What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Christmas Movies (2 Viewers)

Fred Claus

I started watching Noelle every year. It's all based on the charm and likability of Anna Kendrick. But that's pretty darn high.

March of the Wooden Soldiers.

For a cartoon/Xmas special, I gotta go with the Freeze/Heat Miser brothers, so I'll pick a Year Without a Santa Clause.

A few recent additions:

Happiest Season (Hulu)
A Very Murray Christmas (Netflix)
Klaus (Netflix) - my favorite Santa Claus origin story
Violent Night (Amazon) - Die Hard with Santa Claus from last year. It's awesome.

I've always gone with Die Hard, but this year I'll go with something slightly more heartwarming. A Christmas movie with a young Mark Wahlberg wishing for a talking teddy bear named Ted. 🎁 🐻 🎄

I'm not in the right state of mind to rank them, but off the top of my head, here are my top 3:

A Christmas Story: quintessential storytelling of timeless themes that have endured for generations.
It's a Wonderful Life: Christmas lends itself to nostalgia; this movie just oozes nostalgia.
Charlie Brown Christmas: I'll count it as a movie even at 30 minutes, it tells the biblical story of Christmas, and the 'magic' of the season locks it in as iconic.

Miracle on 34th Street - original
The Santa Clause
Elf
Jingle All the Way
Muppets Christmas Carol
Christmas Vacation

Last year we decided we would make it a point to watch 1 on Christmas morning. Last year it was Christmas Vacation.

Last edited:
A couple older but maybe under the radar ones that I really enjoy

- Christmas in Connecticut (45)
- It Happened on 5th Avenue (47)
- The Thin Man (34)
- The Apartment (60)

Every year we watch the same old timey movies with a few modern classics .

Meet Me in St Louis
The Shop Around the Corner
Holiday Inn
Christmas Vacation
Muppet Christmas Carol

Always been partial to Scrooge with Albert Finney the musical version of a Christmas Carol.

Favorites are A Christmas Story and It’s a Wonderful Life.

Don’t understand the love for Elf found it rarely funny.

Completely unoriginal, but:

Elf
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story

I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life, which is apparently a great offense to my family. I know the premise, I've seen a lot of clips. Just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea and now I'll never watch it just to spite my brother :)

I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life, which is apparently a great offense to my family. I know the premise, I've seen a lot of clips. Just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea and now I'll never watch it just to spite my brother :)
I finally broke down and watched it about 5 years ago. I never have to watch it again. it was fine. I don't get the hype. I say stick to your guns and keep avoiding it.

LINK to video
Every Hoo down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot, but the Grinch who lived just North of Whoville...
DID NOT.
The Grinch hated Christmas, the whole Christmas season.
Oh, please don't ask why, no one quite knows the reason.
It could be perhaps that his shoes were too tight.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on just right.
But I think, that the most likely reason of all...
May have been that his heart was two sizes, too small.

I'm a Will Ferrell fan but Elf is way overrated, imo. It's kinda corny and not very funny. Better Christmas/Holiday comedies are....

Office Christmas Party
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
The Night Before
Four Christmases
The Holiday (if you are watching with the woman)

elf
love actually
four Christmases
Christmas story
family stone
deck the halls
its a wonderful life
i was a big fan of scrooged. just watched it the other night and it was flat for me
I want to like Polar express more, but always fall asleep while watching

Required for me every year around this time of year:

A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Love Actually
It's A Wonderful Life
White Christmas
Trading Places
Bad Santa
Four Christmases
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Elf
The Santa Clause
Miracle of 34th Street (original)
A Christmas Carol (1951 or George C Scott 80's version)
Scrooged

Elf for sure.

Christmas Story, usually on Christmas Eve Day or Christmas morning.

I know I'm gonna get blasted and I will probably be too busy to come back to argue, but Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie (at least to me).

I finally broke down and watched it about 5 years ago. I never have to watch it again. it was fine. I don't get the hype. I say stick to your guns and keep avoiding it.
I felt the same way about Elf, which I watched for the first time over the weekend. That movie is just not good imo. I know I'm in the minority. :shrug:

• A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart(seems I’m in the minority here)
  • It’s a Wonderful Life
  • A Christmas Story
  • Christmas Vacation
  • Polar Express
  • Bad Santa
  • Home Alone

Also, the usual tv specials:

• Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  • Frosty The Snowman
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I'm a Will Ferrell fan but Elf is way overrated, imo. It's kinda corny and not very funny. Better Christmas/Holiday comedies are....

Office Christmas Party
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
The Night Before
Four Christmases
The Holiday (if you are watching with the woman)

I've heard this one mentioned and on the surface, it looks like it's got a great cast. But it has terrible reviews and 25% at Rotten Tomatoes. That's not good.

Jeez: The Hollywood Reporter called the film "one of the most joyless Christmas movies ever" with "an unearned feel-good ending [that] adds insult to injury"

Users who are viewing this thread