What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (3 Viewers)

I'm currently in a FB debate with my DIL's father about the "false narrative" of what happened in Lafayette Square.  This stems from him posting a Trump Team video and declaring we have a party of love (=Republicans) and a party of hate.  The video, apparently, seals the deal about which party is which.

:mellow:

George Floyd had coronavirus, according to a full autopsy report. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's full autopsy report said Floyd first tested positive for the virus on April 3, nearly two months prior to his death.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/2020-06-03-george-floyd-protests-n1223081/ncrd1224291
Add this to my earlier post about possible Defense strategies. We know the virus can permanently damage the lungs and this contributed to his death will be added to their list. 

whoknew said:
Is there any explanation for why these alleged government security forces have removed their badges, insignia, name plates, etc. and will not identify themselves? Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Link
My brother works for the Fed Bureau of Prisons and is part of their SORT (special operations response team). He’s former military and signed up for this team for the extra pay. They’ve provided security at different events and during natural disasters. 
He’s in DC right now :shrug:  

Add this to my earlier post about possible Defense strategies. We know the virus can permanently damage the lungs and this contributed to his death will be added to their list. 
Black letter law from when I was in law school...you take the victim as you find him. 

Black letter law from when I was in law school...you take the victim as you find him. 
It only takes one juror to buy it and we end up with much bigger and more violent protests than we have now. I don't know the laws there as to lesser included, but I hope the jury has a fallback charge in case the 2nd Deg Murder doesn't fit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Though the full autopsy report (just skimmed through it) indicates there is no noticeable lung damage in either lung.
Well that is good. This guy needs to spend the rest of/majority of his life in prison and the water doesn't need anything muddying it. 

Who would have guessed that a town hall address from former President Obama would be completely upstaged within moments, but the jaw-dropping statement from Mad Dog Mattis did just that. Wow. 
It’s been posted elsewhere, but it’s worth posting Trump’s response via Twitter here as well:

Probably the only thing Barack Obama & I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about it. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed to “Mad Dog”...

...His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Or maybe we should have a thread dedicated to the issues white conservatives or white men face rather than bringing it up in every thread about another groups problems. I think it's an interesting topic that is often derailed because of the context it is usually discussed. On its own, I think I think it is worth discussing.

I'll be honest that "all lives matter" was something that made sense to me when people first started saying "black lives matter". But, my current position is that I should be able to discuss the fact that, yes, black lives do matter without feeling the need to make sure people agree that all lives matters too. Saying black lives matter doesn't imply that other lives don't matter any more than me saying "I love you" to my wife indicates that I don't love other people. A group wants people to acknowledge their value. My refusal to do so in the past was largely driven by my stubbornness and misunderstanding of the situation.
This pretty well describes me as well. The only way we get better as a nation is to improve as people and be willing to listen and change when it is needed.

I know this has been mentioned but are they trying to say they did not use tear gas but “pepper balls and smoke canisters instead?” Is there really much of a difference or am I missing something? Or are pepper balls something you would see at amusement parks or something you can purchase at a party store?

I know this has been mentioned but are they trying to say they did not use tear gas but “pepper balls and smoke canisters instead?” Is there really much of a difference or am I missing something? Or are pepper balls something you would see at amusement parks or something you can purchase at a party store?
There isn't a significant difference, as far as I'm aware. The police used "pepper gas" grenades, which have much the same effect. Coughing, eye irritation, etc. Yet Trump's defenders use this distinction without a difference to proclaim that he somehow didn't disperse peaceful protesters before curfew for some propaganda pictures and a dramatically scored social media video.

We had this conversation last night in the Trump 2020 thread. @tonydead and @Opie mocked me for not knowing the difference. Yet they were unable to explain the difference. They were also unable to explain why they had spent a full day defending the use of tear gas only to then claim that the mainstream media was lying about it having been used. 

King 5 News right now  - businesses boarding up stores in Snohomish  and armed civilians to protect them based on rumors of Antifa planning a "protest" 

This is how they operate

and this is the result

How many dead as a result of the antifa anarchists?   

We need to either identify a way to stop these groups or find a better way to protest and be heard. 
Not sure. We have actual arrests and police reports of right wing extremists were n Vegas I believe it was... Neither of your links or law enforcement has stated it was antifa in those...yet you keep claiming it is.  You only have Trumps claims and then talk about it...but nothing actually linking them to the violence described in your articles
Do you have any actual evidence to back up the claims you are making?  Oris there a reason you keep bringing up only one group without any evidence actually linking them to the violence in the stories?

Not sure. We have actual arrests and police reports of right wing extremists were n Vegas I believe it was... Neither of your links or law enforcement has stated it was antifa in those...yet you keep claiming it is.  You only have Trumps claims and then talk about it...but nothing actually linking them to the violence described in your articles
Do you have any actual evidence to back up the claims you are making?  Oris there a reason you keep bringing up only one group without any evidence actually linking them to the violence in the stories?
According to the FBI there is NO evidence of Antifa’s involvement. 
https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/law-enforcement-and-public-safety/the-fbi-finds-no-intel-indicating-antifa-involvement-in-sundays-violence/

Nashville arrested another arson suspect for the fire at the courthouse here.

And another suspected of vandalism there.

This is so bizarre, Press Secretary tweeted this an hour ago. What in the world? This is like Iraqi Intelligence Minister stuff.

Kayleigh McEnany

@PressSec

1hUnder President

@realDonaldTrump’s leadership, there will be NO burning of churches, looting of businesses, destruction of property, and assaults on civilians and police. America will unite in LAW AND ORDER!

His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed to “Mad Dog”...
Umm - I found this article written in 2006

Mattis, who made a name for himself commanding troops in Afghanistan and Iraq (actually several names — he’s known to the troops as the “Warrior Monk” and “Mad Dog Mattis”),

This is so bizarre, Press Secretary tweeted this an hour ago. What in the world? This is like Iraqi Intelligence Minister stuff.

Kayleigh McEnany

@PressSec

1hUnder President

@realDonaldTrump’s leadership, there will be NO burning of churches, looting of businesses, destruction of property, and assaults on civilians and police. America will unite in LAW AND ORDER!
I mean seriously, what am I missing here? It’s so blatant. Does she mean like: startingggggggg....NOW!

I’m so confused

That is an unbeatable one.  
Its really not...because there is actual evidence of Russian involvement in the IS election and contacts with the administration that they felt the need to lie about.

To this point, there has been zero tying antifa to all this violence  and as posted in here only evidence of a right wing group in Vegas.

Now I believe there are both left wing amd right wing extremist groups causing the chaos.  Will you agree?

Kayleigh McEnany

@PressSec

1hUnder President

Is she just trying to get everyone  to watch Law and Order?

Which version?

Do you realize if you keep mentioning Antifa it will eventually exceed mentions of Benghazi? 
I didn't say it. King 5 news did. They even explained to everyone who Antifa is and what it means. It was a great local piece and dont worry Antifa wont show up with the heavily armed civilians in Shohomish.

Dont bother with the usual merry go round whatabout falsehood response. TIA. 

Kayleigh McEnany

@PressSec

1hUnder President

I agree and can get behind Kayleigh on this. 

I don't know how one would even how about measuring this, but I'd bet there is roughly equal actual evidence of antifa and white supremacists causing all of the mayhem.

I don't know how one would even how about measuring this, but I'd bet there is roughly equal actual evidence of antifa and white supremacists causing all of the mayhem.
Lol...i will take the bet every day of the week on who is mostly behind this. 

Well apparently they've found evidence of white supremacists at a Vegas rally. AFAIK, there's only rumors and innuendos of Antifa involvement. No one's provided hard evidence as of yet.

I don't know how true this is, but :lmao:

On Friday night, two community members notified AIM patrol members about looters at Skol Liquors, in the Seward neighborhood of south Minneapolis.

The white teens, who were from Eau Claire, 100 miles east, were seen taking alcohol and groceries by Seward neighborhood residents, according to a widely circulated Facebook video posted by Bobby Headbird of Minneapolis.

The AIM members recovered the merchandise, took the teens’ names and numbers and called their mothers in Wisconsin to come pick them up.

I don't know how true this is, but :lmao:

On Friday night, two community members notified AIM patrol members about looters at Skol Liquors, in the Seward neighborhood of south Minneapolis.

The white teens, who were from Eau Claire, 100 miles east, were seen taking alcohol and groceries by Seward neighborhood residents, according to a widely circulated Facebook video posted by Bobby Headbird of Minneapolis.

The AIM members recovered the merchandise, took the teens’ names and numbers and called their mothers in Wisconsin to come pick them up.
Yes, this did happen. They shared pictures of the 4 white teenagers crying, seated on the sidewalk. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Found it

btw "AIM" is American Indian Movement, there's a decent sized native american population in that area, and they've had organized patrols for a few decades at this point from my understanding. -- Actually I just googled it and the AIM Patrols were started in 1968 in response to police brutality against urban native american residents in Minneapolis.

Users who are viewing this thread