What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone want to win some easy money in week 8 (1 Viewer)

laughinboy_2000

Footballguy
Colts -7

Why the HECK are the Panthers who are a winless team at home getting this much respect against a 7-0 team and the defending Superbowl champs? In my mind, it should be at least at -10, and maybe even higher than that. But 7 points is just not enough. The Colts are blowing people out and even if they are some how looking forward to the Pats next weekend, the Panthers are starting Carr and are playing at home. Not a good combination if you ask me.

Bet the bank, house, kids, and any thing else you can get your hands on! Colts will win by at least two TDs. :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
Colts -7

Why the HECK are the Panthers who are a winless team at home getting this much respect against a 7-0 team and the defending Superbowl champs? In my mind, it should be at least at -10, and maybe even higher than that. But 7 points is just not enough. The Colts are blowing people out and even if they are some how looking forward to the Pats next weekend, the Panthers are starting Carr and are playing at home. Not a good combination if you ask me.

Bet the bank, house, kids, and any thing else you can get your hands on! Colts will win by at least two TDs. :unsure:
Agree 100%. Carr sucks. The Panthers defense sucks. This will be a boring, methodical Colts romp....it's gonna look like a varsity vs. JV scrimmage.Manning will go for 300 and 3 TD's

Addai will put up 150 total yards and a score

Keth adds 80 total yards and a score, almost all in the second half.

Final score 35 - 3.

Lets see the public has been hammering the Colts all week and the line has barely moved. Be careful.

Some offshores (wsex -120 and intertops -115) are running 6 1/2 and BetCRIS is running -6 -110. That's a huge trap. A ton of teasers will have Indy -1/2 with amateur gamblers thinking Vegas has given them a freebie.

Don't be surprised if Carolina wins this game outright.

Colts -7

Bet the bank, house, kids, and any thing else you can get your hands on! Colts will win by at least two TDs. :popcorn:
I'm not a betting man, but I agree, I think the Colts will thrash the Carolina secondary. The colts just put up 29 points on the road against a much better defense.

Disclaimer: Yes I am a Panther fan, but....

The best chance for the Panthers to win this game believe it or not is Vinnie. I could see this line if he started. Carr has struggled since day ONE with reading defenses and has just not looked comfortable playing QB for the Panthers. The Panthers are rated 21st in Pass defense while the Colts are numero uno. Peyton should have a nice day against the vulnerable secondary of the Cats. I'm just not sure where the offense is going to come from to keep up with the Colts. :unsure:

Reasons the line is low:

1) Indy coming off of a short week.

2) Carolina coming off bye

3) Pats game next week

Might be closer than some think...

I like the Rams +3 at home. Jackson is back, Bulger's second game back. They have to win sometime this year, and this is their best opportunity, IMO.

NFL Gambling rule #1. Anytime you think you know more than Roxy when it comes to NFL point spreads, you better run and hide. With these types of situations it goes the other way more than 1/2 the time.

Some offshores (wsex -120 and intertops -115) are running 6 1/2 and BetCRIS is running -6 -110. That's a huge trap. A ton of teasers will have Indy -1/2 with amateur gamblers thinking Vegas has given them a freebie.Don't be surprised if Carolina wins this game outright.
your not thinking clearly today

There are a couple of reasons I like Carolina.

1) Home Dog coming off a bye week.

Betters know this as easy $. Whenever a home team is getting points after a bye week they end up covering the spread a crazy 85% of the time. Home Dogs went 2-0 last week (Buffalo and Denver)

2) Winning on a Monday night game on the road and then playing another road game

Again betters see the huge trend when a team covers as a favorite on the road on Monday night and then plays on the road again as a favorite the following week. The # is abover 70%.

3) Huge game the following week.

Indy and NE can say whatever they want but they are looking forward to that game.

4) As bad as David Carr might be he is very famililar with Indy.

5) Carolina has never lost to Indy

I'll call it 24-20 Indy

I like Philly laying 1 @ Minnesota.
philly has beat detroit at home and the Jets on the road. Are they even a good football team this year? Granted I hate the eagles cause I am a giants fan, but this team isnt really playing well so far this season.

Hey everyone, I'm about to flip a coin.

Anyone want to lay money on it?

Seriously.....its about the same odds as betting an NFL game with a point spread.

There are no locks in the NFL. Save your money.

Colts -7

Bet the bank, house, kids, and any thing else you can get your hands on! Colts will win by at least two TDs. :fishing:
Because the Colts are only 6-0...

I like Philly laying 1 @ Minnesota.
philly has beat detroit at home and the Jets on the road. Are they even a good football team this year? Granted I hate the eagles cause I am a giants fan, but this team isnt really playing well so far this season.
I am not a Philly fan but I will defend them.Game 1: Against GB. Philly totally dominated them and had two fumbles on punt returns and lost the game.Game 2: They lost, no excusses to a good Redskins teamGame 3: Destroyed a Detroit that is playing pretty goodGame 4: Your Giants killed them and they looked horrible. Remeber though they were missing their best threat in Westbrook and they were starting a new left tackle who had no business being in there. Congrats but you saw the game.Game 5: Beat the Jets on the road. They should have won but anytime you win on the road in the NFL you should be proud.Game 6: Should have beat the Bears. Outplayed them for 55 minutes of the game. I'm no expert and I'm not saying I am, All I'm saying is they could very easily be 4-2 this year and Philly has a pattern of starting off slow. Also Minny offense is horrible, excpet AD. Philly will make them throw (smart coaches) and Philly covers this game easily IMO.Philly 31-14

I just love people who overthink games, and worry about the mind games Vegas is playing with us.

It's Peyton Manning vs. David Carr or Vinny.

If your life depended on it, who would you take?

Easy money = The Giants -9
I like this one too. I think the Giants have covered the last 5 spreads. That's something to take notice of.
I love this game1. The Dolphins best Offensive player - Ronnie Brown is done for the year.2. They are terrible vs the run. And their best run stopper - Zach Thomas will not be playing.3. They just lost their 2nd starting safety of the year the past week. They just signed Lance Schulters who hasn't played since 2005. Reasons for signing: He was in shape and had a passport.The Dolphins are going to be blown out by halftime.

I just love people who overthink games, and worry about the mind games Vegas is playing with us. It's Peyton Manning vs. David Carr or Vinny. If your life depended on it, who would you take?
:goodposting: If it were that simple, Manning and Brady would never lose games, except the ones to each other. But both have lost plenty of games over the years to QBs other than themselves. Hard to believe, I know.

Easy money = The Giants -9
I like this one too. I think the Giants have covered the last 5 spreads. That's something to take notice of.
I love this game1. The Dolphins best Offensive player - Ronnie Brown is done for the year.

2. They are terrible vs the run. And their best run stopper - Zach Thomas will not be playing.

3. They just lost their 2nd starting safety of the year the past week. They just signed Lance Schulters who hasn't played since 2005. Reasons for signing: He was in shape and had a passport.

The Dolphins are going to be blown out by halftime.
I love it. It makes sense; no reason to sign someone who can't travel to London...

I just love people who overthink games, and worry about the mind games Vegas is playing with us. It's Peyton Manning vs. David Carr or Vinny. If your life depended on it, who would you take?
:kicksrock: If it were that simple, Manning and Brady would never lose games, except the ones to each other. But both have lost plenty of games over the years to QBs other than themselves. Hard to believe, I know.
New England has covered every game. Indy has covered all but one. We're not talking about every year, we're talking about this year.

Carolina is my kryptonite. Every time they should win big, they lose or squeak by. Games where they are outmatched they keep it close or win. I always get their game wrong no matter what I do. I do like the Colts -7; so CAR +7 is probably the better bet.

Vinny has actually been named the starter in Carolina! :towelwave:

Is there anyway I can take back what I said about the Colts blowing out the Panthers? :towelwave:

All kidding aside, I still see a 10-17 point win. Even with Vinny!

Vinny has actually been named the starter in Carolina! :shrug: Is there anyway I can take back what I said about the Colts blowing out the Panthers? :confused: All kidding aside, I still see a 10-17 point win. Even with Vinny!
Just take New England Moneyline, -1400. Think of it as getting 7%+ interest on your money in 3 hours instead of one year.

Users who are viewing this thread