What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anything positive to say about Carson Palmer (1 Viewer)

shader

Footballguy
Cmon guys, is there anyone who can make me feel better about having this guy on my team? He played terrible against Baltimore, and now he faces Tennessee.

The team is in disarray, they have no running back. Their O-Line stinks. Their receivers are banged up and seem malcontent.

Anything positive? Anything?

It is never as bad or good as it ever looks.....never

Remember Bills beating the Pats 31-0 on opening day a few years back when Milloy was traded and the Pats won the SB?

Relax.....lots of football left. Palmer will be fine.

i watched the short cut version of the game, and when you put it into that little time span, palmer's issues diminished significantly...of course, the line's issues intensified exponentially. i think palmer will still finish in the top 10, but not top 5. you'll see guys like mcnabb, cutler, and maybe even a delhomme-type push him downward.

i do own him in one league.

I'm interested to hear more on the Cinci O as well. Palmer is an Elite talent who might be able to be had for cheap. However, if the OL is really as bad as some are suggesting, this might be a situation to avoid.

I didn't notice anything concerning about his play. The interception came off a deflection.

I think for dynasty, there's no reason to panic about diminishing skills. For redraft, it could be a long season.

He looks terrified and clumsy when he has to move out of the pocket. Unfortunately, that may heppen a lot w/ this offensive line.

This week against the Titans he will be on the pine and Brett the Savior will be in the starting blocks against NE.

He didn't make a desperate cameo on the Bachelor & not sitting in a studio like his cousin Jesse.

At least he's not Jordan.

He can't be any worse than last week.

He gets Chris Henry back in 2 weeks.

He doesn't have Henry's criminal record.

He has a 105.2 QB rating all-time in the Meadowlands, which was the site of his 1st NFL start.

4 years ago yesterday, he won his first game as an NFL starter vs. Miami.

Cmon guys, is there anyone who can make me feel better about having this guy on my team? He played terrible against Baltimore, and now he faces Tennessee.The team is in disarray, they have no running back. Their O-Line stinks. Their receivers are banged up and seem malcontent.Anything positive? Anything?
Yes there is..he has my last name also. Other then that nope.

In the last 16 games, Palmer has thrown 18 TD's and 23 Int's. The two games this year are following the same pattern as last year. IMO, it doesn't look good for Palmer the remainder of the year.

He had little to no time in camp with Chad and TJ. Hence week 1

He played in a wind storm week 2

Henry is back week 4.

Palmer is going to be fine-go grab him on the cheap

Its true Palmer had a tough 2 DT's in his first 2 weeks...but its only going to get worst.. NYG,Dallas,NYJ,Ptts, Jags...all should of knowned this before the draft his strength of sch.

I think he'll improve and they played two tough teams to start. They won't be good but he should put up some decent numbers. You may be able to get him pretty cheap now and I wouldn't mind adding him to my roster. He has good upside if it just happens that he played two really good teams to start the year. Worth a gamble IMO.

Its true Palmer had a tough 2 DT's in his first 2 weeks...but its only going to get worst.. NYG,Dallas,NYJ,Ptts, Jags...all should of knowned this before the draft his strength of sch.
Now this is poor English.
Well I look at it this way..you kick my ### in grammer and I kick you ### in fantasy football..what are we here for...TEACHER?
Tough. :thumbdown:
Nice come back. very weak..figures. :popcorn:

gman8343...Besides correcting grammer,spelling, typing, etc. do you have any input on the OP's question ?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the only league I own Palmer, let's just say that I'm glad I picked Brett Favre off the WW this Summer. The Bengals are terrible, and I fear the worst.

This is how I see it. The first game, Baltimore had 3 potential all pros at the corners + Ed Reed and I always thought their defense was a sleeper this year. Not to mention his recievers were playing with pain. Second game was 50mph winds. No one was passing in that mess. Chris Henry isn't back yet. When he is and Housh and Ocho get a little healthier, they will be OK. BUT, this is dependant on how bad is the OL really? Can they put together any kind of a running game? Will the overcome this before egos implode the team? I'm holding him, but I am not starting him this week vs the giants. That D is VERY good. I will give him a chance to start vs Cleveland in week 4 and see how it goes. I honestly expect to ride him in the 2nd half of the season. Do you really think he'll end the year with 2000 yards passing and 8-9 tds? With that recieving core?

He will gravitate to his averages as almost all atheletes do.

gman8343 left.I know he saw last post...why do people do that ..correct grammer, spelling, typing...hell I'm not a smart dude..family poor never no way college..but doesn't mean I don't know football well (won a lot in past) why do people correct others instead of replying to the OP of the thread does it give them pride of their knowledge..why reply to a reply if it has nothing to do with the OP question!

Cmon guys, is there anyone who can make me feel better about having this guy on my team? He played terrible against Baltimore, and now he faces Tennessee.The team is in disarray, they have no running back. Their O-Line stinks. Their receivers are banged up and seem malcontent.Anything positive? Anything?
He is a licensed driver.

I assume none of you are talking about dynasty.

Especially the CJ for Slaton trade....heck, I don't really like it for this season.

Many people have explained the Bengals problems so far. Palmer, CJ & Housh haven't just forgotten how to play. They've been GREAT for a few years now and none of them are so old that their skills are diminishing.

Easy, grasshoppers....easy.

I assume none of you are talking about dynasty.Especially the CJ for Slaton trade....heck, I don't really like it for this season.Many people have explained the Bengals problems so far. Palmer, CJ & Housh haven't just forgotten how to play. They've been GREAT for a few years now and none of them are so old that their skills are diminishing.Easy, grasshoppers....easy.
You are correct..the problem we see on these post we don't know if they are keeper or redrafts.I'm in only one keeper league (last 4 years)..and three redraft leagues this season.Just to say the *sinko oucho* for Slaton trade was in a redraft league.

I assume none of you are talking about dynasty.Especially the CJ for Slaton trade....heck, I don't really like it for this season.Many people have explained the Bengals problems so far. Palmer, CJ & Housh haven't just forgotten how to play. They've been GREAT for a few years now and none of them are so old that their skills are diminishing.Easy, grasshoppers....easy.
I think it's a good move in a redraft league.I think it's very likely C85's injury ends his season, could happen any game. Either way I think his stats will be diminished to the point where most rosters probably have another WR they can plug in to get at least equal production. Not to mention I think FF stats across the board will be disappointing in Cinn this year - Perry maybe being the only bright spot.Conversely Slaton has an excellent opportunity this year - he could be a decent low RB2 or more likely a great flex RB3.

Not to go outside the OP's post but yes Palmer will have a hard season.

As for the CJ trade for Slaton, I just did it also in a redraft league.

hellz_fireflies said:
gman8343 left.I know he saw last post...why do people do that ..correct grammer, spelling, typing...hell I'm not a smart dude..family poor never no way college..but doesn't mean I don't know football well (won a lot in past) why do people correct others instead of replying to the OP of the thread does it give them pride of their knowledge..why reply to a reply if it has nothing to do with the OP question! ?
:( easy there HF. your opinion is valued here like everyone else's.

I'm not optimistic about Palmer or the CIN offense this year. It starts on the o line, and theirs is brutal. The RBs aren't scaring anyone. The Bengals D can't get off the field. Coach is on a death watch. This team smells like a tear down (coaches & players) > rebuild.

Palmer isn't as bad as he looks right now, but he also isn't going to throw for 4,000 yards this year. Cincinnati is a :lmao: with a brutal schedule. They still have to face New York (Giants), Pittsburgh (twice), Dallas, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington. There are going to be a lot of bad weeks for the Cincinnati skill position players this year.

Palmer isn't as bad as he looks right now, but he also isn't going to throw for 4,000 yards this year. Cincinnati is a :lmao: with a brutal schedule. They still have to face New York (Giants), Pittsburgh (twice), Dallas, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington. There are going to be a lot of bad weeks for the Cincinnati skill position players this year.
I believe I tried to say this in post #26...but since I'm not to bright (as another poster tried to say) I ended up in a foolish duel with him/her..All I wanted to say to the OP was cinny had a hard first two weeks with two good dt's and the season for them will be worst looking at their sch.

CP finished 5th in QB scoring (1 PPC, 1 pt/50 yards pass, 3 pts for TD, -2 Int) last year. His three year aveage puts him 4th. He has had two really lousy games which are clearly concerning. His O-lines issues are well documented in various posts. However, from a FF perspective he is an elite QB. Week 1 in the NFL is frequently a statistical aberation so I wouldn't put too much into his stats for week 1. Week 2 saw him playing in high winds. IF Cin would be a pass first team rather than insisting on trying to establish the run, he would be just fine. I think he will continue to be a top 10 QB (from a FF perspective) however I think he will likely underperform relative to his ADP.

CP finished 5th in QB scoring (1 PPC, 1 pt/50 yards pass, 3 pts for TD, -2 Int) last year. His three year aveage puts him 4th. He has had two really lousy games which are clearly concerning. His O-lines issues are well documented in various posts. However, from a FF perspective he is an elite QB. Week 1 in the NFL is frequently a statistical aberation so I wouldn't put too much into his stats for week 1. Week 2 saw him playing in high winds. IF Cin would be a pass first team rather than insisting on trying to establish the run, he would be just fine. I think he will continue to be a top 10 QB (from a FF perspective) however I think he will likely underperform relative to his ADP.
You have some good points, but a key factor to me is what will Palmer's numbers look like if C85 goes down for a while or for the year?Plus no one's talking much right now about Chad's pre-season problems, but they are about due to re-manifest themselves IMO.The Bengals' struggles plus Chad's injury is a pretty certain recipe for an eventual :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread