What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

B. Aiyuk vs. D. London in PPR (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
In 12 team mocks, I keep running into a B. Aiyuk vs. D. London decision.

These are two WRs who are on many expert "plant their flag" lists who could seriously breakout. I'm in, but curious which way this crowd would go here given the decision.

Both have a lot going for them:

Aiyuk

* Explosive offense.
* Purdy plenty capable.
* Was becoming more of a target favorite last year.
* Pedigree.

London

* Pedigree.
* Clear #1 WR for ATL.
* Run game should open up explosive plays

Both have cons. With Aijuk, there are several mouths to feed and I could see him going quiet some games especially if SF gets up big. For London, not sure what we're getting with Ridder (although he is certainly an upgrade over Mariota), and this is clearly a run first offense so volume will be low.

Who ya got?

Thanks

I lean London.

I think with everyone healthy, Aiyuk's volume isn't going to match London's. He's also going to be hard to predict week to week. You can say the same thing about Deebo and Kittle. I don't have a lot of shares of them either.

London finished the season on a tear. He was on pace for 105 catches and 1455 yards if you extrapolate his final 5 games over 17. I'm not predicting those numbers. But he showed that he can put up numbers with subpar QB play and in a run heavy offense.

I lean London.

I think with everyone healthy, Aiyuk's volume isn't going to match London's. He's also going to be hard to predict week to week. You can say the same thing about Deebo and Kittle. I don't have a lot of shares of them either.

London finished the season on a tear. He was on pace for 105 catches and 1455 yards if you extrapolate his final 5 games over 17. I'm not predicting those numbers. But he showed that he can put up numbers with subpar QB play and in a run heavy offense.

Just looked up London's stats. Yup. Last 5 games 6, 7, 7, 5, 6 receptions. Super consistent. I assume Ridder must have taken over at that point?

I lean London.

Just looked up London's stats. Yup. Last 5 games 6, 7, 7, 5, 6 receptions. Super consistent. I assume Ridder must have taken over at that point?
Ridder played the last four games of the season. Mariota was QB for every snap of every game prior to that.

In those four games, London finished with a 25-333-0 line. Also keep in mind we’ve yet to see how Ridder and Pitts look together, as Pitts was on injured reserve by the time Ridder took over.

I imagine it’ll look better than this:

please watch some underdog sports videos on youtube. they rave about London and how he is set to become a top 10, possibly top 5 WR in the near future.
Aiyuk has been the 'if' guy for 3 years now. if I'm buying on the 'if' I'll take the better talent. Drake all day and it's not close. why are we comparing apples to oranges here?

Aiyuk seems like a shoe in for 70-80 catches, 900-1000_ yds, 5-6-7-8TDs
Drake London is heading into his 2nd year and we don't know what his ceiling is, had 800+ yds and 4 TDs last season

Aiyuk 60-748-5Td 1st season
Aiyuk 56-826-5Tds and started every game his 2nd season
Not really anyone for London to have to share WR targets with vs Aiyuk and Deebo
I kinda like the upside of London right now, Aiyuk could regress, last year felt more like his ceiling

Aiyuk could regress, last year felt more like his ceiling

FTR, Aiyuk had 7 total TDs his rookie season. He had 6 rushes for 77yds and 2tds (5 for 17 and no TDs 2nd year)

While I don't see an insane year for Aiyuk in 2023, and call this a homer view if you must, but I feel like Aiyuk is gonna finish with about 1200yds and 10tds, just because I believe what I've been hearing/seeing throughout camp, and he's developed really nice chemistry with Purdy. IMO, by years end, there will be no doubt who WR1 is in SF.

London averaged less than 9 hppr points/game week 12 thru 17, I'm not seeing some great breakout . (Jaded Pitts ovner)

This kind of "this player or that player?" can sometimes be more suited to the Assistant Coach forum. But this also can be a good general topic for everyone. Keep it general and not league specific and it can stay here. Thanks.

I love them both. I view it as a ceiling vs. floor question. With London, the upside is tantalizing, but no one really knows what that Falcons offense is going to look like, especially with Ritter. Aiyuk hasn't really broken out the past two years, but all the film nerds (Matt Harmon, etc) absolutely love the guy. I disagree with @Ministry of Pain that last year was his ceiling. If anything, last year was his floor. He's made steady improvement the past couple years, even if it hasn't been as much as we had all hoped. Maybe we'll continue waiting for the breakout, and in the meantime have to "settle" for 1000/6.

Aiyuk could regress, last year felt more like his ceiling

FTR, Aiyuk had 7 total TDs his rookie season. He had 6 rushes for 77yds and 2tds (5 for 17 and no TDs 2nd year)

While I don't see an insane year for Aiyuk in 2023, and call this a homer view if you must, but I feel like Aiyuk is gonna finish with about 1200yds and 10tds, just because I believe what I've been hearing/seeing throughout camp, and he's developed really nice chemistry with Purdy. IMO, by years end, there will be no doubt who WR1 is in SF.
I hope you're right. I went back and forth between the two and nearly used up my two minutes before deciding and took Aiyuk over London Saturday in my ppr redraft league.

In the end I went with the more explosive offense I know will score points over the unknown in Ridder at QB that will run the ball ad nauseam.

I'm with Aiyuk. The Falcons hype is getting a little overblown. They have the worst starting QB in the league. What happens when they play a team that is good at stopping the run?

The whole machine breaks down.

Meanwhile, Aiyuk plays with a QB and in a system that fits him well. I don't like Aiyuk all that much, but he's very talented and I don't think he's had his career year yet.

I mean, Purdy was just a rookie. If he improves even slightly, based on efficiency I think every player in San Francisco has a chance to improve their stats from last season.

I feel like we're always buying on the hype and the hope of Aiyuk becoming a stud WR but it has never happened, and likely never will.
London's metrics were off the chart last season. Ridder sucks, yes, but he's infinitely better than Mariota. Robinson will keep defenses honest, and pitts will command attention over the middle of the field. I'll take London over Aiyuk, ALL DAY. and London has top 5 WR potential for years to come, whereas Aiyuk has nothing but if and 'he might' ..

Users who are viewing this thread