What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Approximately 70% of Republicans still don't believe Biden won legimately. (1 Viewer)

I'm just confused how people are "hacking" a closed system, unless these machines are not.  Just make it so these are not connected to the outside world.  Then you have to physically be present to hack said results.    I work with many closed systems.  This doesnt seem that difficult unless people just dont trust digital
This has been the problem all along.  Trump and his supporters throw out all of these theories of hacked systems, harvested ballots, dead people voting, etc. without any basis or proof.

I think these have had a cumulative effect so many believe that fraud was rampant even though not a single one of them has been proven.

I think a small trap that the Democrats are falling in is thinking those 70% really care all that much.  They need to address the 1/6 stuff (obviously) but they need a platform other than just "GOP is horrible".  RvW helps them some.

I think a small trap that the Democrats are falling in is thinking those 70% really care all that much.  They need to address the 1/6 stuff (obviously) but they need a platform other than just "GOP is horrible".  RvW helps them some.
It's working for the GOP. The difference is they don't go as low as Republicans, demonizing the entire culture and working to make "conservative" a bad word.  

This has been the problem all along.  Trump and his supporters throw out all of these theories of hacked systems, harvested ballots, dead people voting, etc. without any basis or proof.

I think these have had a cumulative effect so many believe that fraud was rampant even though not a single one of them has been proven.
"Where there is so much smoke, there must be a fire."

Most people think like that. The problem is that Trump just lobbed 18 different smoke grenades into the forest while screaming about a fire. So, 70% of Republican still think there is a fire even though there never was one, because they saw the smoke and they don't inherently distrust Trump since he's their guy.

Where there is so much smoke, there must be a fire."

Most people think like that. The problem is that Trump just lobbed 18 different smoke grenades into the forest while screaming about a fire. So, 70% of Republican still think there is a fire even though there never was one, because they saw the smoke and they don't inherently distrust Trump since he's their guy.
Yup, the ONLY reason all of these Republicans even think there's "smoke" is because that's all Trump and his ilk have been telling them for nearly two years now.

Then the GOP says they have to do something about election reform because so many people distrust it. Well duh! Classic case of create the problem then tell them you know how to fix it.

I'm just confused how people are "hacking" a closed system, unless these machines are not.  Just make it so these are not connected to the outside world.  Then you have to physically be present to hack said results.    I work with many closed systems.  This doesnt seem that difficult unless people just dont trust digital
I have not been introduced to a single cogent point of concern on this, at all....not one.  It's the vaguest boogie man of  boogie men....nothing more.

For people who don't get the "signaling device" thing, think of it like this.  I'm starting a cult that has two core beliefs:

1) Dogs are awesome.

2) Humans have ESP, but electricity interferes with it.  If we stopped using electricity, we would all be able to communicate telepathically.  

There are a bunch of people in my cult, but I think some of them are just poseurs.  I need a way of differentiating between the true believers and the ones who are just playing along.  One way to accomplish this is to get people to talk about their cult beliefs in public, but you can see where it doesn't do me much good to emphasize point (1).  Suppose I tell people "You need to get out there and talk more about how awesome dogs are -- I'm watching, and I'm judging your loyalty based on how pro-dog you are in public."  How does that accomplish anything?   Everybody thinks dogs are awesome.  The poseurs in my cult can go on and on about how great dogs are and nobody will judge them negatively in any way, so of course they'll repeat that talking point.  It's costless and therefore worthless for my purposes.

Point (2) is great though.  If I demand that my cult members go on anti-electricity rants in public, the poseurs are unlikely to go along.  It's an insane belief, and saying crazy stuff about electricity in public will tend to make people think you're nuts, and ordinary people will be reluctant to pay that reputational price.  But the true believers don't mind paying that price.  They see it as a worthwhile tradeoff in exchange for building their status inside the cult.  (1) doesn't do a good job of signaling loyalty to the group because (1) is widely accepted and therefore costless to affirm.  (2) does a great job of signaling loyalty because (2) widely unaccepted and therefore costly to affirm.  Good signals have to be costly.  
Thought of addressing the phenomenon of signaling loyalty to the in-group in this thread, but I couldn't have done it better than this, so cross-posting here. Saying that Joe Biden didn't win the election is signaling loyalty. The people probably know Biden won, but by saying he didn't, you are being a loyal member.

Idaho Republicans poised to reject 2020 election results

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The Idaho Republican Party will consider 31 resolutions at its three-day convention starting Thursday, including one already adopted by Texas Republicans that President Joe Biden isn’t the legitimate leader of the country.

The Idaho resolution in the deeply conservative state that Donald Trump won with 64% of the vote in 2020 is nearly identical to the Texas resolution that was passed last month, stating: “We reject the certified results of the 2020 presidential election; and we hold that acting president Joseph Robinette Biden was not legitimately elected by the people of the United States.”

Both the Idaho and Texas resolutions contend that secretaries of state circumvented their state legislatures, even though both states have Republican secretaries of state.

Jim Jones, a former chief justice of the Idaho Supreme Court as well as a former Republican state attorney general, called the resolution rejecting the 2020 presidential election results “asinine,” noting multiple courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, rejected attempts to overturn the election.

“(The Idaho Republican Party) has gotten so caught up in conspiracy theories, meaningless culture war issues, that they have quit being able to function as a meaningful political party,” he said. “We have got to get away from this authoritarian streak that has infected the Idaho Republican Party, as well as a good part of the nation, because it’s absolutely tearing our country apart.”

This ^^^^^ is the true threat to our democracy.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The Idaho Republican Party will consider 31 resolutions at its three-day convention starting Thursday, including one already adopted by Texas Republicans that President Joe Biden isn’t the legitimate leader of the country.

The Idaho resolution in the deeply conservative state that Donald Trump won with 64% of the vote in 2020 is nearly identical to the Texas resolution that was passed last month, stating: “We reject the certified results of the 2020 presidential election; and we hold that acting president Joseph Robinette Biden was not legitimately elected by the people of the United States.”

Both the Idaho and Texas resolutions contend that secretaries of state circumvented their state legislatures, even though both states have Republican secretaries of state.

Jim Jones, a former chief justice of the Idaho Supreme Court as well as a former Republican state attorney general, called the resolution rejecting the 2020 presidential election results “asinine,” noting multiple courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, rejected attempts to overturn the election.

“(The Idaho Republican Party) has gotten so caught up in conspiracy theories, meaningless culture war issues, that they have quit being able to function as a meaningful political party,” he said. “We have got to get away from this authoritarian streak that has infected the Idaho Republican Party, as well as a good part of the nation, because it’s absolutely tearing our country apart.”

absolutely bananas

Ima throw these people in my "traitors" pile.

I’ve been drinking for 3 hours already so I almost got myself banned by posting my thoughts.

I’ll just say I’m not surprised and Idaho sucks.

Freakin' unbelievable.   

The ironic thing in all this is it looks like Jim Jones was the one not drinking the Kool-Aid in ID.  

(wait, if I remember correctly, the other one didn't drink it either so probably not ironic as I thought). 

Can’t believe Trump only won ID with 64%.  I’d have guessed more.
"And you'd be right! Trump really got 100% in ID but the Dems somehow cheated, making it look like Trump only got 64%." - Idaho GOP

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread