not one round later, but two. I risked not taking them before the turn, instead nabbing Leon, and it worked. Again, like the playoff potential with both.

I knew the above would make my RBs the weakest in the league, and that's the decision I made. Why try to play catch up? Going to lose a ton of points there, but given where I got those 4, I'm not complaining. If either Leon Washington or Maurice Morris find themselves playing much, I did fine. Love Henry, and 3 of 4 have playoff possibilities.

My K selections actually worked out well because of the timing. Got in and out right before a big run. Both have good playoff chances and kick in good weather, FWIW. I think it let a few players slide to me as well. Namely Maurice Morris and the HOU QB, which I didn't expect to still be around. I actually teetered on taking Schaub a round or two earlier, so I was happy about that.

QBs aren't worth mentioning and have no playoff chance, but for where I got them, I felt it was all I could ask for.

So who knows, my strengths are D, WR, and K, in that order. :wall: I'll give myself an A, A-, and B I guess.

Weaknesses are TE, RB, and QB, in that order. I'll say D-, D, C-. Overall, I'll let you be the judge.

Worthy of note is that I winged it. Didn't do one thing to prepare, not DD or any other tools. I understand the scoring system well from playing and have a decent grasp of who I like and don't like this year, so that was it. It's a free league, I'm not worried. It's quite clear that I simply played contrarian here, throughout most of the draft...and we'll see where that gets me.

One of things I love about this draft is that the work doesn't carry through for 5 months. I like the idea of letting the cards fall where they may...and being graded on the season from a viewpoint in August. The second thing I really like about it is that it has the added benefit (for me) of really scouring deeper for players. The largest league I play in is 12, so this makes me go further, and in effect, helps prepare me for my drafts.

Thanks again for having me David. And good luck to everybody.

Okay, have at it! :unsure:

I may as well start us off...

So who knows, my strengths are D, WR, and K, in that order. :P I'll give myself an A, A-, and B I guess.(I agree)

Weaknesses are TE, RB, and QB, in that order. I'll say D-, D, C-. Overall, I'll let you be the judge. (B,A,B. For where you got them) DD is useless here.
I like your strategy, I may have to use a new one next year. I like all your picks (at where you got them) and I love your RBs. After the first tier they are mostly all useless in this system.RBs and 1 WR last is :goodposting:

I can't decide if I like my team...I like my sleeper potential at QB, I like my RBs, I love my WRs, I like my TEs, I like my Ds and my kickers suck but should hold onto their jobs.

But it still feels like a middle of the road team to me. :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
QB

Bears, Chicago CHI

Browns, Cleveland CLE

RB

Bennett, Michael KCC

Foster, De'shaun CAR

Green, Ahman HOU

Maroney, Laurence NEP

McAllister, Deuce NOS

WR

Brown, Reggie PHI

Carter, Drew CAR

Clayton, Michael TBB

Gonzalez, Anthony INDY

Johnson, Chad CIN

TE

Scheffler, Tony

Troupe, Ben TEN

K

Brown, Kris HOU

Cundiff, Billy ATL

Def

Lions, Detroit

Redskins, Washington

My strategy early on was to grab as many starting RBs as possible. With 16 team in the league, I placed a high priority on starting RBs, particularlly ones on very good teams that I like to make the playoffs. Because of this, both Maroney and McAllister were a good bit higher in my rankings than some of the other guys on the list of RBs. I think both of them should be good for at least 2 extra games due to the playoffs. Green is on a poor team, but is a feature RB on it. Foster is on a playoff caliber team and as of now, the starter. At the very worst he will be in a RBBC, still accumulating points IMO. Bennett was just a roll the dice pick. With LJ holding out and the massive amount of carries last year an injury is not out of the question. Bennett could be vaulted into a starting role, but it will take some luck (or bad luck).

As for QBs, I didn't place a high priority on them. I really think there are only a few elite team QBs to draft and they went earlier than I wanted to pick them. I really like the weapons Chi added this past offseason of Olsen and Hester. I think we will see more explosiveness out of this offense though the occasional egg is possibly due to turnovers. I especially liked Chi because they are a heavy favorite to be playing extra games. Clev is a team I just felt I could grab very late who would likely outperform their draft position. Getting them as the 2nd to last TQB, I actually expect them to finish in the 20 range. It was worth the wait to secure RBs IMO.

WRs, though I would have rather had Harrison than Johnson I guess either will do. I really like Harrison more mainly because Indy is a better team with more likelihood of playing in the post season. Both are pretty safe top 5 WRs however. R. Brown was a guy I targeted as my #2 all along. He is in a great offense, on a team very likely to make the playoffs and now the #1 of McNabb, a great QB. I think he will have a fantastic year. Gonzalez was another roll the dice guy. Having secured 2 guys who where their teams #1 WR and very safe picks, I wanted to take a chance on a guy with some upside. Gonzalez fit that mold. Indy is not afraid to use it's WR3 (Stokely) and they are again, a playoff caliber team. I decided to continue to take some risks at WR by drafting Clayton next. Clayton has battled injuries the past 2 year in the NFL, however he does have the potential to put up nice numbers as evidence of his rookie year. I don't think Clayton is a big risk because he is a starter on what I expect will be a team who throws the ball a significant amount. Finally, Carter is a real wild card. I'm hopeful he becomes the #2 in Car, though that is not happening if he does not catch the ball better. I think he has explosive ability and could post a few huge game here and there but be totally missing 60% of the time.

People really seemed to gobble up the TEs, as they always do in this league. I really liked Scheffler all along though. I think Den's offense is underrated when it comes to TE production and Graham will not be the threat many think he will as he is a blocker 1st. As for Troupe, it seems a bit crowded at TE in Tenn right now but the options had started to run out as TEs went fast. Troupe has great ability and I think he emerges as the best TE on Tenn this year.

I waited a good while to get Ks, so really I was just trying to get starters.

I choose to wait on Ds as well as TEs. Primarily because there were a few I liked a lot that I knew would be available late. Wash was one such team. I also think Wash has a serious shot at the playoffs which helps. Det, not so much, but I picked them dead last of the Ds and there is no way I think they finish there.

Extra games can in no way be a bad thing.

Someone said the DD is useless here, but I find it interesting to use as an assessment of the draft, realizing it is clearly not perfect. I'm in league 3, and I posted its team results for that league, with these caveats:

1. I made no attempt to change projections from the defaults. Obviously many people will have different projections and thus will feel differently than what is shown by these numbers.

2. DD does not factor in NFL playoff games, and thus those points are not accounted for.

3. We use team QBs, so I added 3 rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs projected to score any points. 3 teams actually have 5 QBs (the ones with Miami, Cleveland, and Oakland). I think this is equivalent to team QBs.

All that said, I think it is as good as any other quick view of the results. Last year, in League 3, it did a reasonable job of predicting... with final projections, it predicted 7 of the top 8 teams correctly (not in the correct order, but the right teams) and correctly predicted the league winner.

jurb26 said:
[ I decided to continue to take some risks at WR by drafting Clayton next. Clayton has battled injuries the past 2 year in the NFL, however he does have the potential to put up nice numbers as evidence of his rookie year. I don't think Clayton is a big risk because he is a starter on what I expect will be a team who throws the ball a significant amount.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Clayton is not a starter. In fact, he may not even make the team.

jurb26 said:
My strategy early on was to grab as many starting RBs as possible.
IMHO this is a mistake. A recent post in the League 4 thread on this:
I assume you are questioning whether it is smart to let RBs slide given 4 must start. Consider these cases from league 3 last year.The 2nd place finisher had these 4 RBs: Michael Turner, Tony Fisher, Maurice Morris, and Antowain Smith, all drafted 12th round or later. He got a total of only 159 fantasy points from the RB position, yet his team scored 3066.The 4th place finisher drafted Mike Bell in the 9th, Henry in the 14th, Davenport in the 17th, and William Green in the 18th. He got almost 360 points from the RB position and scored 2912 overall.RBs just aren't as important due to the scoring and lineup rules. It is important to note it isn't just the scoring. The lineup rules are very important. Because all QBs, TEs, Ks, and Defenses start, there is a much bigger spread than usual at those positions, making them each potentially more valuable than usual.
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :thumbup:

jurb26 said:
[ I decided to continue to take some risks at WR by drafting Clayton next. Clayton has battled injuries the past 2 year in the NFL, however he does have the potential to put up nice numbers as evidence of his rookie year. I don't think Clayton is a big risk because he is a starter on what I expect will be a team who throws the ball a significant amount.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Clayton is not a starter. In fact, he may not even make the team.
I'll take a chance he beats our Boston and what, Stovall?

jurb26 said:
I assume you are questioning whether it is smart to let RBs slide given 4 must start. Consider these cases from league 3 last year.The 2nd place finisher had these 4 RBs: Michael Turner, Tony Fisher, Maurice Morris, and Antowain Smith, all drafted 12th round or later. He got a total of only 159 fantasy points from the RB position, yet his team scored 3066.The 4th place finisher drafted Mike Bell in the 9th, Henry in the 14th, Davenport in the 17th, and William Green in the 18th. He got almost 360 points from the RB position and scored 2912 overall.RBs just aren't as important due to the scoring and lineup rules. It is important to note it isn't just the scoring. The lineup rules are very important. Because all QBs, TEs, Ks, and Defenses start, there is a much bigger spread than usual at those positions, making them each potentially more valuable than usual.
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :goodposting:
So basically you spent all this time to type up something that proves nothing. I'll stick to my strategy. It's very possibly that drafting these RBs backfires on me. I think it will take injuries for that to happen more than anything else.Oh and FYI, last years winner in league 1 had 1122.7 points from his RBs.

jurb26 said:
I'll take a chance he beats our Boston and what, Stovall?
August 18, 2007, 09:50 Buccaneers :: WR

Time May Be Running Out For WR Clayton

Martin Fennelly, Tampa Tribune

Bucs WR Michael Clayton is fighting for his NFL life. The race for a roster spot has many wide receiver entries including Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, Maurice Stovall, Paris Warren and David Boston. "I'm going to take it back. I won't even say I'm definitely going to make this team. I don't know if I will. But the effort I give will get me to where I need to go," said Clayton. He'll get his first chance of the preseason to play on Saturday against Jacksonville.

Link

jurb26 said:
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :shrug:
So basically you spent all this time to type up something that proves nothing. I'll stick to my strategy. It's very possibly that drafting these RBs backfires on me. I think it will take injuries for that to happen more than anything else.Oh and FYI, last years winner in league 1 had 1122.7 points from his RBs.
How could anyone prove anything about this draft today? :hot:Hey, sorry if the truth hurts. :doh:

jurb26 said:
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :shrug:
How could anyone prove anything about this draft today? :confused:Hey, sorry if the truth hurts. :bye:
The truth? The truth is that the winners in the 4 Anarchy leagues last year averaged 777 point from their RBs. One team had 1122.7 from them, another team had 610 points from his (nearly half as many). Teams in last place averaged 438 points from RBs. One team had 722, another 308.7. The truth is there is no truth. Only people using the numbers they want to get their point of view across.

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB - 8 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB - 4
Not the greatest, but I was busy grabbing RBs when the top QBs were flying off the board...I think I should have went QB instead of WR because I'm not real high on ATL although I think they may mildly suprise.
Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 Duckett, T.J. DET RB - 6 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 4 Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10
Pretty happy with this group and
Furrey, Mike DET WR - 6 Galloway, Joey TBB WR - 10 Moss, Santana WAS WR - 4 Parker, Samie KCC WR - 8 Porter, Jerry OAK WR - 5 Williamson, Troy MIN WR - 5
Very happy with this group...I have all projected ahead of FBG rankings.
Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 4 Smith, Alex TBB TE - 10
Average
Medlock, Justin KCC PK - 8 Suisham, Shaun WAS PK - 4
Shaky here...Medlock has been bad, but I don't think he'll lose the job...should've gone kicker earlier.
Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 7 Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def - 8
Part of the reason my kickers suck is because I went relatively early on D's...I like both here.

jurb26 said:
How could anyone prove anything about this draft today? :confused:Hey, sorry if the truth hurts. :bye:
The truth? The truth is that the winners in the 4 Anarchy leagues last year averaged 777 point from their RBs. One team had 1122.7 from them, another team had 610 points from his (nearly half as many). Teams in last place averaged 438 points from RBs. One team had 722, another 308.7. The truth is there is no truth. Only people using the numbers they want to get their point of view across.
If you say so. FWIW, here is the DD view of the teams, based on 8/20 projections:
Code:
Points	Team2866.2	SLBD2786.7	Aaron Rudnicki2683.9	BassNBrew2671.6	Carlton Gray2667.5	David Yudkin2647.1	LHUCKS2637.1	Hear-The-Footsteps2594.9	Jason Wood2587.1	bostonfred2568.5	Bueno2552.3	PurpleHaze672543	  Gatorman2515.9	Dickey Moe2423	  Unlucky2418.9	Twilight2373.3	jurb26
That's a lot of ground to make up. Of course, the projections could be 100% wrong. Or you could always hope for 500 more playoff points than everyone else... :shrug:By the way, see post #327 for caveats on using these numbers. Also, I removed the VBD numbers because someone drafting a player not in the projections (Mason Crosby) messes up those numbers.ETA: I forgot to comment on your statement that the 4 winners of the Anarchy leagues averaged 777 fantasy points from their RBs... didn't each of the winners have Tomlinson? He scored 461.8 fantasy points by himself. I don't really think that proves anything, unless you are pretty certain you are in position to draft a RB who will have such a breakthrough season this year as LT did last year.

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB - 8 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB - 4Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 Duckett, T.J. DET RB - 6 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 4 Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10Furrey, Mike DET WR - 6 Galloway, Joey TBB WR - 10 Moss, Santana WAS WR - 4 Parker, Samie KCC WR - 8 Porter, Jerry OAK WR - 5 Williamson, Troy MIN WR - 5Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 4 Smith, Alex TBB TE - 10Medlock, Justin KCC PK - 8 Suisham, Shaun WAS PK - 4Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 7 Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def - 8
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this isn't a winning team. Consider yourself lucky if you end up in the middle of the pack. :goodposting:

jurb26 said:
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :excited:
How could anyone prove anything about this draft today? :bs:Hey, sorry if the truth hurts. :bye:
If you say so. FWIW, here is the DD view of the teams, based on 8/20 projections:
Code:
Points	Team2866.2	SLBD2786.7	Aaron Rudnicki2683.9	BassNBrew2671.6	Carlton Gray2667.5	David Yudkin2647.1	LHUCKS2637.1	Hear-The-Footsteps2594.9	Jason Wood2587.1	bostonfred2568.5	Bueno2552.3	PurpleHaze672543	  Gatorman2515.9	Dickey Moe2423	  Unlucky2418.9	Twilight2373.3	jurb26
That's a lot of ground to make up. Of course, the projections could be 100% wrong. Or you could always hope for 500 more playoff points than everyone else... :banned:By the way, see post #327 for caveats on using these numbers. Also, I removed the VBD numbers because someone drafting a player not in the projections (Mason Crosby) messes up those numbers.ETA: I forgot to comment on your statement that the 4 winners of the Anarchy leagues averaged 777 fantasy points from their RBs... didn't each of the winners have Tomlinson? He scored 461.8 fantasy points by himself. I don't really think that proves anything, unless you are pretty certain you are in position to draft a RB who will have such a breakthrough season this year as LT did last year.
:lmao: Cause those projections are going to be right. I'll stick to my own projections thank you. As for LT, I'm not sure if they all had him or not. It's likely as the guy outscored everyone so badly last year most winning teams probably had him no matter what kind of league. That still changes nothing. There is no blueprint to winning these leagues. The only blueprint is getting value at draft positions. We wont know who has done that until the season is over.

jurb26 said:
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :bye:
How could anyone prove anything about this draft today? :bs:Hey, sorry if the truth hurts. :bye:
Code:
That's a lot of ground to make up. Of course, the projections could be 100% wrong. Or you could always hope for 500 more playoff points than everyone else... :shrug:By the way, see post #327 for caveats on using these numbers. Also, I removed the VBD numbers because someone drafting a player not in the projections (Mason Crosby) messes up those numbers.ETA: I forgot to comment on your statement that the 4 winners of the Anarchy leagues averaged 777 fantasy points from their RBs... didn't each of the winners have Tomlinson? He scored 461.8 fantasy points by himself. I don't really think that proves anything, unless you are pretty certain you are in position to draft a RB who will have such a breakthrough season this year as LT did last year.
:lmao: Cause those projections are going to be right. I'll stick to my own projections thank you. As for LT, I'm not sure if they all had him or not. It's likely as the guy outscored everyone so badly last year most winning teams probably had him no matter what kind of league. That still changes nothing. There is no blueprint to winning these leagues. The only blueprint is getting value at draft positions. We wont know who has done that until the season is over.
It's great that you are confident in your projections. FWIW, last year in League 3, DD projected 7 of the top 8 finishers... not correct order, but correct teams. It also correctly predicted the winner. I certainly wouldn't expect the projections to be perfect by any means, but I don't expect them to be grossly incorrect either. You are projected last, which cannot be taken as anything but a bad sign. But I admire your ability to keep your blinders on. :shrug:

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB - 8 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB - 4Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 Duckett, T.J. DET RB - 6 Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 4 Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10Furrey, Mike DET WR - 6 Galloway, Joey TBB WR - 10 Moss, Santana WAS WR - 4 Parker, Samie KCC WR - 8 Porter, Jerry OAK WR - 5 Williamson, Troy MIN WR - 5Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 4 Smith, Alex TBB TE - 10Medlock, Justin KCC PK - 8 Suisham, Shaun WAS PK - 4Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 7 Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def - 8
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this isn't a winning team. Consider yourself lucky if you end up in the middle of the pack. :bs:
Please...I only made two mistakes IMHO and those were A) not going QB#1 earlier instead of a WR and B) not going K earlier...other than that this roster is pristine.

jurb26 said:
In league 3, using 8/20 projections, the team with the most projected RB points is projected last overall. The team with the least projected RB points is projected first overall. My team is projected third and has the 4th lowest RB points, though I do have Larry Johnson and so will likely see at least a small bump there in later projections.To be fair, the team projected second overall has the second most RB points and the team projected 15th overall has the second lowest projected RB points. In this league, there is definitely more than one way to succeed. But I think it is clear the format does not favor heavy emphasis on RBs.In league 3, I took LJ at 1.7 and then didn't take my next RB until 8.10 and the next one not until 16.10. But once LJ's numbers get bumped, I will likely be projected first or second overall. I concluded last year that the right strategy if you could take a first tier RB in the first was to do that and then ignore RB while you loaded up at other positions, most notably getting two of the top 10-12 TEs if at all possible. I also disagree with those who minimize value of QBs and defenses and think you should get them all in the top half of their positions if possible. So that's what I did this year. But that's just me. I finished 6th in league 3 last year, so I am no authority. :bye:
How could anyone prove anything about this draft today? :bs:Hey, sorry if the truth hurts. :lmao:
Code:
:shrug: Cause those projections are going to be right. I'll stick to my own projections thank you. As for LT, I'm not sure if they all had him or not. It's likely as the guy outscored everyone so badly last year most winning teams probably had him no matter what kind of league. That still changes nothing. There is no blueprint to winning these leagues. The only blueprint is getting value at draft positions. We wont know who has done that until the season is over.
Granted, it's been a pretty good indicator, if I'm not mistaken, of who will end up near the top. So it has some merit.

It's great that you are confident in your projections. FWIW, last year in League 3, DD projected 7 of the top 8 finishers... not correct order, but correct teams. It also correctly predicted the winner. I certainly wouldn't expect the projections to be perfect by any means, but I don't expect them to be grossly incorrect either. You are projected last, which cannot be taken as anything but a bad sign. But I admire your ability to keep your blinders on. :goodposting:
Wow and I was predicted to finish in the bottom 3 2 years ago yet somehow my blinders lead to to a #2 finish.:goodposting:Fact of the matter is my success this year will likely be directly related to the health of A. Green.

Thanks for the effort. Have a GREAT trip. Man, does that sound awesome. Not many places I'd rather be, good for you. :goodposting:
That's on my things to do list as well...nothing like great weather, fresh air and good people. Work Suxor
Two out of 3 ain't bad. It rained the entire day on Friday, and off and on thunderstorms all day on Sat/Sun. Helped the fire situation (The East gate was closed due to a major fire, I had to detour to the NE gate, another 60 miles or so. But it was a great drive, so it wasn't a big deal), but it put a damper on hiking around with my camera (still shot over 1000 pics, that will be a couple of days going through just those). I pretty much stuck to the places close to the road, since it was either raining, or about to rain. (Did I mention I was tenting it. Thankfully I re-waterproofed my rainfly when I first got there (Discovered how non-waterproof it was camping in NY on HOF Induction weekend) Oh well. It was still incredibly gorgeous, and on my list in a few years to return.

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB - 9

Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB - 5

Benson, Cedric CHI RB - 9

Betts, Ladell WAS RB - 4

Brown, Chris TEN RB - 4

Jordan, Lamont OAK RB - 5

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 4

Jones, Matt JAC WR - 4

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR - 9

Owens, Terrell DAL WR - 8

Stallworth, Donte' NEP WR - 10

Wilford, Ernest JAC WR - 4

Scaife, Bo TEN TE - 4

Witten, Jason DAL TE - 8

Akers, David PHI PK - 5

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 9

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 8

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def - 4

Stuck with the same strategy that worked out well for me last year. Basically waited on QB and D while I loaded up at RB and WR. I don't like carrying donuts in hope of an injury to a starter. I was shocked at some of the QB picks in the middle of the draft. Why burn 10 rounds of value for an extra 20 points? I expect just about all of my roster spots to be contributing on a regular basis. Despite grabbing TO and Colsten, my RBs should post solid numbers. My TEs are better than average...Scaife was a steal in the 12th round. I almost drafted him 3 rounds earlier. Akers and Gould are very soild kickers with playoff potential. Not thrilled about Jones/Wilford, but one will likely surprise.

With luck, I won't have drafted the all-injury team this year.

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB

A good pairing if McNabb stays healthy. We'll see what McNair has left.

Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB

James, Edgerrin ARI RB

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

I like these guys. There is talk of running the ball more in Az (we'll see) and you have to cuff Turner, especially where I got him. Westbrook won't make it the whole season and Buckhalter might get the goal line carries.

Berrian, Bernard CHI WR

Floyd, Malcom SDC WR

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR

Stokley, Brandon DEN WR

Stovall, Maurice TBB WR

Looked mainly late and for under-valued WRs and sleepers. We'll see how it goes.

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE

Schobel, Matt PHI TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Thhoght I was doing well here until LJ got hurt and had to back him up just in case.

Graham, Shayne CIN PK

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

They're kickers, they're on playoff calibre teams.

Broncos, Denver DEN Def

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def

Hey, if I beat SLBD, I'm happy!

With luck, I won't have drafted the all-injury team this year.Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB A good pairing if McNabb stays healthy. We'll see what McNair has left. Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB James, Edgerrin ARI RB Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Turner, Michael SDC RB I like these guys. There is talk of running the ball more in Az (we'll see) and you have to cuff Turner, especially where I got him. Westbrook won't make it the whole season and Buckhalter might get the goal line carries. Berrian, Bernard CHI WR Floyd, Malcom SDC WR Marshall, Brandon DEN WR Stokley, Brandon DEN WR Stovall, Maurice TBB WR Looked mainly late and for under-valued WRs and sleepers. We'll see how it goes.Crumpler, Alge ATL TE Schobel, Matt PHI TE Smith, L.J. PHI TE Thhoght I was doing well here until LJ got hurt and had to back him up just in case. Graham, Shayne CIN PK Kaeding, Nate SDC PK They're kickers, they're on playoff calibre teams. Broncos, Denver DEN Def Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB DefHey, if I beat SLBD, I'm happy!
This roster is littered with flawed strategies.

With luck, I won't have drafted the all-injury team this year.Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB A good pairing if McNabb stays healthy. We'll see what McNair has left. Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB James, Edgerrin ARI RB Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Turner, Michael SDC RB I like these guys. There is talk of running the ball more in Az (we'll see) and you have to cuff Turner, especially where I got him. Westbrook won't make it the whole season and Buckhalter might get the goal line carries. Berrian, Bernard CHI WR Floyd, Malcom SDC WR Marshall, Brandon DEN WR Stokley, Brandon DEN WR Stovall, Maurice TBB WR Looked mainly late and for under-valued WRs and sleepers. We'll see how it goes.Crumpler, Alge ATL TE Schobel, Matt PHI TE Smith, L.J. PHI TE Thhoght I was doing well here until LJ got hurt and had to back him up just in case. Graham, Shayne CIN PK Kaeding, Nate SDC PK They're kickers, they're on playoff calibre teams. Broncos, Denver DEN Def Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB DefHey, if I beat SLBD, I'm happy!
This roster is littered with flawed strategies.
A lot like the Republican plan for Iraq, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread