What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Australia Survivor (2 Viewers)

I really think George outsmarted himself this time. If he makes it through the next tribal without immunity of some kind or some sort of twist he really is the King of survivor.

I really think George outsmarted himself this time. If he makes it through the next tribal without immunity of some kind or some sort of twist he really is the King of survivor.
yea. every week i say how can he survive another week. But he finds a way. I think he needs to position himself as hated to the jury and convince some folks that they will win against him.

who knows maybe the producers will gift some KFC again to motivate him. lol.

the 1st sesaon with George , i thought he was great. Haley is correct that he has fixed his mistakes. now he is outstanding., head and shoulders over everyone else with his gameplay

George is probably the best ever. It's just now he has alienated one person in his alliance. He already had 3 gunning for him and Haley was ready to pounce tribal before last. So that's 5 out of 9. If he makes it he definitely should be considered the goat.
Good thing about the Aussies there doesn't seem to be as much sour grapes coming into play at final tribals. If he makes it I think he wins. American version is different it seems there has been times someone deserving doesn't win because of grudges. Russell for instance.

I'm just spoiler tagging everything since it's not a regularly airing show and I avoided this thread like the plague today until I watched (though no beans spilled anyway).

Ep 17 was bittersweet. I was rooting for Jordie or Shonee a few episodes into the season, so I need to pick a new horse. Shonee I liked because she was so perceptive. The edit she got tonight (always looking suspicious) I think is pretty close to reality. I remember her response after talking to Flick in a prior episode... "well that was obviously a lie." Sad to see her get beaten to the punch, though it was 1000% the right timing. When you are down to 8, having a 2 vote block is untenable for everyone else. They definitely don't understand George if they thought the duo name change would not trigger him. It's just too blatant.

George is probably the best ever. It's just now he has alienated one person in his alliance. He already had 3 gunning for him and Haley was ready to pounce tribal before last. So that's 5 out of 9. If he makes it he definitely should be considered the goat.
Good thing about the Aussies there doesn't seem to be as much sour grapes coming into play at final tribals. If he makes it I think he wins. American version is different it seems there has been times someone deserving doesn't win because of grudges. Russell for instance.
There is definitely a method to the madness. Ep 16 he got flat lucky that the trio doubted Haley. He should be gone. In a stable and growing majority, he’s a dead duck any week go forward. The chaos that results from this last vote can help him if he can keep Gerry and Matt close. It’s basically him and 7 who have no ride or die.

I had to watch todays episode via the facebook group link
macy didnt upload it so far and the other couple that did, i found it very difficult to watch

all i way say about today's episode is : not many strategic players left

I had to watch todays episode via the facebook group link
macy didnt upload it so far and the other couple that did, i found it very difficult to watch

all i way say about today's episode is : not many strategic players left
Yea it's not on beetv either. There was one on YouTube but the audio was screwed up. I'll wait till tomorrow.

It sort of dripped with irony when George talked about Shonee complacency (which was pretty cold also, with her sitting there). He's beyond overconfident. In his shoes I'd walk into every tribal thinking I was the only one not writing my name. I am surprised he thinks he can speak about jury members as he does and still expecting to win them over somehow in the end. There's a million ways he could have spoken about her ouster (e.g. too much a threat, etc) that would butter her up a bit. And wow, I guess revenge is a dish best served cold to Nina by Haley.

It sort of dripped with irony when George talked about Shonee complacency (which was pretty cold also, with her sitting there). He's beyond overconfident. In his shoes I'd walk into every tribal thinking I was the only one not writing my name. I am surprised he thinks he can speak about jury members as he does and still expecting to win them over somehow in the end. There's a million ways he could have spoken about her ouster (e.g. too much a threat, etc) that would butter her up a bit. And wow, I guess revenge is a dish best served cold to Nina by Haley.
Agreed. It reminds me of Russells end game. Not quite as bad but he cant be talking like that to the folks who he needs to vote for him.

I dont get the impression they hate him however. But you never know.

i am disappointed but knew it was a screwup for that person last week.
thats all i will say to give others a chance to watch it

crazy thought. But is there a path for Simon to win? I really dont like Simon. but he has played the bottom. If George goes, and Liz goes, would you vote Simon against Gerry and Nina for example? Think you have to. Nina has played an ok game too. I think also at this point if George gets to finale he wins now that hayley is on the Jury. Her and Shonee should sway the rest and any salty jury members to vote for him.

crazy thought. But is there a path for Simon to win? I really dont like Simon. but he has played the bottom. If George goes, and Liz goes, would you vote Simon against Gerry and Nina for example? Think you have to. Nina has played an ok game too. I think also at this point if George gets to finale he wins now that hayley is on the Jury. Her and Shonee should sway the rest and any salty jury members to vote for him.
interesting tribal today
without ruining the last 2 episodes , i would agree as at least that person imho is trying to make things happen.

now that a few days have passed , i would like to take about it

right now george is running rings around everyone , he was hands down the best player this season and possibly the best AUS player ever

The rest , what have they done
gerry made 1 game decision by himself. staying loyal with george after going back to the heros then has followed george's instructions.
matt made 1 game decision when he went to george to keep himself save during the flick vote then has followed george's instructions.
shonee was with the spice girls and the shiz but what moves or decision she make on her own
Nina has made some decisions and moves on her own
Simon , is a dumbass in the game of survivor and has survived because of immunity wins and other people moves. He has thrown alot of ideas out there to keep himself alive but have any actually came through.

i would give simon the win over gerry and matt for game play but I can really see simon blowing the Q and A part in the final episode and giving the others the win lol
against the other two it would be 50/50 game play but again i think both would run over him in the Q and A part and take the win from hm

right now george is running rings around everyone , he was hands down the best player this season and possibly the best AUS player ever

gerry made 1 game decision by himself. staying loyal with george after going back to the heros then has followed george's instructions.
matt made 1 game decision when he went to george to keep himself save during the flick vote then has followed george's instructions.
shonee was with the spice girls and the shiz but what moves or decision she make on her own
Simon , is a dumbass in the game of survivor and has survived because of immunity wins and other people moves. He has thrown alot of ideas out there to keep himself alive but have any actually came through.

i would give simon the win over gerry and matt for game play but I can really see simon blowing the Q and A part in the final episode and giving the others the win lol
against the other two it would be 50/50 game play but again i think both would run over him in the Q and A part and take the win from hm
So watching Jury Villa(its on youtube) it seems the jury is rooting for Simon oddly enough. So he has a chance. I think it will be dissapointing if George or Liz dont win. My ranking of preference would be:

George
Liz
Nina

Simon
Gerry/Matt - honestly im torn on all 3. Simons done nothing and been on the wrong side of the vote almost every time. But he has survived. Should be be rewarded for it? Thing is i dont think his speech would be good. I can see Gerry making a case. Matt, maybe.

Basically if George and Liz are out i think it comes down to the Q&A. I think Nina might be the best at this part.

also i still see it highly improbably that George makes it to the end. but if he does, there is no way in hell he should not win.

So watching Jury Villa(its on youtube) it seems the jury is rooting for Simon oddly enough. So he has a chance. I think it will be dissapointing if George or Liz dont win. My ranking of preference would be:

George
Liz
Nina

Simon
Gerry/Matt - honestly im torn on all 3. Simons done nothing and been on the wrong side of the vote almost every time. But he has survived. Should be be rewarded for it? Thing is i dont think his speech would be good. I can see Gerry making a case. Matt, maybe.

Basically if George and Liz are out i think it comes down to the Q&A. I think Nina might be the best at this part.

also i still see it highly improbably that George makes it to the end. but if he does, there is no way in hell he should not win.

oops i put shonee instead of liz
yeah i saw the jury villa clips where they are rooting for simon, he has fought from the bottom for most of the game but has done no game play except winning immunity.
it has been georges game to lose for the majority of the year and they would be crazy to take him to the end. he would blow them away in the Q and A as well. he biggest downfall would be his arrogance and tone.

if george is out
it is really wide open as no one has really hasnt done anything remarkable.
matt or gerry should be taken to the end as they have done nothing but followed george and should get no votes. not sure who would be better to take , the wildcard is how they could do the Q and A . i personally would take matt as he has no story . gerry could say he survived 2 days at the enemies camp and his age

liz, nina and simon are a very similar in game play , nothing notable but a few moves here and there or immunity wins.
for the Q and A part
my best guess for who would be the best at it.
Nina
Liz
Simon

This entire season has shown George in confessionals crowing about how he is running the game. In large part it's been true. That would seem to indicate that he either wins in a landslide or his arrogance does him in. George hasn't been particularly competitive in winning individual immunity. If he doesn't win the final immunity, who would want to take him to the finals knowing that you've basically done nothing but follow his lead? If they do the fire building challenge to get into a final three, George was terrible in the fire making / water barrel challenge. So make him compete at that and he likely doesn't win. Simon or Matt were much better in that challenge. In that scenario, I would think the likely finish would be:

Liz
Simon
Nina

Through episode 19 and no spoilers below for anyone that has watched half of the season....

George is really good at this game but

What a ###ing loser of a human being. An all around psychopath and douche bag. Full of hypocrisy and full on creeper. A sore winner that can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Through episode 19 and no spoilers below for anyone that has watched half of the season....

What a ###ing loser of a human being. An all around psychopath and douche bag. Full of hypocrisy and full on creeper. A sore winner that can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

The way he plays survivor makes him all those things? Harsh, man.

Moreso the whiskey I drank last night actually.

Moreso the whiskey I drank last night actually.
Been there bud

I know it's been stated before, but I absolutely do not get the logic of ANY of the other players keeping George around these past few votes. Do any of them really think they'll beat him in a final jury vote? I suppose one could argue that no one on the jury likes George, but the far majority of the time, the jury as a whole will vote for the best player, not the one they like the best. George is running laps around every other contestant to this point and it's not even close. It's fine keeping him around as a shield in the initial post-merge game, but one you get to the "pointy end of the stick" as they like to say, he's got to be booted ASAP.

And now with Simon voted out (who would've been the perfect GOAT to take to the end BTW), with only 5 players left, George actually becomes the swing vote between the 2 alliances. Although I think there is still a decent chance that Nina flips over to vote with Matt and Gerry. That's my only hope at this point.

I know it's been stated before, but I absolutely do not get the logic of ANY of the other players keeping George around these past few votes. Do any of them really think they'll beat him in a final jury vote? I suppose one could argue that no one on the jury likes George, but the far majority of the time, the jury as a whole will vote for the best player, not the one they like the best. George is running laps around every other contestant to this point and it's not even close. It's fine keeping him around as a shield in the initial post-merge game, but one you get to the "pointy end of the stick" as they like to say, he's got to be booted ASAP.

And now with Simon voted out (who would've been the perfect GOAT to take to the end BTW), with only 5 players left, George actually becomes the swing vote between the 2 alliances. Although I think there is still a decent chance that Nina flips over to vote with Matt and Gerry. That's my only hope at this point.
I think at this point, my best guess is everyone is confident he wont win the final immunity challenge so they are ok voting out other competitors that may win over them. That is the only logical reason i can think of for them not targeting George.

Yea I absolutely don't get it. Unless they think he gets no votes because of the way he played. Sort of like Russell. It's just the Aussies seem not to hold grudges and will vote for best game player which George is by a wide margin.

Yea I absolutely don't get it. Unless they think he gets no votes because of the way he played. Sort of like Russell. It's just the Aussies seem not to hold grudges and will vote for best game player which George is by a wide margin.
I think they all plan to cut him at 3 and basically none of them think he can win the final immunity. That’s risky imo but it seems that is their strategy.

Hypothetical. Liz vs george at the end. How close would it be? Or how bitter would the jury be?
I think he wins against any of the remaining players. Maybe not as one sided if Liz is there. Nina told Liz not to be sitting next to him when she left at tribal. Does that mean George has Nina's vote?

Hypothetical. Liz vs george at the end. How close would it be? Or how bitter would the jury be?
I think he wins against any of the remaining players. Maybe not as one sided if Liz is there. Nina told Liz not to be sitting next to him when she left at tribal. Does that mean George has Nina's vote?
based on Jury Villa i dont think George has a lock on many of the votes. They were telling Nina they would have all mostly voted for her if she got to the end for example.

based on Jury Villa i dont think George has a lock on many of the votes. They were telling Nina they would have all mostly voted for her if she got to the end for example.
Yea I just started watching the villa episodes. Pretty interesting.

Yea I just started watching the villa episodes. Pretty interesting.
I've never watched those but I probably should. Are they also on YT under "Macy76" or how are you watching them?

I'm unclear what George's end game is as a self proclaimed leader of the ship who also happens to be futile at challenges. Who would choose to sit next to the guy who has fostered opinion that everyone else was his pawn?

If he does make it somehow, I don't see how anything but sour grapes would lead to votes against him. He will have navigated a full season when he should have been one of the first threats voted off.

i am finally caught up
sneaky edit with gerry in the isolation episode

I have no idea on what those players are thinking in keeping George,he is head and shoulders over anyone left
The jury doesnt seem bitter but it seems like they are not trying to give it to george , might be the edit so it keeps us watching

Users who are viewing this thread