What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Car You Ever Had? (1 Viewer)

2001 Toyota Echo.
Bought new. Still my daily driver.

303K miles. Only one repair over a couple hundred bucks, and that came after 301K miles.

During that repair, the mechanic said the camshafts looked like that of a car with about 50K miles.

Subaru Outback. I drive them for work (on my 6th one). Ultimate utility vehicle. Got a family, dog, need to haul boxes or medical equipment, need good gas mileage, need awd, need flexibility, need safety etc…. It covers all the bases. I’ve had a 2005, 2011, 2015, 2018, 2020, and a 2023 and all have been fantastic vehicles.
I bought an '03 Outback (H6) about a year ago.
My first Subaru and I love that thing for all the reasons you mention.

As much as I love Toyota, I expect my next vehicle purchase to be a Subaru.
People rightfully love Toyota's so much it really drives up cost.

Subaru's seem to offer a lot of bang for the buck.

Best was a 2017 Range Rover. Never had an issue with it as most would think. Super pure ride. Traded it in for a new one.

Most fun car was a 1980 BWW 328i manual. So much fun.

2000 Toyota Camry
I bought it used in 2002, drove it for 14 years.
My daughter still drives it today.
Normal maintenance stuff but otherwise, still drives great.
That era of Japanese cars were freakin bulletproof. 2000 - 2007 is like peak Japanese reliability for 4 cylinder engines. Gas mileage and emissions improved after that, but they had wrung out all problems with their standard drivetrains at the point. Also, I think most were still made in Japan.

As a loyal Toyota guy, I have many to choose from. All were bought used with the exception of my wife’s ‘16 4runner that has 90k on it and not one thing has broken on it since the day we got it. My favorite is my current ‘07 Tundra Limited. Lifted, black on black. I bought it almost 5 years ago with 90k for $18.9k and it just hit 141k. I’ve replaced a caliper or two and just upgraded the old glazed over headlights to sharp looking LED white light set up. I’d drive that 16 year old vehicle across the country without hesitation and I could probably sell it today for close to 3/4 what I paid for it.

I’ve never regretted a dollar I’ve spent purchasing or maintaining a Toyota because they’ve always paid me back.

FIrst car: 1983 Mercury Cougar. Loved that car until I Totaled it

Favorite car: Honda Prelude 4 wheel steering. Again, a lot of times the "favorite" is the one you "grew up in". I loved that car in college and basically kept buying similar versions (but in the acura brand) after the fact. If it didn't get an "unfixable" trunk leak I would have driven it into the ground. Edit to add: that honda 4cyl 2.0 L engine is such a fixture that anytime I get in a Honda with that engine I am transported back to college.

Current vehicle, which is on its way to being my favorite ever but its early" Rivian R1T. Love this electric truck. Superfast bettering ram of a vehicle with all the bells and whistles.

Subaru Outback. I drive them for work (on my 6th one). Ultimate utility vehicle. Got a family, dog, need to haul boxes or medical equipment, need good gas mileage, need awd, need flexibility, need safety etc…. It covers all the bases. I’ve had a 2005, 2011, 2015, 2018, 2020, and a 2023 and all have been fantastic vehicles.

I am a big subaru outback fan, I have had a 97 and a 99 along with a 94 legacy wagon. Great vehicles.

Our current car- a 2019 KIA Niro Hybrid. So very nice.

Also loved our 2008 Honda Fit Sport. We had it in Blackberry Pearl, the hardest color to find. It was the only car that people came up to us and asked us about. We must have sold a whole bunch that way. It had magic seats and could carry a ton of oddly shaped stuff. It was one of the cars we traded in for the KIA.

Only been a few months, but it's my '23 C8 Stingray. Enjoy every minute in it.
I realllly like the new vettes, but just can’t pull the trigger to buy one, given limited open road driving here. Must be fun.
The open road driving is fine. But the real fun is at every single traffic light when I'm in front.

Surprisingly, it's actually the most comfortable car I've ever had as well. So, as a daily driver, it still works. They knocked it out of the park with this one. And I was never a Corvette fan before the new design.

But, the best part of all is the kids LOVE riding in it.

I realllly like the new vettes, but just can’t pull the trigger to buy one, given limited open road driving here. Must be fun.
The open road driving is fine. But the real fun is at every single traffic light when I'm in front.

Surprisingly, it's actually the most comfortable car I've ever had as well. So, as a daily driver, it still works. They knocked it out of the park with this one. And I was never a Corvette fan before the new design.

What a tremendous car for the money. Average new car price is just under 50 grand and you can get the base model of this beast for 65.

What a tremendous car for the money. Average new car price is just under 50 grand and you can get the base model of this beast for 65.
Exactly. And the base model has most everything you need. Aside from a few small extras, the only thing I added was the hard convertible top. And so, so worth it. But mine is the base.

Yep. Blows my mind people waste money on all these souped up trucks, when a legit exotic car can be purchased for the same price.

Cleaning my 2014 GMC Acadia. I got frustrated finding several more little things that were broken or breaking down with the interior. Things like a register for the AC unit or lining for the door or a button on the radio controls in the backside of the vehicle. But then I thought about it for a second.... the car is nearly 10 years old and has 150K miles on it. I replaced the brakes and have had WAY too many replacing of the headlights (seems like every 1 1/2 years they go out after the originals died about 4 or 5 years into owning it). The service lights for the air bag and tire pressure monitor have recently come on which I need to get looked at. The electrical controls for the windows have gotten finicky with me unable to control the passenger window from the drivers controls but is fine for the passenger to control- I am sure that should be an easy fix though. However, there have been no major issues or fixes. It got me thinking and I had to say that it has been the best car that I have had so far. The next closest was my F-150 but since it needed it's transmission fixed, I couldn't give it a better placing above the Acadia. It has gone through nearly 10 years with three small children in it and I think it has held up well.

Outside of that, it is a good all around vehicle and is one of the safest vehicles available (at least back in 2014 when I bought it as I did a ton of research coming off a major accident with my F-150 mentioned previously). Not the best for gas mileage but it has held up well and been a good vehicle. My only gripe about it has been the placing the hooks for your dry cleaning which are placed next to third row seating which either you have to stretch back to it or go through the back side and against stretch to reach it (whatever Engineer that made that decisions needs to be fired)

What was your best car you have ever owned and why?
69 Firebird when I was a senior in high school. Pristine muscle car. Loved it

Another + for the 4Runner. Mine is a 2022 so I'm going on faith that the reliability will hold... But this thing is exactly what I was looking for when I was car shopping last year.

Roomy for the kids in the back seat I can go anywhere I want, comfortable, plenty of room in the back, I feel like there's nothing my 4Runner can't do.

My dad bought an 02 Corolla. He hated it. As soon as it was paid off he bought an 05 Corolla and just gave me the old one. Zero meaningful repairs in 14 years. That's my kinda car - cheap, but reliable. Starting to doubt cheap will ever be a thing again, so when it's time for the next one for the first time in my life I may actually open my wallet.

Yep. Blows my mind people waste money on all these souped up trucks, when a legit exotic car can be purchased for the same price.
I’m prep’ing/shopping for my next fun car. Looking at the 50-60k range. I’ve narrowed it down to a C6 Z06, C8, 6th Gen ZL1 Camaro or a GT350. Glad to here your loving your C8. Ton of car for the money.

I’m prep’ing/shopping for my next fun car. Looking at the 50-60k range. I’ve narrowed it down to a C6 Z06, C8, 6th Gen ZL1 Camaro or a GT350. Glad to here your loving your C8. Ton of car for the money.

Owner of a '17 track pack GT350 here. Great car. If you have any questions about it let me know.

I can't speak to the others and I've never owned a sports car before, but I can't recommend the C8 enough if you have the chance to get one.

If you do decide to go that route, feel free to ask any questions, especially regarding options, etc.

Be between the C8 and the GT350 for me. Two totally different cars though.

63 amc rambler three on the tree paid like 400 bucks and it went like a bat out of hell with a small block 8 got it when i was a teen and it was old but not too old which is a sad commentary on how old i am now but man was it fun had a horn bar and all the papershakers would stop and stare when i drove her past mullens in watertown take that to the bank bromigos

best runner was a late 90s second generation body style jeep cherokee got just under 400000 miles out of it when i finally decided that replacing a head was more than she was worth and more work than i cared to handle anymore but i gave it to a cousin and they replaced it and i guess got something like another 150000 out of her by that time jeep had made the thing for so long that they had all the kinks worked out and the straight six was bulletproof for the record i did not have a rack on it or kc lights or a if found flip over sticker because i am not a gigantic doosh laroosh take that to the bank brochachos

Dopest was a 66 Mustang.
Yeah same, I had a '69 Mustang (on loan from my pops) that I drove for a year or two. Its engine size plus fact it was convertible made it very rare; only a couple thousand produced that year. In fact, it was so rare that some guy from New Zealand flew out to buy it and ship it back to his island. I always regretted selling it but it was my dad's call.

"Best" car? Probably the one I have now: 2020 Kia Sorento. All the bells and whistles, love the color... love the leather seats, panoramic moonroof and way it drives. It's only the second "new" car I've ever owned, too.

Favorite
83 Datsun 280ZX. Frame rails rusted out in 2004 with 250k on it.
Next Favorite and current fun car
75 Datsun 280Z. Not as many comforts in this one, but 102k on it and runs nice.
Had a 74 260z for a couple years in my early 20’s. Even lived a full year in Mammoth with that car. We got 30ft of snow that year and man did I learn amazing car control because of it. Turn the wheel a tiny bit, tap the throttle, slid around the corner! Easy. Lol.

Favorite
83 Datsun 280ZX. Frame rails rusted out in 2004 with 250k on it.
Next Favorite and current fun car
75 Datsun 280Z. Not as many comforts in this one, but 102k on it and runs nice.

First gen is my next vehicle. Been pining for them for a couple years now. Im giving my youngest daughter my truck in about 6 months and the wife gave me the green light.

Favorite was the 1982 CJ-7 Laredo. it was the car I drove senior year and two years after high school, and nothing but good times in that thing.

Best had to be the 1980 Buick Century (SEXY) which was handed down to me by a grandparent. I rolled this thing on it's roof, and after it was flipped over, I put a quart of oil in it, and drove it home. Driver's mirror was broken at the base in the accident, but unfortunately managed to hang on by the wire that you use to adjust it. So when you went down the highway, the mirror would swing in the wind, and bang against the door. It was called the Band-Aid.

Family joked about how it could not be killed. When we finally got rid of it, some guy came and took it away for free. He mailed me a picture a few months later, he had won a demolition derby with the Band-Aid.:moneybag:

Chevy Tahoe

• 2000 (bought new) - Had for 10 years
  • 2007 (bought used in 2010)
  • 2018 (bought used - was dealer's car for 6 months and had 5K miles on it)
Never had any major issues with them.

It's impossible for me to pin it down to a single vehicle, sorry for the way too long windy post, I've been thinking about this thread for a few days now. Right now, I have four vehicles (2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - our son's car now, 2009 Corvette, 2018 Honda Pilot Touring and 2021 F-150) but if I had the space for more I'm sure I'd have more and it's not to show off or impress anyone, I just absolutely love cars and now trucks. These are just a few of the cars I've owned In no particular order :

1993 300ZX - 5 speed in Sapphire Blue metallic - exterior and interior - so I bought this car in 2005 and I sold it to a buddy of mine in 2012. I think the car had like 39k miles on and I think I put like 7k miles on it? I bought it from the original owner, it was in very good condition but I did replace a bunch of parts on it over the time I owned it (new clutch, brakes (calipers, rotors, ss brake lines), tires, I rebuilt the t-tops, I put in a short shifter, oem shift knob, shift and ebrake boots, I replaced the oem cd-player with a nos oem cd player, etc.) and I must admit that I believe I poured more money (just in maintenance and oem replacement parts) than probably any other car I ever owned but I really enjoyed it. And, so the thing of it is, I fell in love with the Z32 300ZX (1990-1996) when I was in college. It was my goal and my dream to one day own a 993 Porsche 911 or a Z32 300ZX - I loved them both equally. I had my time with it but, eventually, I fell in love with the C6 Corvette.

2009 Z-51 Corvette 6-speed in Cyber Gray metallic - exterior - and interior - although I swapped out the steering wheel with an expensive - D shaped wheel a couple of years ago. Anyway, I bought this car in 2012 from the original owner w/19k miles on it. I drove up to Michigan to get it. here's another picture of the day I got it and in front of the Corvette you can see a 2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited which my brother is driving. I still own this Corvette and it now has about 26k miles on it. So far all I've done is fluid and filter changes and a set of tires but it's due for more fluid/filter changes and another set of tires.

2003 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T 5-speed black/black - exterior before mods and exterior after mods. I bought this car brand new in 2003. In fact, I actually ordered this car from Volkswagen. I was looking to replace our 1996 Toyota Avalon XL and I stumbled upon a new black Passat at the dealership. The Passat wasn't my first choice because my first choice was a 2003 Subaru WRX wagon but I couldn't find one, on my way to the Subaru/VW dealership I stopped by the BMW/VW/Infiniti dealership near me and I saw the 2003 Passat and I must admit, I loved the way it looked. Worst transaction I've ever made in my life. I got totally screwed on my trade in, I paid full MSRP for the Passat but I was in love and I didn't care, I thought it was awesome. I owned this car for about 2.5 years and I was all in. I did so many mods to this car it was crazy. I lowered the car on lowering springs and shocks, I bought "Atlanta" wheels for it which were the 16-inch oem VW wheels off the V8 Passat, I put on each and ever single German VW Passat part I could find (blue tinted aspherical mirrors, phatbox, rear fog light, etc. and on and on) but then one fine day. . . boom. . . this happened. It's not a great picture but the car was totaled. I was sitting at a stoplight and I was rear ended about about 45-50mph, the lady was on the phone.

2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited 5-speed - exterior and interior - and I bought this car brand new in 2006. I almost bought a BMW 330xi wagon w/a manual transmission but the VW experience and BMW's reputation kinda spooked me. I must admit that I dearly loved this car because, I mean, stick shift, turbo, all wheel drive, panoramic roof, lifted wagon and no amount of snow nor ice could ever seem to stop it. I REALLY wanted a Legacy GT Wagon but by that time Subaru stopped making them and I couldn't find one. Anyway, I did a few mods to it over the years I owned it, I installed a trailer hitch (never used it, not even once), short throw shifter, tinted windows, upgraded oem Subaru stereo but this car was pretty much fully loaded from the get go. It went through CV shafts about every 20-30k miles, it did need a throw out bearing and while I got the throw out bearing replaced I had the mechanic install a new clutch even though it really didn't need it. I had that car for 11 years and 125k miles.

2016 Subaru WRX 6-speed - exterior - and I can't find interior pictures of it right off hand. I traded the Outback for this car and while I really enjoyed the WRX Limited, I really missed the utility of my Outback. I put on these BBS wheels, a short throw shifter and a few odds and ends from Subispeed like this shift knob but after 6 years and 50k miles I badly wanted a pickup truck. So, I traded the WRX in for that Toyota Tacoma in the background of that picture there.

2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 6-speed MT - exterior and interior and I don't know what to say here about this truck. I traded in my WRX for this truck. It was absolutely beautiful, it only had 38k miles on it, it was fully certified pre-owned so it came with all new oem tires, all fluids/filters and I got a fantastic deal on it, you could call it a steal for what other Tacoma's were going for. At first, the only thing I didn't like were the speakers so I replaced all the speakers with really nice upgraded speakers and that fixed the stereo issue. But, as time went on, I just couldn't get comfortable in this truck. I thought the seats were horrible, I didn't like driving it and I got to the point where I just totally stopped driving it for about 3-4 months because I knew I really wanted a full size truck. So, I owned this Tacoma for 12 months, I put 5k miles on it and I got 3k more in trade than what I paid for it.

2021 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 4x4 - Agate Black - exterior and interior - and I love the ever living crap out this thing. It puts a smile on my face and I never thought in a million years that this manual transmission driving, car snob would ever find himself behind the wheel of a pickup truck but here I am. I looked at the Tundra first then the Dodge Ram, then the Denali and finally the F-150. To me, I just enjoyed driving the F-150 the most. It took me a good 3 months to find the truck and deal I wanted. This was exactly 12 months old, it had 4k miles on it. They were asking $6k under sticker, they gave me $3k more than I paid for the Tacoma and I couldn't resist the whole package deal, it has more options than I was looking for and the guy that had it before me babied it but when he ordered it, he ordered one with the console shifter but this one came with the column shifter and he hated it. The salesman that sold it to me said this column shifter drove him nuts, he almost immediately ordered a 2022 F-150, same spec but with the console shifter and he said it took him 10 months to get his truck but he finally got it and he was happy.

Last edited:
1974 Ford Capri 2000cc engine,4 sp cool looking and fast. great interior. trying to find another one, but they're up to 16k for a half decent one

It was my goal and my dream to one day own a 993 Porsche 911 or a Z32 300ZX
The Z is a fantastic car, but a 993 is truly something special.

Yeah, I completely get that. One of my favorite pictures of all time, I took this with my phone on the way to work one day. I'm not joking when I say this, hand to heart it's the honest to God truth but he broke down almost immediately after I took this picture. I had a meeting that I had to go to or I would have stopped to help but I felt horrible for the guy.

Yeah, I completely get that. One of my favorite pictures of all time, I took this with my phone on the way to work one day. I'm not joking when I say this, hand to heart it's the honest to God truth but he broke down almost immediately after I took this picture. I had a meeting that I had to go to or I would have stopped to help but I felt horrible for the guy.
Lol. Bummer.

here‘s a pic of my baby (or was mine, no longer). https://i.imgur.com/OBzt19e.jpg

1995 Ford F-150 - An all time classic. Simple, easy to work on, dependable - A true man's vehicle. I bought it for $2500 in 2010 and sold it for $3300 in 2018 because we needed more room in the cab and a bigger fuel tank for camping trips. After I sold it, I would see it around town and feel loss, and then the kid I sold it to totaled it. RIP to a great truck.

Why would you ever consider the front engine vette?

Favorite was the 1982 CJ-7 Laredo. it was the car I drove senior year and two years after high school, and nothing but good times in that thing.

Best had to be the 1980 Buick Century (SEXY) which was handed down to me by a grandparent. I rolled this thing on it's roof, and after it was flipped over, I put a quart of oil in it, and drove it home. Driver's mirror was broken at the base in the accident, but unfortunately managed to hang on by the wire that you use to adjust it. So when you went down the highway, the mirror would swing in the wind, and bang against the door. It was called the Band-Aid.

Family joked about how it could not be killed. When we finally got rid of it, some guy came and took it away for free. He mailed me a picture a few months later, he had won a demolition derby with the Band-Aid.:moneybag:
ETA - I guess this responses didn’t take yesterday so here we are:

That’s amazing! Demolition Derby’s are so much fun. Havent been to one since I was a kid.

Lol. Bummer.

here‘s a pic of my baby (or was mine, no longer). https://i.imgur.com/OBzt19e.jpg

My ex-BIL had a canary yellow one he would let me drive occasionally. I hated to be seen in it (cause it was “hey look at me yellow”,) but it was fun. Got it up as high as 140 mph before I ran out of road.

As it’s going to be my fun car, track days, acutocross and spirited canyon runs are what I going to be doing with it. From a performance per dollar stand point the C6 with the LS7 and light weight is a must consider imo.

As it’s going to be my fun car, track days, acutocross and spirited canyon runs are what I going to be doing with it. From a performance per dollar stand point the C6 with the LS7 and light weight is a must consider imo.
That GT350 would be a blast for that.

Toyota 4 Runner

Zero problems for 8 years, sold it for only 18K less than what I paid for it.

I'm not sure why you'd by another SUV unless you have size requirements.
I had two of these over 15 years...but needed more room. So now have had a Toyota Sequoia for 3 years...love it.

Users who are viewing this thread