What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another shocking steroid revelation (1 Viewer)

:shrug:Sammy Sosa. Theyre talking about it on WFAN. He tested positive in 2003.
Was this before or after the reporter (Rick Reilly?) took him up on his offer to go get him tested and caused Sammy to get all bent out of shape?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised when I read this only because I had forgotten that this hadn't already been confirmed.

Sosa gets caught using steroids and a corked bat in the same year. What a joke.

The lawyers who had knowledge of Sosa’s inclusion on the 2003 list did not know the substance for which Sosa tested positive. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified as discussing material that is sealed by a court order.
full link

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised when I read this only because I had forgotten that this hadn't already been confirmed.Sosa gets caught using steroids and a corked bat in the same year. What a joke.
Don't forget that he forgot how to to speak English in front of Congress too. Awesome guy.

I was surprised when I read this only because I had forgotten that this hadn't already been confirmed.Sosa gets caught using steroids and a corked bat in the same year. What a joke.
Well remember Sosa didn't mean to use a corked bat. He just grabbed the wrong bat.I'm sure this positive test was just the result of him being diabetic or something and looking for his insulin, but grabbing the wrong needle.

Ryan Sandberg must be happy. in his HOF speech, he made a case for Dawson to belong in the HOF, but left out Sosa and made sure to send a subtle jab while praising Dawson.

Andre Dawson, the Hawk. No player in baseball history worked harder, suffered more or did it better than Andre Dawson. He's the best I've ever seen. Stand up Hawk. The Hawk. I watched him win MVP for a last place team in 1987 and it was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in baseball. He did it the right way, the natural way and he did it in the field and on the bases and in every way, and I hope he will stand up here 4 someday.

Just got off the phone with one of my Cub fan friends. He was the only one I know that still claimed Sosa was "clean."

He seems a bit shellshocked now.

These leaks are really starting to piss me off. These lawyers need to be found and thrown in jail for the maximum sentence. This isnt a case of the information being necessary for the public good. The lawyers that report these stories should be found in criminal contempt as well. Do these people honestly think disclosing some cheating in baseball is more important than the integrity of the justice system?

boubucarow said:
:homer: here.We :homer:s all knew by now. It was just a matter of when we realized it.
:unsure: In 98, didn't want to believe it. By 2003, yeah..........pretty well knew what was up.

dparker713 said:
These leaks are really starting to piss me off. These lawyers need to be found and thrown in jail for the maximum sentence. This isnt a case of the information being necessary for the public good. The lawyers that report these stories should be found in criminal contempt as well. Do these people honestly think disclosing some cheating in baseball is more important than the integrity of the justice system?
:bowtie:

dparker713 said:
:mellow:glllllllllllllllll

T Bell said:
dparker713 said:
:goodposting:glllllllllllllllll
The leaks in the beginning of the case have already resulted in sentence for 2.5 years - the maximum under the guidelines.

dude. where's the surprise. athletes will do whatever they can to stay on top, particular when everyone else is trying to "stay on top" with 'roids. No doubt they pick it up in college and once they get the edge it's hard to stop, 'specially when your chasing crowns.

dude. where's the surprise. athletes will do whatever they can to stay on top, particular when everyone else is trying to "stay on top" with 'roids. No doubt they pick it up in college and once they get the edge it's hard to stop, 'specially when your chasing crowns.
College? Try High School.

Users who are viewing this thread