What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ben Watson (1 Viewer)

DaTruth

Footballguy
Does anyone have any info as to how long he'll be out? I didn't see it posted anywhere. Hoping that he plays this week.

Thanks!

DaTruth

Last edited by a moderator:
I here 50/50 chance he plays this week, and given that Kyle Brady got hurt I'd lean toward him playing this week. I'll have a better answer for you later in the week.

I here 50/50 chance he plays this week, and given that Kyle Brady got hurt I'd lean toward him playing this week. I'll have a better answer for you later in the week.
David, anything new on Morris?
Likely out until Decemember and talk surfacing of him getting placed on IR.
Where did you get this info from? Where is the link? Who said this? Who are you? Where are you?
David Yudkin is the guy we rely on for inside info on the Pats...he is the link...

Where did you get this info from? Where is the link? Who said this? Who are you? Where are you?
I work here. I'm just outside of Boston. I know people in the locker room. There is no link. My intel is reliable. Ask others.

I work here. I'm just outside of Boston. I know people in the locker room. There is no link. My intel is reliable. Ask others.
On PFW in progress today (the Patriots web broadcast) they thought he (Watson) would play this week. But they thought Seymour and Brown would be brought off of PUP before both Jacksons which wasn't the case.

Pigskins, he speaks the truth. :goodposting:

On PFW in progress today (the Patriots web broadcast) they thought he (Watson) would play this week. But they thought Seymour and Brown would be brought off of PUP before both Jacksons which wasn't the case.
I'm not hearing good things about Troy Brown. The Pats have no choice but to take him off the PUP list this week (per league rules) with the hopes of adding him to the regular roster within three weeks. I'm not sure he'll make it back this year and he may have to go on IR.

October 31, 2007, 12:51Patriots :: TETE Watson PracticesMike Reiss, Boston Globe - [Full Article]Patriots TE Ben Watson was suiting up to practice with the team today during the media-access period. Watson, who has missed the last two games and two weeks of workouts did not comment on whether or not he would be ready by Sunday's game at Indianapolis.

My guy says Watson 99% to play this week.
Good news. Thanks.Still wish the Pats had started David Thomas on PUP instead of rushing him back and having him re-injure his foot.With Watson out I don't think the Pats loose a ton with Thomas as a receiving threat. He'd likely be a Top 10 TE starting in place of Watson.

"Oct 31 Watson, who has missed the last two games with a left ankle injury, was present for the media-access portion Wednesday's practice, the Boston Globe reports.

Recommendation: Watson did not appear to be limited, and seemed to be moving well, which bodes well for his chances of playing Sunday against the Colts. More on his status as the week rolls along."

Hey David, you hearing anything about Asante Samuel sitting out practice? In street clothes?
The official version is that "CB Asante Samuel was not present for the media-access portion of the practice."The unofficial version is that he showed up in street clothes and did not practice at all. So yes, Samuel did not practice today. And for now no one is talking about it, so I can't tell you why. Even my guy doesn't know and it caught him completely by surprise.We may know more at the close of business today when the pats file their Weds. practice/injury list with the league. I can't even begin to speculate what the deal is here.

Hey David, you hearing anything about Asante Samuel sitting out practice? In street clothes?
The official version is that "CB Asante Samuel was not present for the media-access portion of the practice."The unofficial version is that he showed up in street clothes and did not practice at all. So yes, Samuel did not practice today. And for now no one is talking about it, so I can't tell you why. Even my guy doesn't know and it caught him completely by surprise.We may know more at the close of business today when the pats file their Weds. practice/injury list with the league. I can't even begin to speculate what the deal is here.
Could be "Team Decision." Pats have been giving guys a practice off here and there this year.

The guess of the PFW staff was that he was "sick". They were not indicating any sigh of physical injury. Don't forget that Light had a bad flu a couple of weeks ago. I think these bugs get into a locker room and hit players randomly.

On Asante Samuel-

I just reviewed the end of the 'Skins game, and he was in there on the very last D series, down to the last play in which Cooley scored a TD to the opposite side of Samuel. But on the previous play, Campbell threw a 15 yard pass to Moss with Samuel making the tackle. He made the play with no problem, appeared to be moving perfectly fine, got up immediately after the tackle with no signs of any injury, and stayed in until the end of the drive. The Redskins were throwing away from Samuel's side for most of that last drive, so they clearly didnt see anything wrong with him. I dont know why he missed practice, but I can almost assure you that its not anything serious.

I dont know why he missed practice, but I can almost assure you that its not anything serious.
what we don't know is what he was doing from Sunday until Wednesday morning. Who knows if anything happened elsewhere (albeit very unlikely). Sickness is the most likely explanation, but we won't know until the Pats release their daily practice/injury report.

:lmao: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :P

:lmao: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :confused:
David said Watson could be put on IR. Then today he practiced. You're the fn noob ret a r d.

:lmao: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :confused:
David said Watson could be put on IR. Then today he practiced. You're the fn noob ret a r d.
Watson practiced today. David said that Morris could be put on IR. They are in fact two different players.

:lmao: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :lmao:
Ummm...please show me that link. I have never seen any discussion of Watson going on the IR are you thinking about Morris? Anyway you post is way :confused:

:bag: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

Read your own quote, Einstein. He was responding to the question about Morris. :bag:

Read your own quote, Einstein. He was responding to the question about Morris. :bag:
:lmao:

:cry: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :)
Read your own quote, Einstein. He was responding to the question about Morris. :lmao:
:cry:
:lmao: :lmao: This kid is hysterical

:lmao: F'n Noobs Good info as always David. :popcorn:
Read your own quote, Einstein. He was responding to the question about Morris. :lmao:
:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: This kid is hysterical
Wanna getaway? :lmao:

October 31, 2007

Samuel update

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

CB Asante Samuel was held out of practice today due to a team decision. The issue was a personal situation and agent Alonzo Shavers said today that "he's fine, he's healthy."

Samuel is expected to return to practice in the coming days, likely on Thursday.

Per the Globe

The Patriots released their Thursday injury report. The changes from Wednesday are that CB Asante Samuel (team decision), WR Randy Moss (team decision) and ILB Adalius Thomas (ankle) are no longer listed.

The report:

Did not participate in practice

ILB Eric Alexander (knee)

S Mel Mitchell (groin)

RB Sammy Morris (chest)

S Eugene Wilson (ankle)

Limited participation in practice

TE Kyle Brady (team decision)

QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

OLB Mike Vrabel (shoulder)

TE Benjamin Watson (ankle)

Per the GlobeThe Patriots released their Thursday injury report. The changes from Wednesday are that CB Asante Samuel (team decision), WR Randy Moss (team decision) and ILB Adalius Thomas (ankle) are no longer listed.The report:Did not participate in practiceILB Eric Alexander (knee)S Mel Mitchell (groin)RB Sammy Morris (chest)S Eugene Wilson (ankle)Limited participation in practiceTE Kyle Brady (team decision)QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)OLB Mike Vrabel (shoulder)TE Benjamin Watson (ankle)
Any inside intel into what Watson was limited from doing?

Per the GlobeThe Patriots released their Thursday injury report. The changes from Wednesday are that CB Asante Samuel (team decision), WR Randy Moss (team decision) and ILB Adalius Thomas (ankle) are no longer listed.The report:Did not participate in practiceILB Eric Alexander (knee)S Mel Mitchell (groin)RB Sammy Morris (chest)S Eugene Wilson (ankle)Limited participation in practiceTE Kyle Brady (team decision)QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)OLB Mike Vrabel (shoulder)TE Benjamin Watson (ankle)
Any inside intel into what Watson was limited from doing?
Contact and/or team drills most likely. Probably just ran around, did some route running by himself, etc....

Any more word on Watson's status for this weekend?
Still 99% to play.
From Rotoworld:Ben Watson (ankle) was absent for the media portion of Patriots practice Friday after being present on both Wednesday and Thursday.Although he was likely limited and will be listed as "questionable," it looks like Watson will need another week to recover fully from his high sprained ankle. Look for Kyle Brady to start in his place against IndianapolisIs he still 99% chance to play? Just making sure cause it's an afternoon game.

Users who are viewing this thread