What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ballsy/Crazy/Stupid/Genius moves (2 Viewers)

AnonymousBob

Footballguy
For most leagues, the playoffs are upon us. Which means any ballsy/crazy/stupid/genius moves you make hold a lot more weight than the previous weeks.

So list any moves you're making and the reason for doing so. And good luck to everyone unless you're the person I'm playing this week.

I'm thinking about playing Chester Taylor over Ronnie Brown and Leon Washington. The weather is supposed to be ugly in Buffalo and I think Leon will have a good game but I think Chester has a good chance to put up a few points as well. Since I'm a Niners fan I'd rather not root for the player going against my team.

What ballsy/crazy/stupid/genius moves are you guys making this week? And why?

For most leagues, the playoffs are upon us. Which means any ballsy/crazy/stupid/genius moves you make hold a lot more weight than the previous weeks.

So list any moves you're making and the reason for doing so. And good luck to everyone unless you're the person I'm playing this week.

I'm thinking about playing Chester Taylor over Ronnie Brown and Leon Washington. The weather is supposed to be ugly in Buffalo and I think Leon will have a good game but I think Chester has a good chance to put up a few points as well. Since I'm a Niners fan I'd rather not root for the player going against my team.

Good thing theyre playing in Toronto in a dome then

Good thing theyre playing in Toronto in a dome then
:bag: Hmmm, may have to rethink this one.

Larry Johnson over a banged up portis against baltimore

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Hillis over Bush in a PPR league. Starting Westy and Chris Johnson as well, but didn't feel like I could sit those guys.

Bush could really bite me in the butt

Starting Kevin Faulk over Parker and M Moore in a PPR league playoff game.
Man, I really wish they'd just sit Parker for the remainder of the regular season. Moore is much more versatile vs. tough run D's. Even in our league where I have FWP and NOT Moore, I wish this. Not sure who I'm "crazy" to start in his place, but it will probably be a borderline WR3 type and hope for the best.

Still considering Reggie Bush over Gore (with Slaton) in one league, but not sure I can pull the trigger.

Right now I have Reggie in (with Turner) over Deangelo and MBIII. Will probably put the hot Deangelo back in there, even against Tampa.

Maybe I should start my own thread: Ballsy/Crazy/Genius Moves You Considered Then Backed Out Of. :confused:

With Deuce being suspended I'm plugging Pierre into my lineup. He's the guy I'm now playing over Chester, Brown and Leon.

Considering...

Sammy Morris over MBIII (toe and @ PIT) - dunno about this one

Gaffney/Reggie Williams over Braylon - Edwards was bad w/ Quinn/DA - and it's only getting worse

9ers D/ST vs. Jets over PHI @ NYG - praying for a classic Favre pick 6 or two

Scheffler over Cooley (along w/ Cutler & Marshall) - predicting DEN drops 40 on KC this week

Starting Hillis over Bush in a PPR league. Starting Westy and Chris Johnson as well, but didn't feel like I could sit those guys. Bush could really bite me in the butt
I'm doing the same thing. Starting Hillis over Bush this week. Hillis will be getting all of the touches so how can you go wrong here barring injury?

Actually, I'm going to let my opponent decide which one of my rb's to play this week. I'll let him decide between Leon, Chester, Ronnie and Pierre.

This should be fun.

Hasselbeck over Delhomme and Garcia. Not crazy but my season rides on it as I need a win to get into the playoffs as well as a loss by the team ahead of mine.

Trying to decide if I have the balls to claim Heath Miller off the waiver wire and start him against Dallas over Scaife and Daniels. Dallas regularly gets abused by opposing TEs. Carlson's 6/105/0 on Thanksgiving was the latest of a long list of TEs to abuse Dallas over the last 2-3 years. If Shaub were'nt coming back to (hopefully) ressurect Daniels' season, I'm sure as heck would have made this play.

I'm also trying to decide if I have the balls to start Pierre Thomas over Gore and Barber.

Starting Hillis over Bush in a PPR league. Starting Westy and Chris Johnson as well, but didn't feel like I could sit those guys.

Bush could really bite me in the butt
I'm doing the same thing. Starting Hillis over Bush this week. Hillis will be getting all of the touches so how can you go wrong here barring injury?
So it is safe to now say that Hillis will go down on the first series, dashing the championship dreams of those praying for his continued success!

leaning toward starting Losman vs the 26th ranked pass defense of Miami (in Dome in Toronto) over Romo vs Pittsburgh (in Snow and Wind). Not to mention how tough the Pittsburgh defense is.

:thumbup: I'm banking on HIGHTOWER this week, however I'm curious as to why the FFB Gods are not hight on him this week- ?/Why the sudden drop from Thursday-Friday?

Users who are viewing this thread