What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore RB usage (1 Viewer)

And if 50% of the league's starting RBs had suffered injuries that led them to miss time I'd also be saying that perhaps giving them 30 carries a game isn't the smartest move to make.
:yes: :yes:
Not sure why you're so frustrated by my post. I simply don't believe that giving a RB - ANY running back regardless of their elite talent - 30 carries a game consistently is a smart move to make. The Ravens obviously want to get the ball to Rice. The Titans obviously want to get the ball to CJ. The 49ers and Gore and so on and so on. But is it really an outlandish statement to make that perhaps 30 carries per game might be a tad much - especially if you have a RB who has already missed time due to injury already? Seems more like common sense to me and with an 18-game schedule looming on the horizon it strikes me as an even more intelligent decision.
I agree. Baltimore coaching staff agrees. Thats why Rice is averaging 19 carries a game thus far in the football year of our lord 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if 50% of the league's starting RBs had suffered injuries that led them to miss time I'd also be saying that perhaps giving them 30 carries a game isn't the smartest move to make.
:shrug: :wall:
Not sure why you're so frustrated by my post. I simply don't believe that giving a RB - ANY running back regardless of their elite talent - 30 carries a game consistently is a smart move to make. The Ravens obviously want to get the ball to Rice. The Titans obviously want to get the ball to CJ. The 49ers and Gore and so on and so on. But is it really an outlandish statement to make that perhaps 30 carries per game might be a tad much - especially if you have a RB who has already missed time due to injury already? Seems more like common sense to me and with an 18-game schedule looming on the horizon it strikes me as an even more intelligent decision.
I agree. Baltimore coaching staff agrees. Thats why Rice is averaging 19 carries a game thus far in the football year of our lord 2010.
I was under the assumption this thread was about the past two games when Rice has averaged 27.5 carries per game. That seemed to be what the OP was talking about. And it's definitely been the focal point of my comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are a miami hurricanes fan, and you watched game-by-game the 2002 season when willie mac was the feature back at miami, you already know what im talking about. he was a sick combination of speed and power and vision, you might laugh when i say i am dead serious when i say he was like a combination of chris johnson and adrian peterson. not only was he a sick pure runner, he absolutely destroyed linebackers on blitz pickups and was a decent receiver. if you can somehow get game footage, watch the first qtr of the hurricanes against syracuse 2002. i try to look for youtube clips on mcgahees season, but theres barely anything there, his dominance was long forgotten after that ohio state piece of garbage will allen hit him low on a screen pass and busted his acl, mcl and pcl in one shot, and ohio state won a national title* on a phantom pass interference call on glenn sharpe. that injury would have ended the careers of 99.9% of all football players but not mcgahee, mcgahee has heart baby. if mcgahee doesnt suffer that injury, i think there is a decent chance he goes down as the best running back in the history of the world. mcgahee post-injury is not close to the ridiculous freak that he was pre-injury but hes still way above average.

anyway on to my point: harbaugh, specifically when dealing with his running back situation, is a moron. period. just like KC's haley was a moron when he couldnt see what he had in jamaal charles (like when he deactivated him for a game for kolby smith lol), until his hand was forced last year. rice is a good player, but the only advantage he has over mcgahee is his receiving ability. other than that, mcgahee is bigger, faster, stronger, better vision, a better blocker and more experienced. but harbaugh drafted rice, and rice is his player, mcgahee isnt, mcgahee was already there before harbaugh got there. and as fantasy owners and scouts can attest to, you want Your Players in the lineups, the guys that you for one reason or another feel comfortable with and have an innate trust in. but coaches and GMs, though they are right most of the time they have the ability to be wrong too. and harbaugh is dead wrong with mcgahee.

you all act like mcgahee is a complete scrub. the guy averaged 5 yards a carry last year on 100 carries and scored 14 tds. if you look at 2009 game logs, after the first three games in rbbc in which he carried the ball 32 times for 190 yards and caught 6 balls for 41 yards and scored 6 tds, he inexplicably started getting close to zero playing time. why? who knows, maybe its all fixed. but now with rice not being close to as effective as he was last year, just like haley last year when grandmama was being a classless ##### and charles was forced into action, harbaugh's hand may be getting forced here.

too long; didnt read

cliffs- dont sleep on willis, show some respect

Users who are viewing this thread