What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Be careful, Dawkins tells Owens' suitors (1 Viewer)

azcards33

Footballguy
Be careful, Dawkins tells Owens' suitors

"Any time you have something that can affect your team and your locker room, you might want to stay away from it," he said.

By Pat Yasinskas

For The Inquirer

HONOLULU - Eagles safety Brian Dawkins cautioned the Denver Broncos yesterday about making a deal for receiver Terrell Owens.

"I wouldn't go there," Dawkins said after the NFC squad's Pro Bowl practice.

The Eagles have given Owens permission to seek a trade, and Denver is one of several teams reported to be interested. But Dawkins said the Broncos and any other team interested in Owens should be careful.

"Just be prepared for whatever," Dawkins said to a Denver reporter. "He's a great guy as far as a person goes, but he says what's on his mind, so you've got to be prepared for whatever."

Owens and the Eagles have been at odds since the receiver asked for a new contract before last season. The situation grew heated as Owens took verbal shots at quarterback Donovan McNabb and others and was banished by the Eagles.

Dawkins was asked if one player could "poison" a locker room.

"Yeah, you saw what happened this year," he said. "It can happen. It starts to filter through. Different opinions are given out, and things happen that shouldn't happen."

Dawkins said those problems would follow Owens to a new team.

"Any time you have something that can affect your team and your locker room, you might want to stay away from it," Dawkins said.

Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, also a member of the NFC Pro Bowl team, refused to discuss the Owens situation.

"We're focused on 2006," Trotter said. "We need to get everybody healthy, and once we do that, we'll be fine."

As the Owens saga played out, the Eagles struggled to a 6-10 record and had their streak of four straight appearances in the NFC championship game come to an end. Dawkins said the Eagles could bounce back.

"First of all, we need to just wash our hands of the situation," Dawkins said. "Hopefully, Donovan got what he wanted to get off his chest off his chest, and we'll get to minicamp and start playing ball again."

Dawkins said he supported McNabb's criticism of Owens last week.

"He had to get something off his chest," Dawkins said. "It was something that festered for a long time, and he felt this was the time he wanted to do it, and he did it. It's over and done with, and we've got to go on from there."

Dawkins said the Eagles' locker room could be made harmonious next season.

"That's something that we as players will do," he said. "We'll get together... and we'll keep playing. The thing about playing football is, when you start winning, all that other stuff goes in the back window.

"If we were winning last year, none of that stuff would have happened and none of those comments would have been made."

"Any time you have something that can affect your team and your locker room, you might want to stay away from it," he said.

By Pat Yasinskas

For The Inquirer

HONOLULU - Eagles safety Brian Dawkins cautioned the Denver Broncos yesterday about making a deal for receiver Terrell Owens.

The Eagles have given Owens permission to seek a trade, and Denver is one of several teams reported to be interested. But Dawkins said the Broncos and any other team interested in Owens should be careful.

"Just be prepared for whatever," Dawkins said to a Denver reporter. "He's a great guy as far as a person goes, but he says what's on his mind, so you've got to be prepared for whatever."

Owens and the Eagles have been at odds since the receiver asked for a new contract before last season. The situation grew heated as Owens took verbal shots at quarterback Donovan McNabb and others and was banished by the Eagles.

"Yeah, you saw what happened this year," he said. "It can happen. It starts to filter through. Different opinions are given out, and things happen that shouldn't happen."

"Any time you have something that can affect your team and your locker room, you might want to stay away from it," Dawkins said.

Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, also a member of the NFC Pro Bowl team, refused to discuss the Owens situation.

"We're focused on 2006," Trotter said. "We need to get everybody healthy, and once we do that, we'll be fine."

As the Owens saga played out, the Eagles struggled to a 6-10 record and had their streak of four straight appearances in the NFC championship game come to an end. Dawkins said the Eagles could bounce back.

"First of all, we need to just wash our hands of the situation," Dawkins said. "Hopefully, Donovan got what he wanted to get off his chest off his chest, and we'll get to minicamp and start playing ball again."

"He had to get something off his chest," Dawkins said. "It was something that festered for a long time, and he felt this was the time he wanted to do it, and he did it. It's over and done with, and we've got to go on from there."

"That's something that we as players will do," he said. "We'll get together... and we'll keep playing. The thing about playing football is, when you start winning, all that other stuff goes in the back window.

"If we were winning last year, none of that stuff would have happened and none of those comments would have been made."
:moneybag:

TO is the hot chick that can't keep her pants on. Some guy is going to fall for her and than act surprised when he finds out she's been nailing half the neighborhood because he believed her when she said that he was special and the only one.

Any team that brings in TO gets exactly what they have coming. The signs are there and if the Philly situation wasn't good for him than nothing will be. This guy is mentally ill and simply can't help himself. He needs to sit down on a long leather couch and have some issues ironed out.

Next question...

There's this guy walking as it begins to snow and he comes upon a 6'x6' hole, in the pit is a rattlesnake and the guy asks the snake what he is doing down there. The snake tells the guy he fell in the hole and asks if he could please help him out or he will surely freeze to death. The guy thinks for a minute then jumps down into the pit to save the snake, the snake immediately bites the guy. The man asks the snake why he did that, as they will both now surely die. And the snake says,

BECAUSE I'M A SNAKE AND THAT'S WHAT I DO.

By Pat Yasinskas

For The Inquirer

Who does Yasinskas report for?

COnsidering Dawkins was the only Eagle that didn't show up at TO's birthday party, it doesn't surprise me is jealous.

By Pat Yasinskas

For The Inquirer

The Charlotte Observer....usually....as if you did'nt know.

By Pat Yasinskas

For The Inquirer

The Charlotte Observer....usually....as if you did'nt know.
Code:
By Pat YasinskasFor The Inquirer
Wondered if he had moved.

COnsidering Dawkins was the only Eagle that didn't show up at TO's birthday party, it doesn't surprise me is jealous.
I think you need to go back and check that guest list again.

Bass, I thought maybe since Yasinskas is a Charlotte Observer reporter that you were suggesting there was some interest in T.O. from the Panthers. I know how you like to start trouble. ;) T.O. is the last thing we need. I'm not sure where "The Inquirer" is based, but I know Yasinkas also writes articles for other newspapers, such as in Raleigh, etc. I usually don't read the rag, but I'm fairly certain he's still at The Observer because I heard him talking on Colin Cowherd's show the other day, and 'herd referred to him as a writer there.

TO is the hot chick that can't keep her pants on. Some guy is going to fall for her and than act surprised when he finds out she's been nailing half the neighborhood because he believed her when she said that he was special and the only one.

Any team that brings in TO gets exactly what they have coming. The signs are there and if the Philly situation wasn't good for him than nothing will be. This guy is mentally ill and simply can't help himself. He needs to sit down on a long leather couch and have some issues ironed out.

Next question...
I agree with this 100%.

Bass, I thought maybe since Yasinskas is a Charlotte Observer reporter that you were suggesting there was some interest in T.O. from the Panthers. I know how you like to start trouble. ;) T.O. is the last thing we need. I'm not sure where "The Inquirer" is based, but I know Yasinkas also writes articles for other newspapers, such as in Raleigh, etc. I usually don't read the rag, but I'm fairly certain he's still at The Observer because I heard him talking on Colin Cowherd's show the other day, and 'herd referred to him as a writer there.
The Inquirer would be the Philadelphia Inquirer I suspect. Both the Inquirer and Observer are newspapers of the KnightRidder Company. My guess is the streamlined costs and such and have one reporter for all KnightRidder papers nationwide doing the stories from the ProBowl.http://www.knightridder.com/papers/newspapers.html

Next question...
:goodposting: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread