What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bengals talking to Arrington (1 Viewer)

scooper

Footballguy
Bengals talking with agent for Arrington

By Carlos "Big C" Holmes

Dayton Daily News

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Cincinnati Bengals have been relatively quiet thus far during this free agent process, signing only veteran S Dexter Jackson, an unrestricted free agent from Tampa Bay, to a four-year contract on Monday. However, the club could be on the verge of making major headlines if it can land arguably the top-rated linebacker on the open market, LaVar Arrington.

Talks between the Bengals and representatives for Arrington are believed to be in the early stages, but things could heat up real soon.

According to Arrington's agent, Kevin Poston, the Bengals have contacted him regarding the Pro-Bowl linebacker, with the latest conversation taking place on Monday.

"Marvin [Lewis] definitely knows LaVar and there's definitely interest there," Poston said. "Marvin not only coached LaVar, but got to know him very intimately on the defensive side of the ball. Cincinnati is a great organization under Marvin's leadership and I'm sure he would like to get LaVar in there if he could. I think Marvin will try to do that."

Arrington, 27, played only one season (2002) under Marvin Lewis when Lewis served as defensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins. Arrington had his best output as a pro that year, registering 92 tackles and 11 sacks. Adding Arrington, who is versatile, aggressive and relentless, to the mix would give the Bengals a lot of flexibility on defense both rushing the passer and stopping the run. Such a move would likely nix the experiment of David Pollack playing the outside linebacker position. During the season Pollack was most effective while playing defensive end and showed that he could play the position at the pro level, which many doubted.
Link

That would be huge for them. HUGE!

I think they are a few defensive players away from being incredible if Palmer comes back as scheduled. They have the makings of a great franchise to a casual observer (well not casual, say removed since I am more concerned with the NFC).

Plus I'd rather see Arrington n the AFC. :thumbup:

That would be huge for them. HUGE!

I think they are a few defensive players away from being incredible if Palmer comes back as scheduled. They have the makings of a great franchise to a casual observer (well not casual, say removed since I am more concerned with the NFC).

Plus I'd rather see Arrington n the AFC. :thumbup:
I gotta love trading for Cinci last week. This would be a monster signing. I guess Arrington has given up on his goal of staying in the NFC East so he can stick to the Skins every time he plays them. Cinci would be a great place for him.....

i thought lewis & arrington clashed when lewis was WAS DC, over his notorious freelancing & undisciplined ways...

the article mentions poston contacted team, not the other way around... & he claims there is interest... hmmhh... i'd be a little sceptical of this... though if arrington could play more structured, or lewis could scheme around that quirky tendency, i could see how arrington would be a nice coup for the defense...

with that offense, if they improve the defense, they could have a legit shot at the super bowl (if they don't already)...

i thought lewis & arrington clashed when lewis was WAS DC, over his notorious freelancing & undisciplined ways...

the article mentions poston contacted team, not the other way around... & he claims there is interest... hmmhh... i'd be a little sceptical of this... though if arrington could play more structured, or lewis could scheme around that quirky tendency, i could see how arrington would be a nice coup for the defense...

with that offense, if they improve the defense, they could have a legit shot at the super bowl (if they don't already)...
IMO, the NFC's road to Superbowl goes through Cinci.

Unless the SB is played in Cinci, I don't see that happening....

Unless the SB is played in Cinci, I don't see that happening....
LOL :wall: :shootsselfinhead:

:confused:

Marvin Lewis famously called Arrington "the most undisciplined player I've ever coached." Now he wants to bring him onboard?

This would give me a boner. Pollack needs to be a DE and that was easily seen during the season. They are blind if they don't switch him back.

:confused:

Marvin Lewis famously called Arrington "the most undisciplined player I've ever coached." Now he wants to bring him onboard?
That is the same question I had when I read this thread title. Marvin wants Lavar back?NO CHANCE this gets finalized.

Users who are viewing this thread