What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

One twiiter account?   :lol:   Good one. 
Where's your link? I said there was evidence of white supremacists and backed it up. Show yours.

Or do you just laugh and run?
And not just any twitter account, one that the president's son used as an example of Antifa.

A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of “Antifa” was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.

Before it emerged the account was run by white supremacists, Donald Trump Jr., President Donald Trump’s son, pointed his 2.8 million Instagram followers to the account as an example how dangerous Antifa is.

One twiiter account?   :lol:   Good one. 
One twitter account seemed big enough to become subject of a tweet by the president's own son. That seems pretty significant, and frightening, given the narrative being created by the White House.

Last edited by a moderator:
And not just any twitter account, one that the president's son used as an example of Antifa.

A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of “Antifa” was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.

Before it emerged the account was run by white supremacists, Donald Trump Jr., President Donald Trump’s son, pointed his 2.8 million Instagram followers to the account as an example how dangerous Antifa is.
It was also poster by multiple people here as evidence of antifa

One twitter account seemed big enough to become subject of a tweet by the president's own son. That seems pretty significant, and frightening, given the narrative being created by the White House.
It was also shared in this very thread by @giantcookie as evidence that 'Antifa' were behind everything. At the time he shared it here, it was ~5 hours old and only had a few hundred followers.

Jack Posobiec

@JackPosobiec

6m

BREAKING: 2 crates filled with pipe bombs discovered near Korean War Memorial in DC after suspects spotted in bushes. Federal assets in pursuit
Will Sommer

@willsommer

Right-wing media personality Jack Posobiec claimed police had discovered crates of pipe bombs at the Korean War Memorial. Right-wing blogs ran with the claim, Park Police tried to find the bombs. But now police say the bombs never existed.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1268357722417790976?s=20

Will Sommer

@willsommer

Right-wing media personality Jack Posobiec claimed police had discovered crates of pipe bombs at the Korean War Memorial. Right-wing blogs ran with the claim, Park Police tried to find the bombs. But now police say the bombs never existed.

But I'm sure he is right about Bill Barr being on the verge of revealing the vast, secret left-wing media/political/Antifa alliance.

Jack Posobiec

@JackPosobiec

6m

BREAKING: 2 crates filled with pipe bombs discovered near Korean War Memorial in DC after suspects spotted in bushes. Federal assets in pursuit
Will Sommer

@willsommer

Shocking that Posobiec would make up something like this. I'd expect someone who promoted both PizzaGate and Seth Rich conspiracies to have higher standards.

Will Sommer

@willsommer

Which is why it was warmed to take anything Posobiec (and Cernovich) post with a grain of salt.  Those two are basically just internet trolls and not reliable as a source 

These arguments will never end because they don't actually believe anything
In the case of Antifa involvement in the protests, I think they truly want to believe it; need to believe it because they're being fed the conspiracy directly from the top. In this case, the president's son. So it must be true and anything to contrary is fake news and a dishonest media - even when all they have is rumors and innuendos. Nothing that has actually been documented. And when confronted with evidence to the contrary, deflect and run.

I don't know how one would even how about measuring this, but I'd bet there is roughly equal actual evidence of antifa and white supremacists causing all of the mayhem.
Here in CA it appears to be “career” burglars, and I doubt it’s either white supremacists or Antifa. Cara driving up to businesses, smashing windows, filling the cars and getting out. 

I'm not entirely sure of all of these but here are organizations that I have heard that have severed ties with the Minneapolis Police Department. 

University of Minnesota

Minneapolis Park Board (Minneapolis Park Police)

YMCA

YWCA

Minneapolis Public Schools 

Walker Art Center

Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Can add First Ave to this list :thumbup:

Stuart_Little said:
I agree except it's not just Antifa, it's every...little...thing...possible, every single day. It's taken every shape and form imaginable, but we've basically been having the same argument for three years with not one iota of progress or agreement because both are impossible when truth and facts carry zero weight. How many thousands of times has Fox News et al. been proven untrustworthy and factually untrue only for the same people to use the same sources the next day? Any normal person would move on and try to find something more reputable. Unless, of course, you find truthlessness and distortion to be attractive, meaning you're not normal at all. QED
Not just the same sources. Actually worse sources than Fox.  While claiming places like the NYT or WashPo are not reliable...or are fake news if we take Trumps words.

yes to music venue

Prince never owned it though. Did film Purple Rain there though
Got it, thanks. I don't know where I got the Prince owned it thing from.

I saw Uncle Tuepelo (if you know who that is) there in 1993, a few weeks before they broke up. One of my most cherished memories. I snagged a poster for it that said "ONE NIGHT ONLY" with two dates listed underneath. Not long ago I gave it to the friend who got me into Tupelo who deserved it much more than me. Anyways, Minnesota is an awesome state with great people as far as I'm concerned. Except for certain segment of the police force, apparently.

You can't get a better state bird than the Loon.

I think awareness of this issue has grown significantly since Ferguson. And now most people seem to be supportive of the need for systemic change. Will we see it?

Biden has put out his recommendations. Trump made some changes a year or year and a half ago but has obviously been quiet lately. Do you think either of them will push for change?

Most change, though, needs to come from the local level. A little over a year ago, activists/public pressure got the Austin City Council to not ratify the police union contract until it included some significant reforms. Do you think we will see more of that at the local level?

Will reforms continue and even pick up going forward? I hope so, but I don't know.

I think awareness of this issue has grown significantly since Ferguson. And now most people seem to be supportive of the need for systemic change. Will we see it?

Biden has put out his recommendations. Trump made some changes a year or year and a half ago but has obviously been quiet lately. Do you think either of them will push for change?

Most change, though, needs to come from the local level. A little over a year ago, activists/public pressure got the Austin City Council to not ratify the police union contract until it included some significant reforms. Do you think we will see more of that at the local level?

Will reforms continue and even pick up going forward? I hope so, but I don't know.
1. Have the reforms in Austin been effective?

2. Has there been unrest in Austin?

I agree that change needs to happen at a local level but these protests seem to be a national issue - people in Charlotte protesting a killing in Minnesota.  I'm not sure if local changes can prevent this.

Not just the same sources. Actually worse sources than Fox.  While claiming places like the NYT or WashPo are not reliable...or are fake news if we take Trumps words.
Lol....The MSM looks like Baghdad Bob reporting the story.   With images of buildings burning and people looting, the media is telling everyone how peaceful the protesters are.   And most posters in here are eating it up the outlandish spin.  The MSM ignores/downplays story of dead cops who get shot by looters.   The only thing the New York Times and Washpo are reliable in is pushing their narrative.  

It is even more absurd to be blaming the criminal activities on white fascist groups.  The media only reports on stories which can be linked some racist group.  There are millions of tweets and tens of thousands of arrests, but the few that the media headlines are those who can be linked to outside groups.   It is like people seriously believe that the only reason some radical leftist is torching a building is because of sone fake tweet.  What an asine perspective. 

It is even more absurd to be blaming the criminal activities on white fascist groups.  The media only reports on stories which can be linked some racist group.  There are millions of tweets and tens of thousands of arrests, but the few that the media headlines are those who can be linked to outside groups.   It is like people seriously believe that the only reason some radical leftist is torching a building is because of sone fake tweet.  What an asine perspective
How absurd is it to blame criminal activities on a group that has had no evidence of being involved? And to be clear, I'm certainly not blaming all of it on white supremacists.

Lol....The MSM looks like Baghdad Bob reporting the story.   With images of buildings burning and people looting, the media is telling everyone how peaceful the protesters are.   And most posters in here are eating it up the outlandish spin.  The MSM ignores/downplays story of dead cops who get shot by looters.   The only thing the New York Times and Washpo are reliable in is pushing their narrative.  

It is even more absurd to be blaming the criminal activities on white fascist groups.  The media only reports on stories which can be linked some racist group.  There are millions of tweets and tens of thousands of arrests, but the few that the media headlines are those who can be linked to outside groups.   It is like people seriously believe that the only reason some radical leftist is torching a building is because of sone fake tweet.  What an asine perspective. 
Sorry...what spin?

Nobody is downplaying dead cops or even violence...we are well aware of it, its been reported on by the MSM, its been posted in here.  Its been discussed.  

To even claim the NYT and Washington Post are what you are claiming is useless when you bring nothing to back up that narrative.  And its quite absurd to do when discussing people like Posobiec and Cernovich.  How about them Jon?  Do you believe they are reliable sources?  Do you believe the American Thinker and Red State are reliable sources?  Will you answer those simple questions?

The media has reported on all of the rumors...they have also reported on things that can be linked...things that have actually come out of law enforcement as was linked to about the boogaloo group...things the FBI has said about there not being evidence in Washington of antifa.

The fake tweet was a sign of the misinformation that is being pushed out there up to even the son of the President...as well as his own misinformation about a group that some of you are assigning all the blame to...and refusing to believe anything else.  Its like hey, here is evidence it is also right wing groups...and you still don't accept that.  Nobody in here is saying there are no leftist groups involved in the violence Jon...nobody is saying that...but there are several of you that are claiming it is all left wing or even almost all or the large majority.  You are doing so ignoring actual evidence and now blaiming it on the MSM.

Defund the police is the chanting now at rallies.  A Congress woman from Detroit Rashida Tlaib actually supports defunding police.  Celebrities endorsing no police.  Is this the direction we are heading? Total anarchy?

If we don`t have local and state police we will have military police like China and Russia does. Not sure Susan Sarandon would be too happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does change start? With small steps. Maybe there are cynical cops who join the protests, but not all of them. Not letting them do so seems counterproductive to me.
A lot of those same cops turned around and beat people after their photo ops.  They got their puff piece in the media and went right back to cracking down on the protests. 

I’m sure they will turn over a new leaf.

Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt lashed out at St. Louis' chief prosecutor over the release of suspected rioters and looters arrested over several days of protests that have seen four police officers shot and a retired police captain killed.

"In a stunning development, our office has learned that every single one of the St. Louis looters and rioters arrested were released back onto the streets by local prosecutor Kim Gardner," Schmitt said in a Wednesday tweet accompanied with a video showing a burning vehicle and several audible gunshots and police sirens.

Defund the police is the chanting now at rallies.  A Congress woman from Detroit Rashida Tlaib actually supports defunding police.  Celebrities endorsing no police.  Is this the direction we are heading? Total anarchy?
It appears we are headed towards that or a military state where you are executed for committing crimes.

Heartbreaking but last night NOPD used tear gas on a peaceful demonstration on the GNO / Crescent City Connection bridge. - From what I understand like last night the demonstration was peaceful. It was late at night, had to be around midnight when the highway would have had little use. Just stupid, reactionary madness.

Biden campaign is also bailing looters and rioters out of jail. 

If we don`t have local and state police we will have military police like China and Russia does. Not sure Susan Sarandon would be too happy with that.
I feel like this is where we are as a country right now.  We can't have intelligent conversations about anything.  We run on fury and passion.  

Personally I don't know what the answer is but i want smart people who know what they are talking about it to debate and make changes.  

1. Have the reforms in Austin been effective?

2. Has there been unrest in Austin?

I agree that change needs to happen at a local level but these protests seem to be a national issue - people in Charlotte protesting a killing in Minnesota.  I'm not sure if local changes can prevent this.

1. I don't know the answer to that. I'm not as knowledgeable about it as I should be. Other than what I will write in 2.

2. There have been protest but they have been relatively tame. There were three people who got seriously injured by police rubber bullets. On Monday, the police chief held a press conference where he was visibly shaken because of it and said that, "That's not what we wanted to happen. It will be investigated." And today the City Council is holding a special session on investigating the police response to the protest. I don't know the exact number but a huge number of the public have signed up to speak.

I'm not going to say everyone saying this has a nuanced vision of what it means to "defund the police." But what many people mean is not that there isn't a police force. Its that they don't get as much money as they do now to buy things like military hardware. And that money instead goes to treating the root causes of problems - mental health issues, poverty, joblessness, etc.

A lot of those same cops turned around and beat people after their photo ops.  They got their puff piece in the media and went right back to cracking down on the protests. 
I get that. I'm sure it happened. I still think the potential good that comes from it outweighs the negatives from the #######s. 

Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not going to say everyone saying this has a nuanced vision of what it means to "defund the police." But what many people mean is not that there isn't a police force. Its that they don't get as much money as they do now to buy things like military hardware. And that money instead goes to treating the root causes of problems - mental health issues, poverty, joblessness, etc.
Demilitarize the police doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Im quite sure there are very few that would push for actually having no police.

Users who are viewing this thread