What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andra Davis (1 Viewer)

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
link:

http://www.wkyc.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=44889

Cleveland - The Cleveland Browns have signed LB Andra Davis to a five-year contract extension.

Davis, 6-1 and 250 lbs., is a four-year veteran and has totaled 432 tackles, seven and one-half sacks, five interceptions and 12 passes defensed during his career with Cleveland.

Davis is currently one of the team captains and leads the team this year with 169 tackles, including 85 solo, seven tackles for loss, two sacks for 22 yards, one interception and four passes defensed.

"It's a blessing," said Davis. "This extension means so much to me and my family because I want to finish my career as a Cleveland Brown and to play in front of these great fans. I said all along that I began my career with the Browns, my wife and our children love it here in Cleveland and this is where I want to be. I believe in the direction of this organization led by Randy Lerner, John Collins, Coach (Romeo) Crennel, and Phil Savage and our goal to bring another NFL championship to Cleveland."

"We are pleased to have Andra back," said Browns Senior Vice President and General Manager Phil Savage. "We feel he is a key piece in our defense and will continue to be as we build toward the future."

Davis is the leading tackler in the NFL with 169 tackles. This season, Davis has led or tied for the team lead in tackles in 12 of 13 games and has ten or more tackles in 12 contests.

Earlier this season, Davis established a career-high 20 tackles at Green Bay on Sept. 18 in the Browns 26-24 road victory. Davis was also named AFC Defensive Player of the Week on Nov. 23 after a 14-tackle performance in the Browns 22-0 win over Miami on Nov. 20.

Davis was originally drafted by Cleveland in the fifth round, 141st overall, in the 2002 NFL Draft. Davis became a starter in his second season, a campaign in which he finished with a career-high 170 tackles and five sacks in 2003.

Last season, Davis played in 11 games and added 89 tackles after suffering a knee injury which forced him to miss the final five regular season games.

Users who are viewing this thread