What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears trade for Brandon Marshall (1 Viewer)

Local radio in Minnesota saying this trade had been reversed. Is that true?

ETA: Nevermind, must have been speculation that the trade could be reversed if the Bears didn't know about the incident, which apparently they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
per Jason Romano:

Bears GM Phil Emery on Brandon Marshall - "Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend . We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that honeymoon didn't last long.
Wait...when I brought up attitude in the other thread it was just about me hating on a division rival right? :rolleyes:
Yes, because you add nothing besides your obvious haterism. The Bears could have traded for Jerry Rice in his prime, and you would have found something wrong with it. Anyone who follows football is aware of the guys baggage. Did you think you were breaking some exclusive info? You're a hater who adds nothing. Period.

Wait...when I brought up attitude in the other thread it was just about me hating on a division rival right? :rolleyes:
Yes, because you add nothing besides your obvious haterism. The Bears could have traded for Jerry Rice in his prime, and you would have found something wrong with it. Anyone who follows football is aware of the guys baggage. Did you think you were breaking some exclusive info? You're a hater who adds nothing. Period.
Read my post in this thread...I said it was a good move.You decided to bash me in the other post after I made an addition to a post that was comparing 2 players and the contracts as if all things were equal.Nice try...my talk was not hater at all...and you decided to try and make it personal (that and with a terrible comment that I would praise it had the Packers traded away 2 picks for a WR who would not be a top 2 guy for them).My posts on Marshall have not been fueled by hate at all...and rarely, if ever, do I hate on a player simply for being with a division rival.Your claims are completely baseless.

All the team that has Marshall has to do is get past the January - April months and they are good to go.

The incident doesn't matter to me, do we even know the details? What if she was beating the crap out of him...had a knife...a gun...

I still love the trade!

Thinking back to old 3rd round picks Juanqin Iglesias and Michael Okwu....I'll gladly take Marshall

The incident doesn't matter to me, do we even know the details? What if she was beating the crap out of him...had a knife...a gun...I still love the trade!Thinking back to old 3rd round picks Juanqin Iglesias and Michael Okwu....I'll gladly take Marshall
Either his wife was hit in the eye with a bottle or Marshall punched some Myles chick in the eye or someone hit someone's eye with their fist wrapped around a bottle. That's what we know.

'BusterTBronco said:
He'll probably get a multi-game suspension for this. How many games?
Standard almost seems like a guy gets 1 or 4 games when not getting the full year.Would guess 4 with this if details come out it was his fault or he did assault someone.

the Bears say they knew about Marshall incident, I wonder if the team contacted the NFL and asked if suspension is possible.

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
For what? You have no details...don't get salty b/c Cutler/Marshall left.
For punching a woman at a nightclub. But you're right. Roger Goodell doesn't care about off the field issues like this. Especially for repeat offenders.
Please tell me everything that happened that night?

Statement from Brandon Marshalls Attorney Harvey Steinberg regarding Club incident:"On March 12,2012 Brandon Marshall was the key note speaker at a charitable event in New York. After the event was over he, his wife and close friends attended a function at a local club.While at the function a fight broke out NOT involving Mr. Marshall or his friends. While attempting to leave to avoid the melee Mrs. Marshall was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury.While attempting to leave and take his wife to the hospital, the mayhem continued outside. Finally Mr. Marshall was able to take his wife to the hospital where she was treated for serious injuries.Mr. Marshall is hoping to assist authorities in regards to this matter."
Jay glazer just tweetedThe Bears will not be looking to void Marshall trade and thus far from the info they've gathered Marshall's story checks out

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
For punching a woman at a nightclub. But you're right. Roger Goodell doesn't care about off the field issues like this. Especially for repeat offenders.
Are you trying to be this terrible of a poster?

A couple things on this trade and the off field problems with Marshall.

If he is suspended by the league, then the bears only have to pay $3 million of his $9 million salary. Again, the Bears are still on the plus side of this gamble.

I wonder if the Bears and Marshall may work out a new contract that protects the Bears from future problems and gives Marshall incentive to stay out of trouble. After all, Marshall wanted to be reunited with Cutler. I could see a new deal for 4-5 years that benefits both parties.

@KCitons...

So maybe Chicago did the deal KNOWING/HOPING he'd be suspended. They just saved themselves $6M if he is, is that what you're saying?

If that's the case, does that give them an extra $6M of cap room?

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
1) I don't care what people think of me...it's a message board.2) None of the details have come out about the night. That's my point. Jumping to conclusions isn't the answer.

'BusterTBronco said:
'BusterTBronco said:
It's a shame he can't do it effortlessly, like yourself.

@KCitons...So maybe Chicago did the deal KNOWING/HOPING he'd be suspended. They just saved themselves $6M if he is, is that what you're saying?If that's the case, does that give them an extra $6M of cap room?
It would be refunded to their cap the following season.

@KCitons...So maybe Chicago did the deal KNOWING/HOPING he'd be suspended. They just saved themselves $6M if he is, is that what you're saying?If that's the case, does that give them an extra $6M of cap room?
It would be refunded to their cap the following season.
Ok, they'll need it just as much then as they do now. They idea of them knowing/hoping for suspension still holds water.

I wasn't making the point so much based on cap space. I was making it with idea that IF Marshall is suspended for 4 games in 2012, the Bears may be able to get a WR #1 for 12 games at a bargain price of $3 million.

The rewards outweigh the risks. And even if the risks turn into reality, it doesn't cost the Bears.

I wasn't making the point so much based on cap space. I was making it with idea that IF Marshall is suspended for 4 games in 2012, the Bears may be able to get a WR #1 for 12 games AND THE PLAYOFFS at a bargain price of $3 million. The rewards outweigh the risks. And even if the risks turn into reality, it doesn't cost the Bears.
Fixed your post. :thumbup:

Good Fix

I was also wondering why the NFL is allowed to treat a diagnosed disease, (bipolar) differently than any other corporate setting in America?

'KCitons said:
Good FixI was also wondering why the NFL is allowed to treat a diagnosed disease, (bipolar) differently than any other corporate setting in America?
Expand on this? Some other corporation, let's say Sketchers, hires someone bipolar to be a public image and spokesperson for their company. When that person creates bad press, what are you saying the NFL is allowed to do to deal with the issue that Sketchers is restricted from doing?

'KCitons said:
Good FixI was also wondering why the NFL is allowed to treat a diagnosed disease, (bipolar) differently than any other corporate setting in America?
Expand on this? Some other corporation, let's say Sketchers, hires someone bipolar to be a public image and spokesperson for their company. When that person creates bad press, what are you saying the NFL is allowed to do to deal with the issue that Sketchers is restricted from doing?
I understand what you are saying. We are talking about a double edged sword. Since Marshall is diagnosed with a disease, and the disease effects the way he interacts with people. In a regular corporate setting, Marshall would be handled with kids gloves to protect against a lawsuit. For some reason, the NFL lumps Marshall into a group with all other players that have problems. (who knows, maybe all of those players have a disease as well)My concern is that other players may have anger issues, or may have ways to control their actions. In the case of Marshall, this is not true. I don't have any knowledge of Bipolar disease. But I remember a player here in Nebraska by the name of Scotty Baldwin. He was shot and paralyzed,by police back in '92. The difference is how the NFL lumps everyone into the same category. You are either good or bad, with no explanation.I agree, the the NFL would have a wildfire on its hands if it allowed players to get away with things by having a "doctors note" But, in a case like Marshall's this is situation that is diagnosed and needs special attention.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is a bit tricky when dealing with psyciatric disabilities.

Marhsall is the one who disclosed his diagnosis publically. Borderline Personality Disorder is a pretty serious illness. Generally more severe than Bilpolar and one of the more difficult for a therapist and/or medications to deal with

I am not aware he was asked for an accomodation (presumably reasonable). That would change some things.

As it stands, an employer may discipline an individual with a disability for violating a workplace conduct standard if the misconduct resulted from a

disability provided that the workplace conduct standard is job-related for the position in question and is consistent with business necessity. Providing it would impose the same discipline on an employee without adisability. Hard to say about off-the-field and the NFL image in terms of "job related" although teh NFL would argue "business necessity".

Under the ADA, an employer may lawfully exclude an individual from employment for safety reasons only if the employer can show that

employment of the individual would pose a "direct threat." Doubt this applies.

If I were to hazard a guess, the NFL can suspend him for this (assuming he punched someone) and he would lose his pay and bonus without much risk. Their policy and precedent is pretty clear and he could not argue he was being treated differently because of his disability.

'KCitons said:
Because they aren't direct employers, they work under contract through the players union. Essentially they sign a lot of rights away in exchange for a lot of money.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is a bit tricky when dealing with psyciatric disabilities. Marhsall is the one who disclosed his diagnosis publically. Borderline Personality Disorder is a pretty serious illness. Generally more severe than Bilpolar and one of the more difficult for a therapist and/or medications to deal with I am not aware he was asked for an accomodation (presumably reasonable). That would change some things.As it stands, an employer may discipline an individual with a disability for violating a workplace conduct standard if the misconduct resulted from adisability provided that the workplace conduct standard is job-related for the position in question and is consistent with business necessity. Providing it would impose the same discipline on an employee without adisability. Hard to say about off-the-field and the NFL image in terms of "job related" although teh NFL would argue "business necessity".Under the ADA, an employer may lawfully exclude an individual from employment for safety reasons only if the employer can show thatemployment of the individual would pose a "direct threat." Doubt this applies. If I were to hazard a guess, the NFL can suspend him for this (assuming he punched someone) and he would lose his pay and bonus without much risk. Their policy and precedent is pretty clear and he could not argue he was being treated differently because of his disability.
Thanks for the post. Makes a lot of sense. @mbuehner I agree that players give up a lot in return for money. But, when you are talking about an uncontrollable disease. Then you have are stating that there is something Marshall could do to prevent his behavior. I was just making a case that differentiates Marshall from other violators in the NFL.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is a bit tricky when dealing with psyciatric disabilities. Marhsall is the one who disclosed his diagnosis publically. Borderline Personality Disorder is a pretty serious illness. Generally more severe than Bilpolar and one of the more difficult for a therapist and/or medications to deal with I am not aware he was asked for an accomodation (presumably reasonable). That would change some things.As it stands, an employer may discipline an individual with a disability for violating a workplace conduct standard if the misconduct resulted from adisability provided that the workplace conduct standard is job-related for the position in question and is consistent with business necessity. Providing it would impose the same discipline on an employee without adisability. Hard to say about off-the-field and the NFL image in terms of "job related" although teh NFL would argue "business necessity".Under the ADA, an employer may lawfully exclude an individual from employment for safety reasons only if the employer can show thatemployment of the individual would pose a "direct threat." Doubt this applies. If I were to hazard a guess, the NFL can suspend him for this (assuming he punched someone) and he would lose his pay and bonus without much risk. Their policy and precedent is pretty clear and he could not argue he was being treated differently because of his disability.
Thanks for the post. Makes a lot of sense. @mbuehner I agree that players give up a lot in return for money. But, when you are talking about an uncontrollable disease. Then you have are stating that there is something Marshall could do to prevent his behavior. I was just making a case that differentiates Marshall from other violators in the NFL.
Sure, but the the way the NFL is set up this would be very unlikely to get into the civil realm- Marshall would potentially get the players association to file a grievance against the owners and some sort of arbitration would be arranged. Essentially the ADA doesn't apply to NFL players because of the arrangement they have. That doesn't mean there couldn't be protections, just that it would be done in-house and/or if it came to litigation it would be the NFLPA as the complainant, not Marshall personally.

The incident doesn't matter to me, do we even know the details? What if she was beating the crap out of him...had a knife...a gun...I still love the trade!Thinking back to old 3rd round picks Juanqin Iglesias and Michael Okwu....I'll gladly take Marshall
Either his wife was hit in the eye with a bottle or Marshall punched some Myles chick in the eye or someone hit someone's eye with their fist wrapped around a bottle. That's what we know.
His story doesn't make sense and neither does hers. She just happens downstairs (not sure what is up there) and then can't go back up because of the meleee? Why would the bouncers stop her from going back upstairs if she didn't have anything to do with the melee? And then it just so happens that one of her friends is involved in the altercation with Marshall? My guess is that this woman threw the bottle at Marshall's wife. And then he grabbed or hit her. Could be he assaulted her; could be he was defending his wife. Too early to tell. I am guessing that there is more than one villain in the story--after all, they ALL were in a club after 2 a.m.

The New York Post is claiming there was a fight between two football players, one of which the report claims was Marshall, and that he “cold-cocked” Christin Myles, who was celebrating her 24th birthday

Hmmmmmmmmmm wonder what the commish will think about "cold cocked" :popcorn:

The Marshall 'rap sheet':

Newly acquired Bears receiver Brandon Marshall has a long list of off-field incidents and twice has been arrested for suspicion of domestic violence. Here is a timeline of those events.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.

Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.

Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.

June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley’s claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”

Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

Sources: Tribune news services, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-brandon-marshalls-rap-sheet-20120314,0,745008.story

'BusterTBronco said:
'identikit said:

Newly acquired Bears receiver Brandon Marshall has a long list of off-field incidents and twice has been arrested for suspicion of domestic violence. Here is a timeline of those events.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny's restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.

Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.

Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.

March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.

March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.

June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley's claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall "out of self-defense."

Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall's attorney says it was Marshall's wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

http://www.chicagotr...,0,745008.story
Glass half empty- He won't changeGlass half full - incidents have really tailed off in the last few years.

'BusterTBronco said:
'identikit said:

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny's restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley's claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall "out of self-defense."

Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall's attorney says it was Marshall's wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

http://www.chicagotr...,0,745008.story
Glass half empty- He won't changeGlass half full - incidents have really tailed off in the last few years.
Glass with a Bears logo - This is all overblown and Marshall is gonna lead us to the Super Bowl baby!

:goodposting: There were no run-ins with the law for a 2+ year period (about the time he realized he had borderline personality disorder and saught treatment). Now, while many of us would hardly call a 2 year, no arrest period something to write home about, the fact is, given Marshall's checkered past, it is a marked improvement.Also, until the details of the most recent incident become much clearer, everyone should withhold judgement. As was pointed out on local radio, there is only one detail that all the versions of the story have in common: Marshall's wife was hit in the face with a bottle.I am not sure what I would do if someone hit my beloved wife in the face with a bottle - but it may not be very nice. In fact, my reaction (especially if I had a drink or two) might not be particularly legal either. I am not in anyway condoning violent behavior nor repaying violence with violence - merely pointing out some possibilities. Many others exsist. Some would make Marshall more accountable, some less. Until there are more details, I don't think it's fair to presume his guilt based on his past - especially when that past is 2+ years ago and since then he has kept his nose clean and has since been under treatment for an issue that may have contributed to his previous insurrections.

'BusterTBronco said:
Glass half empty- He won't change

Glass half full - incidents have really tailed off in the last few years.
There were no run-ins with the law for a 2+ year period (about the time he realized he had borderline personality disorder and saught treatment). Now, while many of us would hardly call a 2 year, no arrest period something to write home about, the fact is, given Marshall's checkered past, it is a marked improvement.
I guess you aren't counting this then:April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall "out of self-defense."
Hey Buster, we get it you're a bitter Broncos fan. But constantly bringing up the same things over and over again is annoying.

'BusterTBronco said:

There were no run-ins with the law for a 2+ year period (about the time he realized he had borderline personality disorder and saught treatment). Now, while many of us would hardly call a 2 year, no arrest period something to write home about, the fact is, given Marshall's checkered past, it is a marked improvement.
I guess you aren't counting this then:April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall "out of self-defense."
Subtext: We used to have an offense, and now all we have is this lousy FB behind center.

'BusterTBronco said:

Ahh, I see. Being a victim of a crime counts too? So he gets stabbed and it's his fault. Got it. Even though she was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and he was never charged with anything.So if he did punch this lady over the weekend, it's because she had it coming? Or do we only side with the victim when it fits our side of the argument? It's tough to keep this waffling thing straight. Pleasy clarify. TIA.

Just got done watching Biggest Free Agent Busts on NFLN. Number 6 was David Boston. First thing that came to my mind was this thread when they were describing old big guns.

Just got done watching Biggest Free Agent Busts on NFLN. Number 6 was David Boston. First thing that came to my mind was this thread when they were describing old big guns.
He was set to make a huge comeback with Tampa before he got busted with the purple drank. Was a sad offseason for me.

I'm absolutely floored by this press conference with Brandon Marshall.

-Doesn't seem like a "punk" "thug" "me first" at all

-Very sincere

-Seems mature

-Wants to make a difference in the world regarding his mental disorder and abuse towards women

-Doesn't have any fear about the incident from this past weekend

I'm simply amazed and if you don't believe me. Please listen to the press conference.

ETA: He pulled out tons of facts about society that are concerning and how he wants to help. Even touches on marriages.

Users who are viewing this thread