What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody host their league at ESPN? (1 Viewer)

isuvike

Footballguy
I've used leagues at Yahoo (no free live scoring) and AOL (don't care much for the interface, but is very customizeable) but I see now that ESPN has free live scoring. Anybody have good/bad experiences with ESPN? Or are there any other good free sites that I should check out?

Thanks!

I hosted one league on Yahoo last year but went to ESPN this year for the live scoring and being able to set the league up in divisions. So I guess we'll both see!

I was on there last year and it was absolutely terrible. The interface is bad, the live scoring didn't work AT ALL, and it was down a lot. Basically a huge pain. Best to either pay or use yahoo.

Last year, I had a few leagues on ESPN and wasn't all that happy. Too many features were "Pay" and they were always dangling just enough #### in front of you before the ... Upgrade to the silver package to see this feature now" to drive you crazy.

Also, don't let any people in blind from ESPN as many people sign up for 20-30 leagues to try to perfect their "autodraft" rankings and never participate in the league itself.

I've used leagues at Yahoo (no free live scoring) and AOL (don't care much for the interface, but is very customizeable) but I see now that ESPN has free live scoring. Anybody have good/bad experiences with ESPN? Or are there any other good free sites that I should check out?Thanks!
I have used ESPN for 2 years now, with this year being my 3rd. The first year was awful, but last year was much improved. I am going to keep using it. Somedays, I need to refresh the page to get updates, but that isnt that big of a deal. I like the layout and the accessibility of everything, along with the updates that ESPN provides

this will be my third year with ESPN, it is not very customizable compared to some sites like MFL, but it is free this year so that is good

the only issues I had were in the first week or two of the season (every year) their servers seemed to be overloaded and the real time scoring suffered....by week 3 they had things up and running fine

3rd year in ESPN. Like the divisions setups. I like the mock draft lobby and live draft results pages (gives ADPs). And this year they are adding live scoring even to non-Insider players. Looking forward to it.

both of my leagues use espn; one uses league manager and the other is a regular "premium" league. i don't remember any problems with live scoring last year but i did have some trouble with the pre-ranking and draft interfaces. they've made some additional changes this year so hopefully all goes well. be sure and turn off your firewall if you use the java draft application jic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had several leagues on ESPN. They were awful.

If you're looking for a free site with live scoring I'd go with EA sports. The interface is ugly but it works (more than I can say for ESPN). If you want a lot of bang for your buck with a fully customizable site at a very reasonable price I'd go with myfantasyleague.com.

Users who are viewing this thread