What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Nintendo Games? (1 Viewer)

Super Tecmo

Punch out

Mario brothers

Contra

Ikari warriors

hM; excite bike , TMNT, double dragon. Wrestling. Karate.

Mix on detention and social studies and 99% of my sixth grade year is accounted for in the list above.

We talking original NES?

Then:

Super Mario Bros 3

Legend of Zelda

Super Mario bros 1

Mega Man 2

Metroid

The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Tecmo Super Bowl
Bionic Commando

Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
We talking original NES?

Then:

Super Mario Bros 3

Legend of Zelda

Super Mario bros 1

Mega Man 2

Metroid
Strictly original, blowing into the cartridge & smashing the system to get the game to work.

Blow the dust out!

A few that nobody's mentioned yet:

Metal Gear

Blaster Master

Jackal

Gradius

Rygar

Ninja Gaiden

I hated Kid Icarus. I recognize that it's a great game... but I really sucked at it LOL

Metriod

Zelda
SMB3

Then a multi way tie for fourth

Kid Icarus

Super TB

Metal Gear

Mike Tyson

Metal Gear

Mega Man 2

Rygar

Zelda 2

Golgo 13

Legendary wings

Guardian legend

Milo's secret castle

Need to be in this discussion

Ilov80s said:
Super Mario 3

Mega Man 2

Castlevania 2

Zelda 2

Ninja Gaiden 2
Sorry man - I can't get with this. I do think it's better then the history books give it credit for esp for a 16 year old kid who had a Nintendo Power subscription. But the critics were right about the poor translation within the game. The game was imposable without outside help. The "translation" from the Japanese version of the game of Major Information/Hints were just awful. Considering how popular Nintendo was at the time I can't believe that some beta tester didn't speak up/wasn't listened too on how bad of a game the translation of the hints made this game.

Golgo 13

Legendary wings

Guardian legend

Milo's secret castle

A cult classic. My only issue with it was how long it took to beat. The one major underground maze (I think it was in Brazil if I remember right?) drove me crazy.

Ilov80s said:
Super Mario 3

Mega Man 2

Castlevania 2

Zelda 2

Ninja Gaiden 2
Sorry man - I can't get with this. I do think it's better then the history books give it credit for esp for a 16 year old kid who had a Nintendo Power subscription. But the critics were right about the poor translation within the game. The game was imposable without outside help. The "translation" from the Japanese version of the game of Major Information/Hints were just awful. Considering how popular Nintendo was at the time I can't believe that some beta tester didn't speak up/wasn't listened too on how bad of a game the translation of the hints made this game.
Still my favorite Castlevania game not named SOTN.

Golgo 13

Legendary wings

Guardian legend

Milo's secret castle

A cult classic. My only issue with it was how long it took to beat. The one major underground maze (I think it was in Brazil if I remember right?) drove me crazy.
Best soundtrack/theme music on the NESI'd like to mend this and say the music from Metroid and Kid Icarus are tied with this one.

Blow the dust out!

Metal Gear

Blaster Master

Jackal

Gradius

Rygar

Ninja Gaiden

I hated Kid Icarus. I recognize that it's a great game... but I really sucked at it LOL
I really liked Kid Icarus. In fact I think it's strange that it really hasn't gotten a major reboot yet. I remember hearing when they were making OOT for Zelda and the first 3D Metroid how "excited" I was. I think a Kid Icarus 3d world would be great and I think there would be a market for it. Can you imagine all the cool Greek Mythology bad guys they could have?

Blow the dust out!

Metal Gear

Blaster Master

Jackal

Gradius

Rygar

Ninja Gaiden

I really liked Kid Icarus. In fact I think it's strange that it really hasn't gotten a major reboot yet. I remember hearing when they were making OOT for Zelda and the first 3D Metroid how "excited" I was. I think a Kid Icarus 3d world would be great and I think there would be a market for it. Can you imagine all the cool Greek Mythology bad guys they could have?
They re-released a 3-D version for the 3DS but I beat it with it turned off.

Blow the dust out!

Metal Gear

Blaster Master

Jackal

Gradius

Rygar

Ninja Gaiden

I'm talking about a "real" re-boot not a 3DS. Something with the size and scope of Twilight Princess on the WII. Bow and Arrow with the Wii would be awesome.

These are the games that I still play to this day. Therefore they're my favorites:

Tecmo Super Bowl

Baseball Stars

Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Contra

R.C. Pro Am

If I had to choose five others that don't enough love:

Star Tropics

Cobra Triangle

Goonies II

Maniac Mansion

Wizards & Warriors

Blow the dust out!

Metal Gear

Blaster Master

Jackal

Gradius

Rygar

Ninja Gaiden

I'm talking about a "real" re-boot not a 3DS. Something with the size and scope of Twilight Princess on the WII. Bow and Arrow with the Wii would be awesome.
Yea I know. They did release one last year but it was essentially a shooter. Personally I just want a Kid Icarus 2 but side (and vertical) scrolling just like the first one, but with re-visitable areas and HD graphics. Same game play with more RPG.

You idea sounds great but we both know they'd just botch it.

Golgo 13

Legendary wings

Guardian legend

Milo's secret castle

Can't think of many games I dislike more than this one. Could never for the life of me figure out what I was supposed to do.

Metroid

Final Fantasy

The Legend of Zelda

Duck Tales

Tetris

Honorable Mentions:

Crystalis

Bubble Bobble

Zelda II

Kid Icarus

Blaster Master

Ilov80s said:
Super Mario 3

Mega Man 2

Castlevania 2

Zelda 2

Ninja Gaiden 2
I was about 8 or 9 when that game came out and I loved it. It was open ended and dark, which was cool. It was a tough game, but I beat it. I don't recall if I used Nintendo Power or not. It may have has flaws, but it was a classic.

Can't believe RBI baseball has been so overlooked.
This. By far my favorite game. I also loved Baseball Simulator 1.000 but that's because it's the first sports game I can remember playing that was customizable (i.e. player names, skill attributes, etc.). Loved them both.

RBI Baseball

Legend of Zelda

Tecmo Bowl

Metroid

Pro Wrestling

life force

river city ransom

super contra

SMB3

Zelda

tecmo bowl

RC PRO AM

battletoads

guerilla war

Golgo 13

Legendary wings

Guardian legend

Milo's secret castle

Can't think of many games I dislike more than this one. Could never for the life of me figure out what I was supposed to do.
I have a NES at my parents beach house with a ton of games and this is one of them I tend to fire up once a year. There is a part about 10 minutes in that I don't remember what to do and I get stuck and just quit.

I beat it years ago but just have been too lazy to wiki or youtube it.

Can't believe RBI baseball has been so overlooked.
This. By far my favorite game. I also loved Baseball Simulator 1.000 but that's because it's the first sports game I can remember playing that was customizable (i.e. player names, skill attributes, etc.). Loved them both.

RBI Baseball

Legend of Zelda

Tecmo Bowl

Metroid

Pro Wrestling
Agree with RBI Baseball and raise you a Baseball Stars.

Honorable mentions to DuckTales, Ghosts n Goblins,TMNT Arcade and Jackal.

What was the game where you are a sniper? Loved that one too.
Was it called Rescue or am I thinking of a different game?I also loved Chip and Dales Resue Rangers. **** Tracy was good too.

Never mind, the #### Tracy I liked was for Genesis..

Gauntlet. Greatest arcade game ever, and while the Nintendo version was subpar, it was still tons of fun.
The NES Gauntlet was superior to the Arcade version to me. Unlike the arcade version it had RPG like elements and and actual final boss and ending.

This is one of the few games I could not beat.

Users who are viewing this thread