What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Mock (1 Viewer)

ffchamp1

Footballguy
1. HOU- RB Reggie Bush

2. NO-LB AJ Hawk

3. TEN- DL Mario Williams

4. NYJ OT- D'BRickshaw Ferguson

5. GB- DT Haloli Ngata

6. SF- TE Vernon Davis

7. OAK- S Michael Huff

8. BUF- OT Winston Justice

9. DET- LB Ernie SIms

10. ARI- QB Jay Cutler

11. RAMS- CB Tye Hill

12. CLE-DT Broderick Bunkley

13. BALT- QB Matt Leinart

14. PHI- WR Chad Jackson

15. DEN- RB Deangelo WIlliams

16. MIA WR Santonio Holmes

17. MIN QB Vince Young

18. DAL LB Bobby Carpenter

19. SD- DB Dante Whitner

20. KC- Jimmy WIlliams

21. NE DE/LB Kamerion Wimbley

22. DEN- DE Manny Lawson

23 TB- LB Demeco Ryans

24. CIN CB Jonathan Joseph

25. NYG LB Chad Greenway

26. CHI CB Kelly Jennings

27. CAR RB Lendale White

28. JAX TE Leonard Pope

29. NYJ LB Thomas Howard

30. IND CB Antonio Cromartie

31. SEA CB Ashton Yobouty

32. PITT WR Sinorice Moss

Tom

I applaud the outside-the-box thinking...but if this is meant to reflect how the draft will actually unfold, I'm afraid you lost me.

NO.

Why would The Saints take AJ Hawk when they could trade a good bit down and get extra pick for their spot and still get him.

harsh.link to your mock draft?
linkI called it junk for the following reasons:

1. AJ Hawk at #2 sounds like a 'recent rumor' pick. Not the worst selection, but it made me take note.

2. Tennessee is as reliable a QB lock as there is. Hell, the owner has basically guaranteed that the team will take a QB, so Mario Williams is a head-scratcher.

3. If Leinert, VY, & Cutler are all on the board, I don't think it's possible for the Jets to take Ferguson.

4. It's impossible for Leinert to fall out of the top 10, for Cutler to be the first QB selected, and for no QBs to be taken in the top nine picks this year.

That's when I stopped paying attention, and filed it under junk.

harsh.link to your mock draft?
linkI called it junk for the following reasons:

1. AJ Hawk at #2 sounds like a 'recent rumor' pick. Not the worst selection, but it made me take note.

2. Tennessee is as reliable a QB lock as there is. Hell, the owner has basically guaranteed that the team will take a QB, so Mario Williams is a head-scratcher.

3. If Leinert, VY, & Cutler are all on the board, I don't think it's possible for the Jets to take Ferguson.

4. It's impossible for Leinert to fall out of the top 10, for Cutler to be the first QB selected, and for no QBs to be taken in the top nine picks this year.

That's when I stopped paying attention, and filed it under junk.
thanks for the analysis. :thumbup: i'm too lazy to do my own mock, so i don't pick on people who do.

NO.

Why would The Saints take AJ Hawk when they could trade a good bit down and get extra pick for their spot and still get him.
Who would be willing to trade with them?

I applaud the outside-the-box thinking...but if this is meant to reflect how the draft will actually unfold, I'm afraid you lost me.
Why would you applaud that way of thinking if it is so far off base?When Grady Little left Pedro Martinez in the game 3 years ago to blow the 7th game of the ALCS, did you applaud his outside-the-box thinking?

I think people might have been a bit more ready to "let some stuff slide" if there had been any reasoning given behind the picks.

This might be the worst mock I have seen this year and that is saying a lot. Thinking outside of the box is one thing but ignoring all reason is another. There is about as much chance of this happening as.......I can't even think of anything outrageous enough to plug in here......

I think people might have been a bit more ready to "let some stuff slide" if there had been any reasoning given behind the picks.
At this point I won't get into the reasoning with a few exceptions.Does NO need a LB or a DE more?

Does TENN need a DE or a QB more?

Does OAK need a DB ?

Guys, if you all believe that Leinart will go to TENN cause Chow is there or that ...

I went against the grain and without trades.

I expect the QB's will fall, because of the limitations, same as the RB's

Send me the link to your mock, just one of you though. No need for more than one since they will all look the same.

Tom

Just because you make a bunch of ridiculous picks doesn't mean it is a creative mock, it just means you threw together a bunch of junk that would never happen and then didn't back up why you think it might.

lol at all the draft experts in here. Less than a month before the draft last year the great Mel Kiper had Aaron Rodgers going #1. Unless you are an actual NFL scout, your opinion is no better than ffchamp1's or anyone else's at this point.

I like this mock more than most others. While I agree that Leinart won't fall to #13, it looks like he's not projecting trades. I think if you look past the few glaring inconsistencies, a great deal of these picks are rock-solid.

At this point I won't get into the reasoning with a few exceptions.Does NO need a LB or a DE more?

Does OAK need a DB ?

Guys, if you all believe that Leinart will go to TENN cause Chow is there or that ...

Send me the link to your mock, just one of you though. No need for more than one since they will all look the same.

Tom
The link to my mock is in this thread.The main issue is this: Leinert is considered an A-1, top-grade, potential franchise QB. Never has a guy rated that high fallen out of the top 5. The last time a QB didn't go in the top 5 was 2000, when Chad Pennington was the first QB taken at 1.18. Leinert grades out as a much better prospect than Pennington - played in a major conference, won the national championship twice and went to a third, etc. '96-'97 were two other years with no QBs in the top 5, and the top QBs those years were Jim Druckenmiller and Tony Banks.

Here's a list of QBs who went top-5 in the last ten years. After reading them, I think you'll understand why projecting Leinert & Young both out of the top 5 is ridiculous:

Alex Smith

Eli Manning

Phil Rivers

Carson Palmer

David Carr

Joey Harrington

Michael Vick

Tim Couch

Donovan McNabb

Akili Smith

Peyton Manning

Ryan Leaf

Steve McNair

Kerry Collins

There's no way that Leinert isn't as good or better a prospect than at least half the guys on this list, and I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks Young belongs there too.

Certainly, the quality of QB available this year is much higher than in the years where no QB is taken in the top 5.

QB.VandenBosch....and LaBoy/Odom a young tandem that rotates well.

QB...McNair who may not even be around much longer, and Volek who now has I think 1 year left on his contract....

They need a QB.

Does OAK need a DB ?

Tom
The link to my mock is in this thread.The main issue is this: Leinert is considered an A-1, top-grade, potential franchise QB. Never has a guy rated that high fallen out of the top 5. The last time a QB didn't go in the top 5 was 2000, when Chad Pennington was the first QB taken at 1.18. Leinert grades out as a much better prospect than Pennington - played in a major conference, won the national championship twice and went to a third, etc. '96-'97 were two other years with no QBs in the top 5, and the top QBs those years were Jim Druckenmiller and Tony Banks.

Here's a list of QBs who went top-5 in the last ten years. After reading them, I think you'll understand why projecting Leinert & Young both out of the top 5 is ridiculous:

Alex Smith

Eli Manning

Phil Rivers

Carson Palmer

David Carr

Joey Harrington

Michael Vick

Tim Couch

Donovan McNabb

Akili Smith

Peyton Manning

Ryan Leaf

Steve McNair

Kerry Collins

There's no way that Leinert isn't as good or better a prospect than at least half the guys on this list, and I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks Young belongs there too.

Certainly, the quality of QB available this year is much higher than in the years where no QB is taken in the top 5.
Alex Smith went #1, rightAaron Rodgers, didn't go #2,3,4 or 5 did he?

He fell because there were teams that had bigger needs than a QB.

My mistake with this mock was not the picks, it was not explaining it.

I guess I could have done your mock from a couple of days ago (but I would have just copied it like you did) and been like the rest or I could have just logged on and dismissed it the way you did mine.

Not a big deal, in the end it was a properly titled mock and will hit and miss on as many as anyone elses.

I just took the same players, and put them in a different order based on what I FELT was that teams needs, not what you felt.

Thanks for the press though

Tom

QB.VandenBosch....and LaBoy/Odom a young tandem that rotates well.

QB...McNair who may not even be around much longer, and Volek who now has I think 1 year left on his contract....

They need a QB.
Would they be better with Mario Williams and Brodie Croyle or by selecting Leinart?Tom

Nothing wrong with having Mario Williams going to Tennessee...many have him as the top rated prospect in the draft. Head Coach Jeff Fisher is from a defensive background and has had great success with Defensive Ends like Jevon Kearse and the previously mentioned Vanden Bosch. Don't see a big issue with that at all
I do not disagree from a standpoint of Williams' overall rating and signability. If the Titans have him rated as a higher DE prospect than any of the 3 QB rate as a QB prospect and have given the matter enough due diligence to determine Leinhart, Young or Culter could prove difficult to sign; have a ridiculous bonus requirement and look like a long spring/early summer lockout, it could happen. Yes, the Titans have made every indication that they will be taking a QB but, if economics and ease of business begin to enter into this equation at any point, stranger things have happened.Off the top of my head Peppers is the last DE taken that high. If am wrong, then correct the error but the point being the Panthers' ROI on tht pick is far greater than what Detroit saw in Harrington. Carr, Peppers, Harrington...That is not comparing Young, Cutler or Leinhart's talent or skill level to Harrington. It does, show, though that Williams is not a pick that would be completely unrealistic. Doubt it happens but I understand why it might.

Would they be better with Mario Williams and Brodie Croyle or by selecting Leinart?

Tom
Depends what they look to with their next pick.But I would not see them even targeting Croyle. After McNair's injury history...do we want another oft injurred QB?

But give them say....DQwell Jackson in the 2nd...

And I think that fills a bigger need in getting an LB...plus a QB the caliber of Leinart or Young.

I just do not see DE as a position of need at all early in this draft...no matter how good Mario may be. They invested quite alot of draft picks there 2 years ago and seem pretty happy with what they have there.

I appreciate anyone taking the time to do a mock, although I will agree that it is a much better read when there is some explanation with the picks.

You made a comment that you picked based on team needs for each of the picks. This should only be part of the equation. You need to factor in other things such as a GM's tendencies, draft history, their thoughts on younger players currently on the roster, etc. Postional need is only one small piece of the puzzle.

Thanks for the effort. I would like to read your analysis if you choose to do it in the future.

1. HOU- RB Reggie Bush went #2

2. NO-LB AJ Hawk went #5

3. TEN- DL Mario Williams went #1

4. NYJ OT- D'BRickshaw Ferguson #4

5. GB- DT Haloli Ngata #12...big error

6. SF- TE Vernon Davis #6

7. OAK- S Michael Huff #7

8. BUF- OT Winston Justice Not in the first at all

9. DET- LB Ernie SIms #9

10. ARI- QB Jay Cutler #11

11. RAMS- CB Tye Hill traded down and took him at #15

12. CLE-DT Broderick Bunkley #14

13. BALT- QB Matt Leinart #10 (got blasted for having him drop, but he did

14. PHI- WR Chad Jackson not in first

15. DEN- RB Deangelo WIlliams went to CAR

16. MIA WR Santonio Holmes went to PIT

17. MIN QB Vince Young went to TENN at #3...very wrong

18. DAL LB Bobby Carpenter #18

19. SD- DB Dante Whitner Went higher to #8

20. KC- Jimmy WIlliams Not in the first

21. NE DE/LB Kamerion Wimbley went to CLE at #12

22. DEN- DE Manny Lawson went at #22 but to SF

23 TB- LB Demeco Ryans went at #33

24. CIN CB Jonathan Joseph #24

25. NYG LB Chad Greenway #17

26. CHI CB Kelly Jennings #31

27. CAR RB Lendale White Not in first

28. JAX TE Leonard Pope not in first, went Lewis instead

29. NYJ LB Thomas Howard not in first

30. IND CB Antonio Cromartie went to SD

31. SEA CB Ashton Yobouty not in first

32. PITT WR Sinorice Moss not in first

Tom
early draft on the 17th...had some good calls that were blasted and some errors that were pretty big

Users who are viewing this thread