What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another cut at the 2006 draft. After the Rose Bowl (1 Viewer)

MLB's do not get drafted that high and Hawk will not go at 5.

ARI has so many needs but Williams at 10 is a reach
Hawk is an OLB, and he's looked studly all year. Williams may be a reach for the Carsds, but I don't think he's a reach anywhere in the top 10.
Sorry, should have clarified Hawk. Yes he played OLB all year but he is a projected MLB in the pro's.And Williams to the Cards is a reach as I said, not so much the spot he is taken at.

Tom

Well.  So much for Wroten in the first.

LSU DE Wroten Jr. arrested on drug charges
Sounds like a guy that could end up being a brilliant pick in the 3rd/4th rounds. If he's motivated or has any semblance of character at all, it wouldn't be that difficult to design a contract where his potential is maximized, and could be voided if he got into drug trouble. Lord knows I wouldn't mind the Bengals taking a risk on this guy and releasing the great hall of famer Justin Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk is an OLB, and he's looked studly all year. Williams may be a reach for the Carsds, but I don't think he's a reach anywhere in the top 10.
Sorry, should have clarified Hawk. Yes he played OLB all year but he is a projected MLB in the pro's.And Williams to the Cards is a reach as I said, not so much the spot he is taken at.

Tom
If Hawk goes to the Packers as is commonly being projected, he will not play middle linebacker.

Tom
Who projects him at MLB?

Tom
He was invited to work out at the Combine as an OLB. :confused: Who is projecting him at MLB?

Granted, I think he can play either and just wrote a bunch about that in another thread, but if he's being drafted as an MLB, then all the scouting hype has been silly and you're correct. He will fall a bit... maybe. He is quite a talent.

If Williams is available where Arizona picks, I don't see it as a reach. RB is a glaring weakness there. Because a 2nd rounder was spent last season is no reason to stop trying to fill the void. The dude who runs NFL Draft Countdown had the most accurate mock on the net a couple years ago, and he too is projecting DeAngelo to AZ.

I'm not trying to win an argument on either point, but I wish you would explain better. What should AZ do? I'd argue best available OL, and there should be a very good one available.

If Vince Young ends up on the Titans, my brain will explode.
Young going to Tennessee should be good for you, but this sounds pretty bad. Maybe they make a big trade with Dallas who moves up and takes Young to keep him in Texas. ;)

Michael Huff may be drafted as a CB. The Senior Bowl, Combine, & his Pro Day will probably tell the tale, but CB could very well be his best position in the pros. He basically was moved to safety at Texas because of team needs. Just something to keep in mind.

Tom
If Hawk goes to the Packers as is commonly being projected, he will not play middle linebacker.
Actually that is the most common place he is projected to go and to play the Zach Thomas role that Bates had in MIA. Then they could move Barnett, just a year later than they initally wanted too.I have yet to see a sight that has him projected as a OLB, not saying I am right but just what I have seen.

Time will tell I guess

Tom

Tom
Actually that is the most common place he is projected to go and to play the Zach Thomas role that Bates had in MIA. Then they could move Barnett, just a year later than they initally wanted too.I have yet to see a sight that has him projected as a OLB, not saying I am right but just what I have seen.

Time will tell I guess

Tom
Could you post a link to a site that has him at MLB please.

Unless they don't re-sign Kenyatta Walker, I don't see the Bucs going after OL in the draft. Walker, Buenning, Davis and Mahan are all really young, and for the most part, pretty good. I guess Davis needs work on pass protection, but he's a mauler when it comes to the running game.John Wade is getting up there in age, but they won't be drafting a center in rd 1. I think they'll be looking LB or CB, maybe WR in round 1.

Anyone think that Denver would pick either Laurence Maroney, RB or Lendale White, RB if they are there with the pick from Washington?I think they like Bell getting 10-15 balls a game and the rest to Maroney or White?? Lets face it Anderson does not have much left in the tank. Plus it would take one of them away from either NE or Pitt??

Actually that is the most common place he is projected to go and to play the Zach Thomas role that Bates had in MIA. Then they could move Barnett, just a year later than they initally wanted too.

I have yet to see a sight that has him projected as a OLB, not saying I am right but just what I have seen.

Time will tell I guess

Tom
It makes sense. But, if other teams covet Hawk as an OLB, and he rates as defensive player 1 or 2 (generally guys gone by five or six picks), does a team who wants him at MLB spend a top pick on him? They may have no choice. Interesting. Tom is right. MLBs rarely go this high.

Hawk

Could you post a link to a site that has him at MLB please.
I asked for a link, but I don't need one. Hawk certainly could play the middle for a team Like GB with a good OLB currently out of position. Part of Hawk's value is how versatile he is.

Anyone think that Denver would pick either Laurence Maroney, RB or Lendale White, RB if they are there with the pick from Washington?

I think they like Bell getting 10-15 balls a game and the rest to Maroney or White?? Lets face it Anderson does not have much left in the tank. Plus it would take one of them away from either NE or Pitt??
I don't. Has Shanahan ever taken an RB in the first round. I have amused Bronco fans with the idea of trading both first rounders and something else, to move up and nab Reggie Bush. He'd be an interesting Bronco. But, I think Shanahan works on his pass rush, or replenishes the OL in the first round. He'll pick a running back just because that's how he is, and it will probably be someone like Germaine Race and fantasy owners will be drafting him in the 3rd round calling him the next Portis.

who in their right mind would want to go to NO?? the team sux, the town is in shambles, mgt is horrible...

Saban will not move to get Leinart...

AZ????

Is it possible for Leinart to do a Rodgers and fall???
No chance that Leinart falls past the top 3 picks. Both NO and Tennessee need to draft a QB to start the rebuilding on a good note. Miami has too far to go to get Leinart, AZ is a possibility, but Green thinks that it's his system that's the star, not the player...I doubt that they make the effort to get into the top 5.

Don't think Philly would take a LB in the 1st.  My bets are on an OL especially if some talent falls due to depth at the position.  I think Runyan is a UFA and would take Justice if he fell to them.
I DON'T want to start a new thread since draft threads are everywhere, but I have a question. rifkin thinks Philly will go OL. Which teams have offensive line as their top priority?

I'll start with Dallas and Tampa Bay.
What about Baltimore? Their O-Line was criticized for being soft this year.

It could very well happen.
There's some interesting chatter that just may save Colin's brain from exploding. The Titans have been "working out" Jay Cutler and he has spent a lot of time at Baptist whatever field. Rumor is they're looking to trade down to get him-- Denny Green moves up for Young. Titans load up on draft picks. :dunno:

There's some interesting chatter that just may save Colin's brain from exploding. The Titans have been "working out" Jay Cutler and he has spent a lot of time at Baptist whatever field. Rumor is they're looking to trade down to get him-- Denny Green moves up for Young. Titans load up on draft picks. :dunno:
If I remember correctly, Denny NEVER trades away draft picks. So I find this scenario unlikely. Also, Denny is going into the last year of his contract so he wants to win NOW. He's not interested in developing a young QB. I can't see Arizona moving up to get Young at all.

I spent most of Christmas vacation in Nashville, the buzz I got from the locals was that Cutler is a very intelligent QB, but not neccessarily the right QB to run the offense. Then I also got the opposite reaction from others, that he's exactly the right guy if they can make a few trades. I think the truth is not yet known. Keep in mind that Cutler is a local product, Vanderbilt is practically next door to Adelphia, so working him out, and him spending time at a facility doesn't mean a whole lot.

I spent most of Christmas vacation in Nashville, the buzz I got from the locals was that Cutler is a very intelligent QB, but not neccessarily the right QB to run the offense. Then I also got the opposite reaction from others, that he's exactly the right guy if they can make a few trades. I think the truth is not yet known.

Keep in mind that Cutler is a local product, Vanderbilt is practically next door to Adelphia, so working him out, and him spending time at a facility doesn't mean a whole lot.
An interesting (maybe only to me) side story...A few years back, some friends and I were at a conference in Nashville. We were able to sneak onto Vanderbilt's field, the actual field where they play on Saturday, and play touch football for three hours. It was awesome. Except for the heatstroke (it was the end of July)

Users who are viewing this thread