What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody trading for Ronnie Brown? (1 Viewer)

DrJamesAndrews Fan

Footballguy
Anybody targeting Ronnie B? After 2 subpar weeks in a row versus Ravens & Bills, now may be the time to get him. He has Denver, Seattle, Oak, Stl, and San Fran week 15, and KC week 16. Only tough ones are NE & Bills again.

I just got him for R Moss.

Anybody targeting Ronnie B? After 2 subpar weeks in a row versus Ravens & Bills, now may be the time to get him. He has Denver, Seattle, Oak, Stl, and San Fran week 15, and KC week 16. Only tough ones are NE & Bills again. I just got him for R Moss.
I traded him AWAY. I have Portis and Barber as my starting RB's, and Hightower and Fargas as back-ups. I traded him straight up for Roddy White to round out my WR corps.I agree his schedule is favorable, but I think that his production isn't going to stay where it was. He still splits carries with Ricky, and I just think the Wild-Cat offense has lost some of its surprise and effectiveness since teams can prep for it more now.

Anybody targeting Ronnie B? After 2 subpar weeks in a row versus Ravens & Bills, now may be the time to get him. He has Denver, Seattle, Oak, Stl, and San Fran week 15, and KC week 16. Only tough ones are NE & Bills again.

I own Moss in one league and Brown in the other. I am :goodposting: that you traded away Moss for Brown. I agree that Brown is a buy low candidate but I think you could've got more for Moss based on name and potential. NE has a cake walk schedule and Cassel has been targeting Moss more and more. I would have at least tried to sell Moss high.

I'm trying to get Brown but no response from his owner. Not sure what's a fair price for him though. I would be curious to see what others are giving up for him.

Rounders said:
I'm trying to get Brown but no response from his owner. Not sure what's a fair price for him though. I would be curious to see what others are giving up for him.
I've been considering offering Barber for Brown/Boldin. But I'm carrying Portis, CJ3, T. Jones and FatWhale also at RB and am a bit thin behind Calvin at WR. Not sure if it's a great deal or will work, but I like Brown's schedule in the playoffs and Barber's is tough.

I just traded away Brown for Reggie Wayne. Needed more help at WR and Brown wasn't a starter anyhow.

Personally I think Brown's upcoming schedule is the best thing he has going for him. Ricky (while less talented IMO) is still going to be a big factor in taking touches away. Not to mention the Phins seem to be passing more lately

Not to mention the Phins seem to be passing more lately
Funny. That's the main reason I'm liking Ronnie more. The best thing that could happen to him is for Pennington to keep winning games against defenses willing to stack the box. These things ebb and flow and a balanced attack is never a bad thing.

Just offered Braylon and Jacobs for RBrown and RoyWilliams.

Braylon is my 3rd WR that should be on my bench anyway. I love RBrown's schedule compared to Jacobs.

I'm trying to get him. I'm offering the owner Chris Johnson straight up. I really think hes gonna explode these last few weeks. I have Steven Jackson and Slaton as my other two backs.

Traded Kevin Curtis and Donald Driver for him right after his stinker game against Baltimore a couple of weeks ago. There is some risk, but his 2nd half schedule is stacked with teams weak against the run.

Traded Jacobs for him straight up in one league. The guy jumped on it within minutes.

The same deal was turned down in another league. The guy looked at it long and hard. In the end he said he really wanted Jacobs but he Liked Ronnie's schedule too much.

Was offered Addai, Trent Edwards, and Eddie Royal for Ronnie and Lamont Jordan in a 12 team PPR Dynasty. Still haven't decided but probably going to turn it down.

I own Moss in one league and Brown in the other. I am :confused: that you traded away Moss for Brown. I agree that Brown is a buy low candidate but I think you could've got more for Moss based on name and potential. NE has a cake walk schedule and Cassel has been targeting Moss more and more. I would have at least tried to sell Moss high.
My other Wides are AJ & Brandon. When I traded LJ away for Moss in week 3 everyone said I was crazy, I am hoping it was the right time to move for Ronnie.

I'd take the Addai/Edwards/Royal side in a dynasty league in a heartbeat.
I'm not a fan of Addai (although I have Rhodes) and Ronnie is gold in PPR. With Gore and Ronnie I like my chances of winning at RB each week while Addai adds instability. Eddie Royal is making this a hard one to turn away.

in dynasty took ronnie/crotchery for LT a couple weeks ago.

now starting to get sellers remorse.

:unsure:

in dynasty took ronnie/crotchery for LT a couple weeks ago.now starting to get sellers remorse. :unsure:
I must be missing something... Ronnie has been a decent back this year. Nothing spectacular outside of the wildcat game against NE. I have Ronnie and Ricky in one league and I wouldn't consider him gold. Plus, just when we thought Ricky disappeared, he came back last week with a decent amount of carries. It doesn't look like Ricky is going away anytime soon. As for LT, this is the perfect time to buy. In fact, I am going to offer the LT owner Fitz straight up. LT's schedule (like Ronnie's) is very nice down the stretch. Plus, LT showed his explosiveness against NO and should be 100% after the bye.

I'd take the Addai/Edwards/Royal side in a dynasty league in a heartbeat.
I'm not a fan of Addai (although I have Rhodes) and Ronnie is gold in PPR. With Gore and Ronnie I like my chances of winning at RB each week while Addai adds instability. Eddie Royal is making this a hard one to turn away.
Please explain. In seven games R.B. has 12 receptions and 113 yards and zero TDs. Gold? This is not 2007. Fins coaching staff, QB, receivers, TE, back-up RBs, and o-line have all changed since last year. So far, RB is far better in std. formats than PPR leagues.

in dynasty took ronnie/crotchery for LT a couple weeks ago.now starting to get sellers remorse. :wub:
I must be missing something... Ronnie has been a decent back this year. Nothing spectacular outside of the wildcat game against NE. I have Ronnie and Ricky in one league and I wouldn't consider him gold. Plus, just when we thought Ricky disappeared, he came back last week with a decent amount of carries. It doesn't look like Ricky is going away anytime soon. As for LT, this is the perfect time to buy. In fact, I am going to offer the LT owner Fitz straight up. LT's schedule (like Ronnie's) is very nice down the stretch. Plus, LT showed his explosiveness against NO and should be 100% after the bye.
Dynasty

in dynasty took ronnie/crotchery for LT a couple weeks ago.now starting to get sellers remorse. :wub:
i agree. i might have made a mistake. probably should have kept LT, but i really needed some WR. probably could have gotten more than brown/crotchery.

Plus, just when we thought Ricky disappeared, he came back last week with a decent amount of carries. It doesn't look like Ricky is going away anytime soon.
:thumbup: 7 carries for 16 yards is decent amount of carries?
Yes, meaning it's more of a RBBC instead of a number 1 back. I am not saying that Ronnie doesn't have value but to trade away the likes of LT or Moss for him is a little :loco: IMO.

Rounders said:
Just got the verbal okay from the Brown owner on my deal (because I know you all care about my team)For those trying to gauge his value, 10 team league, standard scoring:I gave: B.Edwards & L.WhiteI got: B.Berrian & R.Brown

last 3 weeks...

13 carries

13 carries

14 carries

This is my biggest concern. Love his talent, but I don't think the coaching staff wants a "workhorse" back

Just pulled off the following:

sent: Brandon Jacobs and Calvin Johnson

received: Ronnie Brown and Desean Jackson

This is is a redraft league...

I don't think I would have pulled the trigger on this one in a dynasty.

I just traded:

Jamal Lewis + Aaron Rodgers

for

Ronnie Brown + Chad Johnson

In a 10 team 0.5 PPR league. We start 1QB and I already have Romo and Campbell rostered, so I thought this was a pretty great deal.

10 team redraft standard scoring.

traded

W. McGahee

D. Williams

for

R. Brown

JAX D

In this league I can start 2 RB's and a flex. RB 1 & 2 is LT and Turner so Brown will start Flex my 4 & 5 RB's are Grant and Norwood.

Figured I could lose some depth at RB and hope Brown exploits this schedule.

I gave an owner Eddie Royal straight up for him... right after his ankle was sprained no less.. couldn't believe he accepted but hey, thats FF

I just got Brown for D. Williams and S. Holmes. I have some depth and he had none. I'm 7-1 and looking for any advantage I can get in the playoffs.

In a dynasty format, would any Brown owners here take Steve Smith (CAR) for him? Or am I overpaying?

I like Brown alot, but his RBBC this year has me worried.

In a dynasty format, would any Brown owners here take Steve Smith (CAR) for him? Or am I overpaying?I like Brown alot, but his RBBC this year has me worried.
I have Brown in a dynasty and I probably wouldn't trade Brown away for Smith. It's pretty fair and rosters and need would probably matter but RB's are too hard to come by in a dynasty. Unless you have a high draft pick, it would be hard to replace Brown.The RBBC does not bother me in a dynasty. Williams continues to become less of a factor this year and that trend will only continue as they get older.

In a dynasty format, would any Brown owners here take Steve Smith (CAR) for him? Or am I overpaying?I like Brown alot, but his RBBC this year has me worried.
My initial thought was that I would take Smith for Brown in a dynasty league, but when I thought about it more I reasoned that if I were in a start up dynasty league right now I think Brown might be a late first/early second round pick. Smith would likely be a late second.Not sure if that would hold true because start up dyanasty leagues have a lot of fluctuation in perceived values from league to league, owner to owner - but for me personally, I am thinking that Brown holds a little more value.FWIW, I roster both players in my league - so no bias.

Traded for Brown in two leagues.

D Williams for Brown straight up. Standard scoring.

and

Turner + Z Miller for Brown + Cooley. PPR with TEs getting 1.5 ppr. Brown is basically my 4th back behind Lynch, Westy and C Johnson. Here I wanted him for the week 16 matchup vs KC where Turner has Minn.

puckalicious said:
I would do that if I didn't already own Smith but I have good RB depth ( Westy, R Brown, MJD, C Johnson, Ray Rice, Lendale, A Bradshaw) and actually would take an equivalent top WR for Brown as my high end depth at that position isn't as good.

puckalicious said:
I would do that if I didn't already own Smith but I have good RB depth ( Westy, R Brown, MJD, C Johnson, Ray Rice, Lendale, A Bradshaw) and actually would take an equivalent top WR for Brown as my high end depth at that position isn't as good.
That's basically the situation I'm in. Other team has Portis, ADP, Forte, and Brown. Talk about stacked. He has decent WRs in TO, Ward, Berrian, and Evans but he sounds interested in Smith.I offered Smith for Brown and TO, he countered with just Brown, I countered with Forte for Smith which I'm sure he'll nix. I'll just go with Smith for Brown I guess. Sorry for all the detail, kind of getting into AC material here.

In my league (14-teams, 3 lifetime keepers - no position limits, and .5 PPR), I traded Joseph Addai, Dwayne Bowe, and Steve Slaton for Larry Fitzgerald and Ronnie Brown. For me though, this was really about getting Larry Fitzgerald (already have Reggie Bush & Matt Forte plus Chris Johnson off the bench). I would have done the trade with or without Slaton and Brown included. So at least in my league, his value his similar to Steve Slaton.

Last edited by a moderator:
puckalicious said:
That's basically the situation I'm in. Other team has Portis, ADP, Forte, and Brown. Talk about stacked. He has decent WRs in TO, Ward, Berrian, and Evans but he sounds interested in Smith.I offered Smith for Brown and TO, he countered with just Brown, I countered with Forte for Smith which I'm sure he'll nix. I'll just go with Smith for Brown I guess. Sorry for all the detail, kind of getting into AC material here.
Try to get Evans and Brown. I like Evans going forwward better than TO anyway

puckalicious said:
Try to get Evans and Brown. I like Evans going forwward better than TO anyway
Ended up giving Smith and Mewelde Moore for Brown and Berrian.

The Portis owner is our keeper league traded Portis for Brown and McAllister. :confused: I still can't get my head around that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Portis owner is our keeper league traded Portis for Brown and McAllister. :goodposting: I still can't get my head around that one.
Yea that sounds a little nuts. Portis seems to be one of those guys that is schedule proof. He will deliver against anyone. On paper his schedule doesn't look the best though (@BAL, @CIN, PHI)

The Portis owner is our keeper league traded Portis for Brown and McAllister. :lmao: I still can't get my head around that one.
Yea that sounds a little nuts. Portis seems to be one of those guys that is schedule proof. He will deliver against anyone. On paper his schedule doesn't look the best though (@BAL, @CIN, PHI)
Yeah, he justified it by comparing playoff schedules and he also thought Portis would break down considering he touched the ball 372 times last year and is on pace for a similar load this year. The guy is starting to get dinged, but I can't see how you can give up one of the few RB's left in the league that don't share carries. RBBC is rampant in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread