What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auden Tate - WR (1 Viewer)

Bengals WR Auden Tate (concussion) is questionable for Sunday's matchup against the Steelers.

The Bengals are all sorts of banged up at WR, as Tate (concussion, neck) could join A.J. Green (ankle) on the sideline this week. Stanley Morgan (illness, questionable) is the next man up, but Damion Willis should see some snaps as well if both Tate and AJG are ultimately sidelined. It'd be a lot easier to get behind any of the receivers in this offense as realistic fantasy options if Ryan Finley wasn't under center. Overall, Finley's average of 3.5 adjusted yards per attempt ranks 47th among 48 QBs with at least 50 pass attempts this season.

SOURCE: Jay Morrison on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 1:35 PM ET

Feel like he'll be limited coming from a neck/spinal injury...
Yeah I'm going to roll with Bourne and Patrick over him as my 10th and 11th starters.  Feel like those 3 are all in the same range this week, with Tate coming off the injury.. 

I'll probably regret this.  Tate has been a target machine even though Finley is garbage. 

Bengals placed WR Auden Tate on injured reserve with a sprained left MCL, ending his season.

Damion Willis has been promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding roster move. The No. 253 overall pick of the 2018 draft, Tate caught just four balls as a rookie but took advantage of a banged up receiver corps to emerge for 40/575/1 this season. Although he is no one's idea of a speed demon — Tate clocked 4.68 at the Combine — he has a massive catch radius and put it to excellent use as a sophomore, excelling in contested catch situations. Still two months shy of his 23rd birthday, 6-foot-5 Tate is worth keeping around in Dynasty leagues.

Dec 10, 2019, 2:02 PM ET

Was a big help this year keeping me afloat after things just didn't work out with Green and AB on my roster.

If Cincy doesn't invest high in a WR this draft and Green goes, gotta figure he's a favorite for the #2 job, yeah?

Part of me says this guy is a major buy right now. Part of me wonders where he plays. 

Boyd is locked in to the slot role. John Ross stepped right back in with the first team when he returned from COVID leave. AJ Green is currently hurt (and has been hurt since 2017 basically), but he’s going to play if he’s healthy. 

That leaves Tate fourth on the depth chart waiting for an AJG or Ross injury, and then Higgins is nipping at his heels. 

What am I missing?  Obviously he’s huge and catches everything, but I don’t see the path to playing time without an injury. 

JFS171 said:
What am I missing?  
The 2.01 pick.
Sounds like the starters are AJ Green and Higgins on the outsides, Boyd in the slot. Ross #4. Tate #5. The 7th option in the Bengals offense is not a major buy in my opinion 

Last edited by a moderator:
JFS171 said:
Part of me says this guy is a major buy right now. Part of me wonders where he plays. 

Boyd is locked in to the slot role. John Ross stepped right back in with the first team when he returned from COVID leave. AJ Green is currently hurt (and has been hurt since 2017 basically), but he’s going to play if he’s healthy. 

That leaves Tate fourth on the depth chart waiting for an AJG or Ross injury, and then Higgins is nipping at his heels. 

What am I missing?  Obviously he’s huge and catches everything, but I don’t see the path to playing time without an injury. 
If recent history says anything, he won't be waiting long. 

Auden Tate caught 7-of-7 targets for 65 yards in the Bengals' Week 8 win over the Titans. 

The random outburst more than doubled Tate's previous season production. He out-targeted A.J. Green 7-5. Tate isn't a separation master, but he uses his size and body control to dominate in 50-50 situations. The Bengals would do well to keep him involved as a role player in the second half of the season. WR4/5 fantasy value remains unlikely.

- Rotoworld 
I have a feeling A.J. Green and Auden Tate will fight for the "3rd viable target" battle for the Bengals all year.

The Frankman said:
I have a feeling A.J. Green and Auden Tate will fight for the "3rd viable target" battle for the Bengals all year.
Tate was really excellent and I definitely think he's gonna be our 4th wide receiver the rest of the year - really balled out today.

Higgins was amazing as well.

-QG

Tate was really excellent and I definitely think he's gonna be our 4th wide receiver the rest of the year - really balled out today.

Higgins was amazing as well.

-QG
Any chance this Tate effort, and being healthy, perhaps increases a chanced of an AJ Green trade this week?

Any chance this Tate effort, and being healthy, perhaps increases a chanced of an AJ Green trade this week?
My guy says they don't trade AJ.

AJ public has stated that while frustrated he wants to be with the team and part of what's being built.  While a platitude, I think it will hold enough weight with the family.  I've yet to see the snap counts this week. 

And what kind of pick is someone going to give at this point - I really don't see it happening.  I'm also not sure it sends the right message following a signature win.

In-season trades are comically rare for the Bengals.  The Dunlap trade was the first one since they traded Palmer.  I think the most likely guy moved would be Ross - or that he could be cut following the deadline.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

-QG

Green led all Bengals WRs with 62 snaps.  Higgins had 57.  Boyd 55.  Tate 33.  Mike Thomas had 6 (a big reduction for him) and Alex Erickson had 1.

So yeah, I would be a little surprised if they turned around and traded Green.

-QG

He had a big game last week. What's the story with this kid? I know many touted him as the MVP of training camp, but has guys like Higgins and Boyd to contend with...

Bengals placed WR Auden Tate on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

It's not clear if Tate tested positive or is a close contact. Either way, this puts his Week 12 status in jeopardy. The Bengals also placed OL B.J. Finney in COVID protocols.

RELATED: 

B.J. Finney

SOURCE: bengals.com

Nov 25, 2020, 11:36 AM ET

Bengals activated WR Auden Tate from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Tate should play Sunday despite missing the last three days in COVID protocols. The Bengals also removed OL B.J. Finney from the COVID list and signed CB Jalen Davis from the practice squad.

Nov 28, 2020, 11:09 AM ET

Bengals placed WR Auden Tate (shoulder) on injured reserve.

It's a season-ending injury. Tate will undergo surgery in the next few weeks. His 2020 ends with 14/150/0 line. Tate averaged under three targets per game over nine appearances (two starts) before going down. The 2018 seventh-rounder will return for the final year of his rookie deal in 2021.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:23 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread