What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best high stakes online leauge (1 Viewer)

sammy

Footballguy
There is a couple that I know of fantasy VIPS and AFFL. Has anybody tried them out and are they well ran and worth the money.

I've done VIPS since its inception and found that Mike Nazarek runs an excellent contest... the drafts run smoothly and the customer service is always solid... best of all he pays out winnings expeditiously

I would add the FANTASY JUNGLE to the list of best online high-stakes leagues out there... excellent competitive format with innovative lineups and scoring... Scott Gunaca provides excellent customer service and the forums are very active (smack, etc)... i would add that the competition over at the JUNGLE is among the best I've experienced

hope this helps

I've done VIPS since its inception and found that Mike Nazarek runs an excellent contest... the drafts run smoothly and the customer service is always solid... best of all he pays out winnings expeditiously
:goodposting: This has been my experience with VIP's as well.

FFTOC

Doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but has a large pay-out. Different sort of format. Every participant gets to use each NFL player only once during the season, but only once. No draft. Very level playing field.

FFTOC format stinks to me. But is a nice contest for those of you that likes that kind of format.

A big question for me to get involved with High stakes is what the % of payouts is? That is always the figure I look for. I play in 4 leagues that pay out well well over 120% of $$ collected and no software/web fee! Includeing my own! Needless to say there is always a waiting list and very little or no turnover over the years!

I can't stand leagues where the commishes are looking to make huge profits.

I also would like information on hi stake leagues where most prize $$$ is returned. My league is 125 14 teams. 1800 minimum paid out prizes. I play in a 12 team league 125 x 12 teams 2000 returned in prizes. I play in a 2 - 12 team league small entry fee compared to others but advertiseing bonus makes payout just like 100 leagues.

I might expand my leagues one more to a hi stake next year! 500 ENTRY, 100% RETURNED! Only the serious need to apply! lol

Has anyone entered a league at Antsports.com? I was going to get into a $1000 league last year but was unfamiliar with blind bid free agents. I got into a $200 league that had blind bid FAs and now want to go for some big $$$. They claim to pay out 90% of the money collected.

Has anyone entered a league at Antsports.com? I was going to get into a $1000 league last year but was unfamiliar with blind bid free agents. I got into a $200 league that had blind bid FAs and now want to go for some big $$$. They claim to pay out 90% of the money collected.
Steve runs a top notch site, best in the biz.I would highly recommend anyone to his site.

Very high payout percentages.

Quick payments too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

FFTOC format stinks to me. But is a nice contest for those of you that likes that kind of format.

A big question for me to get involved with High stakes is what the % of payouts is? That is always the figure I look for. I play in 4 leagues that pay out well well over 120% of $$ collected and no software/web fee! Includeing my own! Needless to say there is always a waiting list and very little or no turnover over the years!

I can't stand leagues where the commishes are looking to make huge profits.

I also would like information on hi stake leagues where most prize $$$ is returned. My league is 125 14 teams. 1800 minimum paid out prizes. I play in a 12 team league 125 x 12 teams 2000 returned in prizes. I play in a 2 - 12 team league small entry fee compared to others but advertiseing bonus makes payout just like 100 leagues.

I might expand my leagues one more to a hi stake next year! 500 ENTRY, 100% RETURNED! Only the serious need to apply! lol
Huh? hey pay you to play :rolleyes: What leagues are they?

Has anyone entered a league at Antsports.com?  I was going to get into a $1000 league last year but was unfamiliar with blind bid free agents.  I got into a $200 league that had blind bid FAs and now want to go for some big $$$.  They claim to pay out 90% of the money collected.
Steve runs a top notch site, best in the biz.I would highly recommend anyone to his site.

Definately not the best site in the biz.

The 2000 payout league is ran by a movie star I have been playing fantasy with for many many years. Close to 15 now? Just a good guy that wanted to give some of his wealth to his long time fantasy league buddies.

My league is also pretty much invite only mostly full of guys I have played with for many many years. I have won so much over the years I decided to give a little extra back each year.

The third cheap leagues is a group of leagues ran by a Canadian. He sells advertisement and pitches the advertisement bonus he makes into the highest scoreing super bowl winner each year on top of 100% payout. I just happened to win the bonus last two years in seperate leagues. haha He hets his web cost free also. I don;t know how but I think its for advertiseing there business on all his league pages.

Yes, them 4 pay me to play! The rest of my leagues only deduct for the web cost so they are almost full payback.

The 2000 payout league is ran by a movie star I have been playing fantasy with for many many years.  Close to 15 now? Just a good guy that wanted to give some of his wealth to his long time fantasy league buddies. 

My league is also pretty much invite only mostly full of guys I have played with for many many years.  I have won so much over the years I decided to give a little extra back each year. 

The third cheap leagues is a group of leagues ran by a Canadian.  He sells advertisement and pitches the advertisement bonus he makes into the highest scoreing super bowl winner each year on top of 100% payout.   I just happened to win the bonus last two years in seperate leagues. haha  He hets his web cost free also. I don;t know how but I think its for advertiseing there business on all his league pages.

Yes, them 4  pay me to play!  The rest of my leagues only deduct for the web cost so they are almost full payback.
Doubt many will take you seriously or believe you around here you unless you get more specific and add some links to this story. So who is the so called "movie star" and can you show show us some league page links?. Also using spell check may help you some....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone entered a league at Antsports.com?  I was going to get into a $1000 league last year but was unfamiliar with blind bid free agents.  I got into a $200 league that had blind bid FAs and now want to go for some big $$$.  They claim to pay out 90% of the money collected.

Please elaborate.

Fantasy VIPs, Fantasy Jungle and antsports have provided my best high-stakes experiences over the last two seasons.

I haven't tried AFFL, but would be curious to hear more about it.

Antsports also gives a 5% discount on returning players, which makes the payout even better from year 2 on.I have found the competition to be a bit of a mixed bag. Though in a high stakes money league I would not be looking to play against all sharks.

I participated in the AFFL last season. Everything went smooth, Neil and his crew ran a smooth service, and helped out with any questions; great customer sevice. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a high $ league.

Please elaborate.
I have played there for several years and will not be returning. These are just a couple of things off of the top of my head.Live scoring is rarely accessible

There were some trade issues that came up where Steve agreed that one friend was giving another one an upgrade for the playoffs but still let it go.

In one league someone accidentally dropped Bulger and another team picked him up before Steve had a chance to correct it. Steve decided to let both of the teams have a Bulger for the rest of the year.

you asked for them, here they are! Trust me, I don't BS on these boards!

And for the spellcheck who cares. I wasn't an English major and I am not a picky sonofa#####. lol

http://www.webleaguemanager.com/leaguehome.asp

this is the payout page (homepage)

in case it didn't work!

http://www.webleaguemanager.com/reports/Fa...tandingsRpt.asp

standings page but doesn't show the 2000 payout!

in case neither worked!

DOWN AND OUT PAY OUT BREAK DOWN YEAR 2005

$2,000 Total

125 x 12 = 1,500

Bonus = 500

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly Winners x 17

1st place $30 = 510

2nd place $20 = 340

Year End Winners

Toilet Bowl (worst six teams will compete only)

2nd Place = $50

Toilet BowlChamps = $100 (and first pick of the draft)

Wild Card Winners 3 x 50 = $150

Sore ### Award = $50 (Low weekly score of the year)

Overall Weekly High Score = $75 (Highest point total for one week)

Divisional Champs 3 x 75 = $225

2nd Place Overall = $200

Super Bowl Champs = $300

$2,000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.goldenyakffl.netfirms.com/2005Y...ellowindex.html

to get to other leagues just click on colors at bottom of yellow

my link. I know it works!

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/28065

I bumped the financial statement to top of message board

you asked for them, here they are! Trust me, I don't BS on these boards!

And for the spellcheck who cares. I wasn't an English major and I am not a picky sonofa#####. lol

http://www.webleaguemanager.com/leaguehome.asp

this is the payout page (homepage)

in case it didn't work!

http://www.webleaguemanager.com/reports/Fa...tandingsRpt.asp

standings page but doesn't show the 2000 payout!

in case neither worked!

DOWN AND OUT PAY OUT BREAK DOWN YEAR 2005

$2,000 Total

125 x 12 = 1,500

Bonus = 500

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly Winners x 17

1st place $30 = 510

2nd place $20 = 340

Year End Winners

Toilet Bowl (worst six teams will compete only)

2nd Place = $50

Toilet BowlChamps = $100 (and first pick of the draft)

Wild Card Winners 3 x 50 = $150

Sore ### Award = $50 (Low weekly score of the year)

Overall Weekly High Score = $75 (Highest point total for one week)

Divisional Champs 3 x 75 = $225

2nd Place Overall = $200

Super Bowl Champs = $300

$2,000

http://www.goldenyakffl.netfirms.com/2005Y...ellowindex.html

to get to other leagues just click on colors at bottom of yellow

my link. I know it works!

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/28065

I bumped the financial statement to top of message board
Who's the movie star?

Has there been any recent news on whether the NFL can charge online FF companies for using its stats?

I recall that being a sore spot about a month ago.

purestrength... it is called licenseing fees I think. I don't think anything has changed with the web providers because I have already been given lower or equal prices concerning leagues I run for 2006.

From what I saw on ESPN inside the lines the NFL is after the big big companies that make huge profits and I don't play them big profit leagues so I don't care or know what is really going on. I don't think FG or web providers need to worry. It's the big companies trying to make tons of money that might have to deal with NFL.

I am sure someone more knowledged could answer you much better then me. Someday it could have an effect on us little guys though I don't think it's anything to worry about in the immediate future.

Please elaborate.
I have played there for several years and will not be returning. These are just a couple of things off of the top of my head.Live scoring is rarely accessible

There were some trade issues that came up where Steve agreed that one friend was giving another one an upgrade for the playoffs but still let it go.

In one league someone accidentally dropped Bulger and another team picked him up before Steve had a chance to correct it. Steve decided to let both of the teams have a Bulger for the rest of the year.
I've been playing $1K leagues there for quite a while. I am all about high percentage payouts and no one I have seen offers better. Everything else is secondary to me. And as far as Steve as commish- from what I have seen, he always tries to be fair, but there are some predictaments where some players are going to be unhappy, regardless of the decision.

Users who are viewing this thread