What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antone Smith Hype Train (1 Viewer)

I think officially he has 4 carries, which they said is the most he has ever had in a game in his career.  Fitting he would fumble.  (He has had 2 carries brought back due to penalties).  Everything after this should be considered bonus!

On his fumble the exchange was super awkward and the DE came through untouched.

Anyway he looks good, much better than I thought. It looks like it's only a matter of time before he breaks off a big one.

On his fumble the exchange was super awkward and the DE came through untouched.

Anyway he looks good, much better than I thought. It looks like it's only a matter of time before he breaks off a big one.
I agree.  On every play he does look like a big play about to happen.  I wonder why he has never had a bigger involvement with a team.  Seems like there is a lot of potential talent there.

I can't get over how many experts talked this guy up all week, and like a sucker bought into the hype. I could have used that pickup on a lotto ticket back like Perkins, and just got my 3-5 pts from TJ Yeldon. Man did I goof by not trading for Booker early in the season to cover CJ Anderson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still got 7 from him but a little underwhelming. He did look good when he wasn't fumbling the ball.  To be fair, this probably all Donovan Smith's fault.  He was a turn style last night.

Man, my RB3 slot this year is the equivalent of the drummer for Spinal Tap. Woodhead, Quizz and now Smith. Maybe I need someone taller than 5'9"?

CentralPA said:
I still got 7 from him but a little underwhelming. He did look good when he wasn't fumbling the ball.  To be fair, this probably all Donovan Smith's fault.  He was a turn style last night.
Yeah that Smith dude was annoying me all night. He seemed almost disinterested and Winston was paying the price as well. How that guy is starting is beyond me.

Yeah that Smith dude was annoying me all night. He seemed almost disinterested and Winston was paying the price as well. How that guy is starting is beyond me.
I watched him at PSU, he was their best OL during the sanction years that hurt the most.  That unit was "almost" the worst in the country I think.  Smith might be a good guard or backup tackle but that's about his ceiling.

I watched him at PSU, he was their best OL during the sanction years that hurt the most.  That unit was "almost" the worst in the country I think.  Smith might be a good guard or backup tackle but that's about his ceiling.
Guy looked like he was running through treacle in slow motion last night. He looked awful

CentralPA said:
I thought he looked good when he had the ball. Part of the problem was that the Bucs were down so early. Smith fumbled it 1 time, right? And it was on a handoff where Winston didn't appear to give him the ball correctly. It looked like Smith never fully got the ball as Winston held onto it a while. I don't know if I'd blame Smith for that as it seemed to be a 50/50 blame there.

I thought he looked good when he had the ball. Part of the problem was that the Bucs were down so early. Smith fumbled it 1 time, right? And it was on a handoff where Winston didn't appear to give him the ball correctly. It looked like Smith never fully got the ball as Winston held onto it a while. I don't know if I'd blame Smith for that as it seemed to be a 50/50 blame there.
Yes, GP.  It looks like Winston had a poor hand off but I think it was because he noticed a Falcon DE barrelling down both of them.  It was just a :tfp: of a play.

The coaching staff doesn't hate Barber enough to not name him the starter.   That's good for Barber and bad for Smith.  Barber started,  played well, and he's also only a young 22.  I think the early season hate from the staff was just lack of trusting a rookie who hasn't proven he can handle the passing game situation.   

Last edited by a moderator:
The coaching staff doesn't hate him enough to not name him the starter.   That's good...  He started,  played well, and he's also only a young 22.  I think the early season hate from the staff was just lack of trusting a rookie who hasn't proven he can handle the passing game situation.   
Are you talking about Smith?  He's 31.

Mike James is the reason this didn't work out. Towards the end of the first half when they were in the hurry up he had a couple drives to himself.

####### Mike James.
The writing was on the wall for this a LITTLE. I keep going back to the fact that he was 3rd in camp and they signed him back as soon as they could. 

The writing was on the wall for this a LITTLE. I keep going back to the fact that he was 3rd in camp and they signed him back as soon as they could.
Yup. I read what @JFS171 had to say about the injury settlement and how he would have made the team ahead of Barber. I was just hoping that on the shortest of weeks he wouldn't be very involved. It certainly was apart of the range of possibilities. So was Smith not tearing his ACL before racking up catching on Glennon's garbage time drive.  :shrug:

If I had to choose I'd also rather James instead of Barber moving forward but luckily this is the last time I'll be looking towards to backfield for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread