What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best League Management Sites for IDP (1 Viewer)

FantasyNut

Footballguy
Hey gang...Been a VERY long time since I posted anything, but with the draft over, it's time to put my Commissioner hat on and start reviewing what's out there for league management services...I've run my league at RealTime Sports for 3 or 4 years and have been very happy with the service and it seems like their enhancements for this season are pretty promising.BUT, where do you host your league? Would you recommend it?ALSO, anyone know of a site that has Stuffs and Hurries as scoring categories or any other "unofficial" defensive stats?

Last edited by a moderator:
MFL is great.
Agree. With a BIG caveat that the draft mechanism is clumsy and in need of a complete overhaul. "Clumsy" is probably too kind. It's almost comically antiquated. You can't do a single preranking for the entire draft. You have to prerank for each round. Moreover, if you prerank, you are locked into that preranking. You get zero seconds to change your mind when your pick comes up. To be fair, you are given the option of copying your preranks from one round to the next. But how do you know which players have already been selected when looking at your preranks? You don't. They don't disappear once they've been picked, or even get "greyed out". You have to just remember they're gone. That's easy in round one. Not quite as easy in round 47 of a dynasty league. Even Yahoo's system is far more advanced and user-friendly....and that's free. Moreover, don't even THINK about having a live online draft if not everyone is going to be present. Last year I had a MFL draft that took nearly SIX hours. I #### you not. I won't go into the specifics of that nightmare here, but suffice it to say we won't be using MFL to do any more online drafts. On the positive side, MFL's support has been fantastic, and outside of the draft debacle, the site's been excellent. Two enthusiastic thumbs up if they ever sort out the draft thingy. :thumbup:

MFL is great.
Agree. With a BIG caveat that the draft mechanism is clumsy and in need of a complete overhaul. "Clumsy" is probably too kind. It's almost comically antiquated. You can't do a single preranking for the entire draft. You have to prerank for each round. Moreover, if you prerank, you are locked into that preranking. You get zero seconds to change your mind when your pick comes up. To be fair, you are given the option of copying your preranks from one round to the next. But how do you know which players have already been selected when looking at your preranks? You don't. They don't disappear once they've been picked, or even get "greyed out". You have to just remember they're gone. That's easy in round one. Not quite as easy in round 47 of a dynasty league. Even Yahoo's system is far more advanced and user-friendly....and that's free. Moreover, don't even THINK about having a live online draft if not everyone is going to be present. Last year I had a MFL draft that took nearly SIX hours. I #### you not. I won't go into the specifics of that nightmare here, but suffice it to say we won't be using MFL to do any more online drafts. On the positive side, MFL's support has been fantastic, and outside of the draft debacle, the site's been excellent. Two enthusiastic thumbs up if they ever sort out the draft thingy. :thumbup:
Sounds about right - clumsy draft interface, but great support and lots of features.

MFL is great.
That will be sorted out in the next couple weeks. They are adding a "yahoo style" pre draft list to fill out. So if your draftting in August, the best site by leaps and bounds is MFL. I've never been with a better service. I've use CBS, Yahoo, Sandbox, Fanstar. The customer support is amazing, as well as their online comunuty that helps you set up some cool websites.

Users who are viewing this thread