What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody concerned about Westbrooks workload (1 Viewer)

DrJamesAndrews Fan

Footballguy
Westy had 33 carries and 9 receptions last week, over 60 carries the last 2 weeks. Anybody concerned about the workload catching up with him at the wrong time? 2 more weeks of heavy workload would be nice.

I definitely am. I think they should keep him at about 10-15 touches this week and I'm not being biased due to the fact that I'm playing against him. :lmao:

I definitely am. I think they should keep him at about 10-15 touches this week and I'm not being biased due to the fact that I'm playing against him. :unsure:
My thoughts exactly. Limit him to about 5 touches this week I am thinking. To answer the OP, I would not be that concerned. Westy is who he is. If I owned him I would be licking my chops at this matchup.

He's as healthy as he's been all season, and the Eagles need to win out... They aren't going to ease up Westbrooks workload, and he seems up to the task- barring actual injury- I don't think he's going to wear down- esp with the lightened workload earlier in the season due to missed games, etc

I also believe they should save him for the playoffs. They're a lock. Give him a rest and let him recover!

*prays this works on the Football gods...*

Westy had 33 carries and 9 receptions last week, over 60 carries the last 2 weeks. Anybody concerned about the workload catching up with him at the wrong time? 2 more weeks of heavy workload would be nice.
Not really concerned seeing as how many of those times he went for touchdowns and never took a hit. :lmao:

Westbrook got so many touches because Buckhalter has been hurt. Buckhalter is back this week, and will get touches. Westbrook will see the ball less this week.

Westbrook got so many touches because Buckhalter has been hurt. Buckhalter is back this week, and will get touches. Westbrook will see the ball less this week.
True...little chance he gets another 39 touches :confused: (20-25 is a safe bet though)

He's as healthy as he's been all season, and the Eagles need to win out... They aren't going to ease up Westbrooks workload, and he seems up to the task- barring actual injury- I don't think he's going to wear down- esp with the lightened workload earlier in the season due to missed games, etc
Westy is the eagles O. buckhalter will get some touches, but Westy is getting resty. he'll be big this week. the dude just makes it happen.

Limited yesterday, still no concern?
Brian Westbrook (knee) returned to a limited practice Friday and is listed as probable for Monday night's game.Westbrook is all systems go to face Cleveland and can confidently be in fantasy lineups despite taking some practice time off earlier in the week.Source RotoWorldNo concerns, Probable means he's good to go

Limited yesterday, still no concern?
Brian Westbrook (knee) returned to a limited practice Friday and is listed as probable for Monday night's game.Westbrook is all systems go to face Cleveland and can confidently be in fantasy lineups despite taking some practice time off earlier in the week.Source RotoWorldNo concerns, Probable means he's good to go
probable for Westy is like anyone else being 100%

So the guy is hotter than anyone in the league right now? Sorry, I'm gonna ride that train for as long as I can....

Brian Westbrook, RB PHI

News: The Eagles held Brian Westbrook (ankle, knee) out of practice Saturday, but he is expected to play Sunday against the Browns, according to head coach Andy Reid. "[We’re] just trying to maintain the swelling; getting the swelling out of his knee," said Reid. "He practiced [Friday] and did well; didn't have any swelling. We went on turf [saturday] and didn't want any to re-accumulate in there."

CBS Sportsline source

Westy had 33 carries and 9 receptions last week, over 60 carries the last 2 weeks. Aody concerned about the workload catching up with him at the wrong time? 2 more weeks of heavy workload would be nice.
i think the question you gotta ask is "why has Westbrook been getting so many touches?". the answer ofcourse is because they need to win now to salvage the season and in get in the playoffs. Reid, McNabb, they could be both tossed or decide to leave next year if this team doesn't make the playoffs. As a Westy owner myself, im not too worried about this week. i think he's in for atleast 20 touches, which is fine w/ me. but im worried what happens if the Eagles lose this week. theyre close to missing the playoffs. if they lose this week, they might decide its not worth it to grind down on westbrook. hes in pretty bad shape and they're giving him a lot of carries. a win by the eagles keeps westy in as a player next week. not saying that they'll pull the plug on him if they lose, but he might lose some playing time.

They were limiting his touches with a heavy rotation of Buckhalter vs Cleveland.

Westbrook did not show burst or lateral quickness during the game, his ability to cut was just not there.

He was swarmed on run plays just off the line of scrimmage but he didn't seem to make anyone miss into the game.

Is he a start this week at Washington?

Yes, because the game is on grass and Washington should not be as easy as Cleveland to pass to WRs at will on.

They were limiting his touches with a heavy rotation of Buckhalter vs Cleveland.Westbrook did not show burst or lateral quickness during the game, his ability to cut was just not there.He was swarmed on run plays just off the line of scrimmage but he didn't seem to make anyone miss into the game.Is he a start this week at Washington?Yes, because the game is on grass and Washington should not be as easy as Cleveland to pass to WRs at will on.
WOW....were you watching the same game I was? Seriously...your analyses is waaaaay off. Westbrook looked good, very good. Philly limited his touches because they didn't really need him to dominate the Browns. He still averaged close to 5 yards per carry, despite running in mostly obvious running situations (no draws, no 3rd and long runs or even second and long runs). He was wide open on several passing plays, but McNabb usually found another wide open target further downfield.Those who made the playoffs without a big game from Westy should be ecstatic. He'll be healthy and ready to go for your FFL championship game!

They were limiting his touches with a heavy rotation of Buckhalter vs Cleveland.Westbrook did not show burst or lateral quickness during the game, his ability to cut was just not there.He was swarmed on run plays just off the line of scrimmage but he didn't seem to make anyone miss into the game.Is he a start this week at Washington?Yes, because the game is on grass and Washington should not be as easy as Cleveland to pass to WRs at will on.
WOW....were you watching the same game I was? Seriously...your analyses is waaaaay off. Westbrook looked good, very good. Philly limited his touches because they didn't really need him to dominate the Browns. He still averaged close to 5 yards per carry, despite running in mostly obvious running situations (no draws, no 3rd and long runs or even second and long runs). He was wide open on several passing plays, but McNabb usually found another wide open target further downfield.Those who made the playoffs without a big game from Westy should be ecstatic. He'll be healthy and ready to go for your FFL championship game!
Yep, same game.The one where he averaged 3.3 yards per rush.I guess that is pretty close to 5 yards a carry, it's only 66 percent off.Were his 67 total yards really 101 yards in the game you watched?

jim k said:
renesauz said:
jim k said:
Yep, same game.The one where he averaged 3.3 yards per rush.I guess that is pretty close to 5 yards a carry, it's only 66 percent off.Were his 67 total yards really 101 yards in the game you watched?
I stand corrected on his stats...but not on how he looked/played in general. I didn't see the same big gaping holes he had against the Cardinals. I saw a Browns team playing very conservative and maintaining their rushing lanes. IE: Westbrook never had huge holes to run through. He consistantly fell forward and had only one or two slight negative rushes the whole game. His touches were certainly limited, but it wasn't because of effectiveness. If you look at the game log...you'll find a bunch of 4 yard runs on first downs.

Users who are viewing this thread