What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Been a good run...I'm done with the FF (1 Viewer)

It's all about the group of people you have.   My long running (1999) main league got ####ty about 5 years ago.  Constant fighting and bickering.   As commish it was a massive drain.   I booted the 2 main malcontents and it's been a dream ever sense.   The league has been fun again for the past 4 years.   The people you're with are everything.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of room in FFA. 
Yeah, I have tried to stay tuned in to a handful of topics of there (stocks, Cutting the cable, etc).  As a whole, all you guys I chat with here and there are great and it is always great to read when someone has really good insight/info to any number of random life topics that shows up in the FFA.  

FF has been a great and huge part of my life but I think its like most things in life in where there are times and places for things in segments of your life but at some point we all kind of transition to other things, even if it is temporary and return.  Thinking of FF (the highs and the lows) draws my mind back to a specific period of my life and I guess I am into a new chapter right now.  Wouldn't trade it for anything but, for now, it is refreshing to sit back and see football from a different perspective (kind of like if you watched a movie 10 times from one seat and then one day just decided to go sit on the other side of the movie theater...just for change). 

All you guys have a great season and I'm hoping to be part of the conversations with you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad my high school buddies still get together for a weekend of eating, drinking and fantasy football.  I look forward to it every year and it's what really keeps me interested in fantasy football. This is year 27 of that league.  

I'm in 2 other online draft leagues that I pretty much hate but like the commishes and they are cheap so I stay in.  They are boring as hell but whatever.  I'd agree 100% with you if not for my draft weekend with the boys.
27 years. that's so awesome. those really are the best leagues.

i've cut down to one league now. it's been around for 25 years, i've been in it for 15 and this is my 10th year as commish.

the last several years, i fly cross country every year to handle the live auction. it's great to see old friends and new owners who have joined the league over the years and become new friends. and now with technology, we've got a group What'sApp chat that's super active and fun.

i also love the fact that since i live so far away, this is the best way to keep in contact with my five best dude friends from home. and since i'm commissioner, i basically have to talk to these guys a couple times a week.

i was in some different leagues, but they just stopped feeling all that great: online draft, little to no trash talking, owners checking out midseason, etc. meh.

leagues with old friends that have been around for a while are the best and the only ones worth the time anymore.

Done......it's all about just watching football again. Loving this Notre Dame/Texas game on right now in Double OT!!!

College Football Saturdays....Dolphins and Red Zone on Sundays.

Simple.

Got a panicked phone call from a friend......of course tonight his the draft and he has a local 12 team standard league (I know 8 of the owners from my son's travel baseball circles).....yep you guessed it...asked me to take a spot of a guy who bailed this morning without warning.

I am like "dude"! "Well where is he picking, what's the buy in"? It is a big money league ($500) and it is the 12 hole.

#### it....let me steal some money from these guys. All a bunch of well to do guys, who think they know fantasy football (but half of them I know do not).

Drafting tonight.

Every time I try to get away......they drag me back in.... :bag:  

LMFAO.....1 league. But you know what....maybe that is what I should have kept all along. It will be the like the old days. One team, rooting for one set of players....simple, clean.

Fun again (I hope).

Got a panicked phone call from a friend......of course tonight his the draft and he has a local 12 team standard league (I know 8 of the owners from my son's travel baseball circles).....yep you guessed it...asked me to take a spot of a guy who bailed this morning without warning.

I am like "dude"! "Well where is he picking, what's the buy in"? It is a big money league ($500) and it is the 12 hole.

#### it....let me steal some money from these guys. All a bunch of well to do guys, who think they know fantasy football (but half of them I know do not).

Drafting tonight.

Every time I try to get away......they drag me back in.... :bag:  

LMFAO.....1 league. But you know what....maybe that is what I should have kept all along. It will be the like the old days. One team, rooting for one set of players....simple, clean.

Fun again (I hope).
You did the right thing by stepping up and getting back into the league.  Those guys should appreciate that. 

Keep FF simple.  Stay up to date on NFL happenings but do not spend hours fretting over every little move.  As long as you can keep time spent on FF to a minimal amount and keep it from feeling like work, you will be OK. 

Good luck. 

Users who are viewing this thread