What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another mundane house chores pole - TRASH PICKUP (1 Viewer)

DO you grab your half full bag to take it to the curb?

• Yes

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 53.2%

• Total voters

belljr

Footballguy
Trash pick up is weekly.   Your kitchen trash is a standard 10-12 gallon can.  

Your trash can is half full with generic garbage, no dead carcasses.

Trash night/morning - you are taking out the garbage.   

Do you take the half full bag OUT?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're asking about taking the barrel to the street. Sometimes. In the summer, yes. In the winter, no.

Kitchen bag to the barrel? I do that every day.

More poll options? 

If you're asking about taking the barrel to the street. Sometimes. In the summer, yes. In the winter, no.

More poll options? 
You empty your house trash EVERY DAY?  What size is your kitchen trash can and how many animals do you have living there?

I feel like we may fill up a 15 gallon trash can every 3 - 4 days.  I take it out to the can/barrel when it's full.  I also push it down regularly, which is something my wife almost never does.  She'll yell "Honey, the trash is full, can you take it out?"  And I'll walk over and just shove it down and it'll be like 1/2 full.  

She always wants the bag taken out right before pick-up, even if it's only 1/2 full...but I don't usually do it if left to my own devices.

More poll options? 
No I'm asking the day you take the barrel to the curb.  Do you grab the half full bag to also take to the curb

Depends - most of the time no because we have two cans (6 people in the house) and a typical week we won’t run out of room.  The exceptions to this are when I know there’s something in that half bag that I don’t want sitting all week or if I know I’m going to be throwing out more than usual - yard work, cleaning the garage or Christmas.

Voted no.

You empty your house trash EVERY DAY?  What size is your kitchen trash can and how many animals do you have living there?

I feel like we may fill up a 15 gallon trash can every 3 - 4 days.  I take it out to the can/barrel when it's full.  I also push it down regularly, which is something my wife almost never does.  She'll yell "Honey, the trash is full, can you take it out?"  And I'll walk over and just shove it down and it'll be like 1/2 full.  

She always wants the bag taken out right before pick-up, even if it's only 1/2 full...but I don't usually do it if left to my own devices.
Just the kitchen bag because it's likely to have smelly food stuff. I use the small plastic bags that I get from the grocery store. I don't have a kitchen garbage can.

We generate less than one kitchen bag per week of trash.  I just take ours into our business dumpster whenever our bag is full.

We generate less than one kitchen bag per week of trash.  I just take ours into our business dumpster whenever our bag is full.
How many people in your house?  We have 6 and my wife is SAHM (who does part-time work) and she cooks a decent amount.  We average a bag a day.  

Depends what kind of food product is in there.  And I always do it in the summer since the trash barrel is in the garage, which gets up to about 1800 degrees.

hmm maybe I did not word this correctly.

You are taking all your accumulated trash fro the week/CAN out to the Curb no matter what.

Are you grabbing that half of bag in your kitchen no matter what to also put on the curb.

hmm maybe I did not word this correctly.

You are taking all your accumulated trash fro the week/CAN out to the Curb no matter what.

Are you grabbing that half of bag in your kitchen no matter what to also put on the curb.
I understood it perfectly.  If it's summer, I'm taking the half bag out for pickup, as I don't want it sitting in my hot garage for another week.

Usually will toss it (or the wife already has) but I’m also usually cleaning out the fridge of any leftovers / questionable produce on trash day too

I voted no because I don't do it because the truck is coming, but like Brun I take the trash out every evening.  We cook every night and having stinky food in there bugs my wife so I take it out every evening.

This would be a good pole - using those little bags or not.  I feel like it’s a waste to toss them each time so we use them but only take the bag when necessary 
We use the bags, but I generally take the half full bag with me around to the other rooms and dump those into the big bag. We have a tiny garbage can in the bedroom, the only thing in there would be empty water bottles and empty allergy medicine stuff. 

Trash pick up is weekly.   Your kitchen trash is a standard 10-12 gallon can.  

Your trash can is half full with generic garbage, no dead carcasses.

Trash night/morning - you are taking out the garbage.   

Do you take the half full bag OUT?
Yes, if...

I know I have room in the bin

-AND- 

I am worried about volume for next week. 

My wife and I have ‘extra trash’ in the basement. Meaning things that we need to toss and are used to fill up the bin. Like old clothes that aren’t really good enough to donate, other materials from house projects etc. 

Ugh....I needed this pole yesterday to remind me to take the trash out this morning!  Missed our weekly pickup again.   :hot:

I only posted this because surprise my wife is crazy with this.  Last night don't forget to grab the kitchen trash.  And I say it's not even half-full and it's just papers and stuff.   But they're picking up the trash tomorrow!!!!;;

During the summer I will take it out at least daily because of ants.

Yes to weekly trash pick up day no matter what.  

If there's nothing disgusting in the can, I usually dump all the small cans into it, then take it out night before trash pick up.  If there's nothing in the other cans, I just leave it.

Even though we have trash pickup 3 times per week I like to hoard my trash inside for as long as possible. You know, for the vermin. Voted smoo. 

explain yourself
Household of one.

I throw away very little on a daily basis. Mostly food wrappers and food scraps like orange peels and tomato cores since I don’t have a disposal. I don’t have other food waste since I only buy what I’ll make and eat everything I make.

Trash bags are always sealed with a twist tie and neatly placed in the garbage can which helps with any odors. The biggest wrench is something like throwing away an old furnace filter.  

I take the can to the curb probably about once every 6 to 8 weeks. I have to buy a sticker for trash pickup so my frugality plays a role.

I take out the recycling to the curb more frequently for what it’s worth.

If somebody is stopping at your house to take all of your trash away, might as well let them take all of it, even a half full bag.

on trash day, i'll take the 1/2 full one and go around emptying all the other small trash cans into it...kids rooms, bathrooms, etc. Usually fills it up enough to take out then. 
Same. No kids, but I can usually find enough things around the house to fill the rest of the bag.

not voting 

If there's food in the garbage I'll take it out and to the curb.

Non food items, probably won't take it out. 

I have to buy a sticker for trash pickup so my frugality plays a role.
"When I was a kid..." nobody in my neighborhood paid for trash pick up with the exception of an old couple and that was rare. You'd just load up the car once every few weeks and hit the dump. Nice that all the wagons were dual-functional for trash and children.

I kinda like when they don't come on the day they're supposed to because I don't have to take the cans in. It's like an unexpected gift at the end of the day.

Jesus, I can’t fathom you guys who generate only like a bag of trash a week. In my house we bring out several bags of trash per day.  In a few days we fill two huge trash cans, and often have to place extra bags on top if it’s over a weekend or something till the next pickup.

Jesus, I can’t fathom you guys who generate only like a bag of trash a week. In my house we bring out several bags of trash per day.  In a few days we fill two huge trash cans, and often have to place extra bags on top if it’s over a weekend or something till the next pickup.
Do you recycle? It is only the wife and I. I would say we have twice as much recycle as we do trash.

Glass bottles. We aren’t as good about other stuff as we should be. 
My wife is psycho recycler. It's entertaining after we entertain to watch her go thru the trash can fishing out the recycle. Plastic, paper, cardboard, etc. If we didn't recycle, we would likely have at least two bags a week.

Users who are viewing this thread