What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are there any draft contests this year? (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
I remember there being one back in the day on either Sportsline or ESPN.com. We should get a Shark Pool group together - I know there are a lot of draftniks here, I think that would be a pretty competitive group.

Anyone know of one out there, I looked a few days ago and found squat.

doesn't look like you're getting much feedback.

You've probably seen this thread already, and not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but maybe you could incorporate this idea in an online format somehow.

It's setup to be done in person, but I'm sure you could figure out a way to make this work somehow online (maybe set it up in a chat room with Instant messaging somehow, or a programmer out there to do a real time online form that people submit with each pick)

Not sure if it's feasible or not, but it's something anyways....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...opic=151430&hl=

Thanks, man - I would LOVE to be able to do that stuff, but no one I know cares enough about the draft to do this. It'll be me and my girl watching it (or listening to it on Sirius)- that's it. I was looking for an online contest.

One of my buddies quickly threw together a draft contest on the web. It's nothing pretty by any means, but it's fully functional and the stats will be updated live as the NFL draft happens to see where you are in the standings....

Scoring:

exact pick = 100 pts

1 off =50

2 off = 40

3 off = 30

4 off = 20

5 off = 15

6 off = 10

7-off = 5

8 or more off - 0 pts

Rules:

You are not picking which team a player will end up... you just pick what slot they will be taken. Bush #1, you get 100 pts, no matter what team he ends up with... he could get traded 3 times, it wouldn't matter.

This just applies for round 1 only.... however, scoring doesn't end until after the 2.7 pick. What does this mean? If you select Lendale White to go to Pitt, who has the last pick in the 1st round, but he ends up going 2.4... you get 20 pts (Basically, it ends after the 2.7 pick. If you have questions, let me know.

PM me if your interested in doing this... it's only $5 by check/cash or 5.50 by paypal. Must have your $$ by Friday at MIDNIGHT central time April 28th.

We did it last year and it made the NFL draft the best ever. It made it all the more fun. Right now it's just a local bunch of guys, friends, FF owners, and I figured I send this out to you guys, since I saw this thread.

Pass the word! PM me for more details... :thumbup: .

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my buddies quickly threw together a draft contest on the web. It's nothing pretty by any means, but it's fully functional and the stats will be updated live as the NFL draft happens to see where you are in the standings....

Scoring:

exact pick = 100 pts

1 off =50

2 off = 40

3 off = 30

4 off = 20

5 off = 15

6 off = 10

7-off = 5

8 or more off - 0 pts

Rules:

You are not picking which team a player will end up... you just pick what slot they will be taken. Bush #1, you get 100 pts, no matter what team he ends up with... he could get traded 3 times, it wouldn't matter.

This just applies for round 1 only.... however, scoring doesn't end until after the 2.7 pick. What does this mean? If you select Lendale White to go to Pitt, who has the last pick in the 1st round, but he ends up going 2.4... you get 20 pts (Basically, it ends after the 2.7 pick. If you have questions, let me know.

PM me if your interested in doing this... it's only $5 by check/cash or 5.50 by paypal. Must have your $$ by Friday at MIDNIGHT central time April 28th.

We did it last year and it made the NFL draft the best ever. It made it all the more fun. Right now it's just a local bunch of guys, friends, FF owners, and I figured I send this out to you guys, since I saw this thread.

Pass the word! PM me for more details... :thumbup: .
Sounds like a fun idea but, man, I can't stand that scoring system. Especially when you are not picking team and player...Seems like somebody could have a far less accurate overall draft than you and still when by getting "lucky" on one or two picks...

Users who are viewing this thread