What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Benching a MNF player to ensure the win (1 Viewer)

I would NEVER do this....it's too close to the "I want the top seed so lets start my scrubs" line of thinking. Start what you think wil score you your highest score. Anything else is garbage
It’s not remotely in any way whatsoever like that in a redraft league.

Zero connection to that.

I would NEVER do this....it's too close to the "I want the top seed so lets start my scrubs" line of thinking. Start what you think wil score you your highest score. Anything else is garbage
I completely agree, but once you have the win, why risk the loss? In your line of thinking, HC Andy Reid would keep Mahomes in throwing bombs when the Chiefs are up by 100 points with 2 minutes left. If I was sure I would win by removing a player from my lineup, I would do it every time.

Our long national nightmare is over
No one is asking you to comment in this thread and now you have done it twice. He had a legit question and there were some good answers and options presented by both sides.

If you have nothing to say, except to throw shade, then maybe don't say anything at all.

It’s not remotely in any way whatsoever like that in a redraft league.

Zero connection to that.
It's not remotely in any way whatsoever like that in ANY league. H2H matchup the goal is to win. You are ensuring you get a win. That is not at all like throwing a game to get a better draft pick....or trying to lose to manipulate the seedings for a better matchup in a redraft.

Our long national nightmare is over
No one is asking you to comment in this thread and now you have done it twice. He had a legit question and there were some good answers and options presented by both sides.

If you have nothing to say, except to throw shade, then maybe don't say anything at all.
OK first of all, lighten up, Francis. It was a joke. I posted that immediately after Etienne scored his TD, under the assumption that he started him and this clinched his victory. Zero shade.

Second, I have posted numerous times in this thread. I gave a straightforward, good-faith answer to his original question, and then commented on other ancillary issues that have come up.

Not sure what strawman you're fighting here, but it doesn't resemble me in the slightest

aren't total points a tiebreaker in most leagues, i've lost and won that tiebreaker by a handful of points before, I would just play him and get what points I could. Chance of negative points in this case is extremely low.
they are.
as a guy whose team missed the playoffs as a .500 team I lost a playoff spot last year based on this. First time ever that a .500 team missed the playoff in our league and this was the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread