What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

League Wrinkle (2 Viewers)

SSA

Footballguy
I have 2 IDP leagues and 4 years ago tried a little some thing different. You have to have owners that are cognizant with deadlines. We always draft early, right before preseason. We have 5 extra picks beyond our keepers. A few days prior to the actual regular season we have to cut our roster by 5. (Any 5) In our case we have to set the roster at 40 on the site so in order to not have empty spots for waivers you have to at the same time pick up 5 either defensive teams or kickers which are set to score nothing. The fun in this is sorting out your roster for the cut (a trip) and the drop league wide gets nutty (60 new players on the wire all at once) It took about 2 years to get the kinks worked out. but it's part of it now.

I don't get it. This is pretty common (needing to cut down to a set toster size by a specific date). I also don't understand the purpose of needing to pick up blanks. Just leave the roster as is.

Didn't know it was common. The blanks which is a good name are to prevent a waiver add always calling for a drop. I would be interested in the format of a normal one is done. Thought I had a good one

Didn't know it was common. The blanks which is a good name are to prevent a waiver add always calling for a drop. I would be interested in the format of a normal one is done. Thought I had a good one
I said that wrong. Put make in for prevent

Users who are viewing this thread