What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Art Shell set up for failure? (1 Viewer)

Scorehoard

Footballguy
The Raiders have failed to make any noise in the FA market. One of the best WR talents to come through this league and you can't fork out the money for someone that can get him the ball. WOW!! What can we expect to see from them in this instance??

Aaron Brooks?? Griese?? Draft?? Through trade??

:popcorn:

The Raiders have failed to make any noise in the FA market. One of the best WR talents to come through this league and you can't fork out the money for someone that can get him the ball. WOW!! What can we expect to see from them in this instance??

Aaron Brooks?? Griese?? Draft?? Through trade??

:popcorn:
Resign Collins.

I'm thinking that Collins may be rethinking his demands. Maybe now he will play for peanuts.
...unless he signs with Washington. Then he'll get a 6 year deal worth over $100 million! :excited: :lmao:

It's a little early to say the Raiders are setting up Shell to fail. They were in awful cap shape an weren't/aren't in a position to throw around big money. Most of the money they have allocated for free agents should be used on defense, which has problems all over the place.

Besides, I don't think they need an impact QB to run that offense. With a decent QB(Brooks, Griese, & Collins are still out there) and a healthy Randy Moss, the offense should be good, maybe even great. I'd rather have Brooks than Collins or Griese, simply because he is infinitely more mobile than those statues.

The draft? I'd love to have Vince Young, but, again, defense is the more pressing need.

If the Raiders leave the draft and enter camp with Tuiasosopo and Walter competing for the gig, then I would agree that they are setting up Shell to fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Ramsey? He is still out there - has experience and can be had for a mid round pick. Has a rocket for an arm - just let him fling it out there and let Moss do his thing.

No way we go into the season with just Tui and Walters. With the QB market drying up, I am guessing Collins will be back for much less cash, especially if Brooks comes in for a chat. To be honest, I am a big fan of Griese. I drafted him when he was in Denver and I think he can be a good fit in the Raider offense.

I agree, injuries played a huge part in Oakland's offensive ineptness last year. If Moss and Porter can both stay healthy, together with Jordan, Griese or Brooks will thrive.

Now, about our defense..... :bag:

What about Ramsey? He is still out there - has experience and can be had for a mid round pick. Has a rocket for an arm - just let him fling it out there and let Moss do his thing.
Initially, I liked the idea of bringing Ramsey on board, but I guess I have become a little gun-shy because there doesn't seem to be any team out there that believes he anything more than a backup. Much like Collins and Griese, he is immobile. Gibbs obviously doesn't care for him. Seems like there are a lot of red flags there.

Seriously, why is everybody forgetting about Walter?They are rebuilding anyway, throw the kid into the fire and see what he can do.
He's had some injury issues the last few years. They can't rely on him solely just yet. They need some competition and depth. I have very little faith in Tui at this point to provide either of those.Walter does look the part though for sure.

O-Line was/is my biggest concern. Pass protection was horrible last year. A few plays the QB could look for 6-7 seconds, but for the most part anything more than a 10 yard pattern would result in a hurry/pressure/sack. Barry Sims was a freakin' turnstall at LT. LG and RG weren't much better, and it seemed like there was somebody different starting every week.

I really thought the D played decent by the later part of the year. Hell, they played fairly good at first too, but the DEs playing LB were getting beat constantly. By the end of the year, the D was just on the field the entire game after the O went 3-and-out over and over. Washington and Routt started looking better by the last few weeks. Asomugha would look pretty good as a safety... ? Hey, maybe we even get to see S.Williams play this year too! Ngata is looking more and more like a need than ever though w/ Big Ted and Sands not on the roster. Speed (Davis, Huff, Hill or C.Jackson) seem just as likely knowing our history.

I expect Collins to re-sign, probably a one-year deal for around $4 million. Walter's not ready to take the reins yet, though he has potential. Tuiasosopo is just Samoan for "career backup".

The Beloved Silver and Black have to address defensive needs via the draft, either by taking AJ Hawk in their current spot, or moving up several spots to take Mario Williams (him on the other side of Derrick Burgess would be NICE). It'll probably be Hawk. Just wished Al had taken Odell Thurman in the 2nd round last year when he had the chance; Routt would have been available later.

Users who are viewing this thread