What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears vs Broncos - Week 2 (1 Viewer)

They went to command control and apparently that's how they do it. 
Yes apparently they successfully enforced a wacky rule

@footballzebras: On the DEN extra-point, they were flagged for delay from the 2, so they enforce on the 15 for the kick. Then, a CHI offside can be applied to go back to the 15 OR enforce from the 2 to the 1, and the delay foul essentially disappears

Any video of the final play before the kick? Curious to see the clock.
I can't find it either - every video on Twitter from the Bears last driver is the BS call on Chubb or the winning FG. 

Ultimately, this is what the NFL is now.  Horse #### calls affecting the outcome of games on a regular basis. 

Did they give any reasoning for having called roughing the passer?  Was it because of that weird thing where you can't come down on top of the quarterback with your weight?

Did they give any reasoning for having called roughing the passer?  Was it because of that weird thing where you can't come down on top of the quarterback with your weight?
I don't understand how you're supposed to rush the quarterback if that play is going to be called roughing.  That looked like a completely clean, routine hit to me.

I don't understand how you're supposed to rush the quarterback if that play is going to be called roughing.  That looked like a completely clean, routine hit to me.
And I 100% agree with you.  I was just curious as to whether or not they have attempted to offer any justification for the call.

For those blaming the terrible roughing the passer call as the reason the Bears won don't forget the same BS call was made against the Bears earlier in the game.  Not only that but the Bears also had a BS personal foul call against them as well.  I can't remember which but one of those terrible calls led to a FG against the Bears which would have affected the outcome as well.  Looks like it evened out in the end.

For those blaming the terrible roughing the passer call as the reason the Bears won don't forget the same BS call was made against the Bears earlier in the game.  Not only that but the Bears also had a BS personal foul call against them as well.  I can't remember which but one of those terrible calls led to a FG against the Bears which would have affected the outcome as well.  Looks like it evened out in the end.
Just to clarify, I didn't have a rooting interest in this game.  I'm just speaking as a fan.  I don't want bull#### penalties to "even out."  I want them to not get called in the first place.

I hope I don't across as an old man yelling at clouds here, spouting stuff like "Let's just put a skirt on the quarterback while we're at it."  I'm fine with banning low hits.  I'm fine with banning driving the QB into the turf with the crown of your helmet.  I think allowing for intentional grounding outside the pocket has improved the game.  But the roughing calls that were made in this game were just absurd -- they were pass rushers who were tackling the QB a split second after the ball came out.  I literally don't know what rushers are supposed to do on these plays.

Just to clarify, I didn't have a rooting interest in this game.  I'm just speaking as a fan.  I don't want bull#### penalties to "even out."  I want them to not get called in the first place.

I hope I don't across as an old man yelling at clouds here, spouting stuff like "Let's just put a skirt on the quarterback while we're at it."  I'm fine with banning low hits.  I'm fine with banning driving the QB into the turf with the crown of your helmet.  I think allowing for intentional grounding outside the pocket has improved the game.  But the roughing calls that were made in this game were just absurd -- they were pass rushers who were tackling the QB a split second after the ball came out.  I literally don't know what rushers are supposed to do on these plays.
I agree, I'd rather not see them at all.  My point was that the outcome of the game most likely would've been a Bears win if those calls were not made.

for those complaining about a second being left or not......everybody and their brother knows at that point that if the pass is completed in the middle of the field the player is going down and giving himself up and the team wants to call a timeout....pretty much every player and coach was probably screaming for it....and every official knew it was coming as well before the play even happened....so yes, they still have to "call it" but its almost really a formality......

Users who are viewing this thread