What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears-Vikings Game (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
The latest line I saw for this game had the over at 37.5 points. Not surprising when you consider you have two teams with good defenses and recently questionable offenses. But am I the only one thinking this game could be a nice bet for the over?

It may be tough for both teams to run the ball effectively although the Vikings have a good chance to do well with Peterson. Meanwhile, Orton has been putting up nice numbers for the Bears of late. Conversely, Frerotte has been doing well and faces a Bears' pass defense that gives up over 250 yards a game. Frerotte is really cooking with Berrian and Wade while Orton is connecting with Hester, Davis and Olsen.

Conventional wisdom would seem to point to this game being something around 20-17 or 17-13, a score like that. But could this be a surprise shootout of the week as both teams find success throwing the ball?

Thoughts?

I tend to agree. But, then again, I'm starting Orton so I'm biased. He will throw 30+ times for sure. MN's offense will have to execute a lot better than last week's putrid showing vs. the Lions for the over to hit. Just flew home from Chicago. Supposedly, weather will be great this weekend - no issues there.

Users who are viewing this thread