What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best and Worst Halloween Candy (1 Viewer)

popeye said:
I'm unsure when almond snickers became a thing - but it may be one of the best things ever.
I think it became a thing when someone foolishly decided to NOT sell Mars bars here in the U.S. any longer.  Mars bars, in my memory, were just almond version of Snickers - again - going from old man memory.

I didn't realize Circus Peanuts were ever given out at Halloween. Those things suck. My wife buys them ever so often.

Best: 100 Grand

Worst: Candy Corn (yet I always seem to dip into a dish at some point)

Tough one. I guess it's a little different these days. Pennies were the worst thing I ever got. WTF gives out circus peanuts? Those things are turrible. I grew up in NE Philly near an industrial park that had all kinds of manufactured stuff including candy bars, a beverage distributor, a Reddi Whip plant, and a bakery distribution center. I used to get whole candy bars, cans of soda (Frank's from way back when), and sometimes even my favorite, a full size Clark Bar. Imo, they are superior to Butterfinger in every way.

My dad likes circus peanuts, Peeps, ginger snaps, butter pecan ice cream and a host of other unpopular stuff.  Not sure if he has bad taste, or it is a genius move to embrace what others reject so as to always have a treat when all of the 'good stuff' is gone. (big family problems)

My dad likes circus peanuts, Peeps, ginger snaps, butter pecan ice cream and a host of other unpopular stuff.  Not sure if he has bad taste, or it is a genius move to embrace what others reject so as to always have a treat when all of the 'good stuff' is gone. (big family problems)
Is this really not popular? I went to a local hipster ice cream place here in Tampa last weekend and had some of the best butter pecan ice cream I've ever had.

Is this really not popular? I went to a local hipster ice cream place here in Tampa last weekend and had some of the best butter pecan ice cream I've ever had.
Unpopular relative to Chocolate, Oreo, Peanut Butter, Fudge Ripple, Mint Choc Chip etc. in a house with a lot of kids. 

I didn't realize Circus Peanuts were ever given out at Halloween. Those things suck. My wife buys them ever so often.

Worst: Candy Corn (yet I always seem to dip into a dish at some point)
Not just awful forms of candy but what's with those names?  Circus Peanuts?  Candy Corn?  Both peanuts and corn should get a lawyer and sue.

Butter Pecan is a "grandparent flavor" ...not just an adult flavor ...A GRANDMA/PA FLAVOR. 

I'm old ...and it was a grandpa flavor when I was a kid ...and still is.  

If a kid orders a single scoop butter pecan, he's probably got a bad anchor tattoo and smokes Lucky Strike non-filters.  

When I was a kid: favorite was Caravelle, disliked Bonomo Turkish Taffy

Now (if were to eat candy): favorite is Reeses PB Cup (frozen), dislike Candy Dots 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread